Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2013, 10:40 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,116,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Don't tell that to my neighbor he thinks it's legal right to own a .50 Barrett sniper rifle. There is no reason a citizen should have access to a sniper rifle that can take out an engine block from a mile away. WTF? I would ban that for damn sure.

And yes I own a .357 looking into a CCW so don't call me some liberal freak.

I am satisfied with the 15 round max clip. That's what a Glock 19 ships with and there is no damn reason for a 33 round mag.
How do you justify 15?

Old 03-22-2013, 10:41 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,735,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
Isn't anyone in Colorado incensed about an outsider like Bloomberg coming in and bulldozing the state government with his billions to push his radical leftist agenda? This will be appealed to the Supreme Court of course, but the gun grabbers are counting on Obama to appoint at least one more leftist justice before the case gets there. They have their plan to disarm the American people and they are proceeding with it one step at a time.

People are too stupid to see reality, letting the agenda of left radicals slowly and insidiously corrupt the younger generation and propagandize the older generation until finally most of the population believes what used to be true is now false. What used to be right for America is now wrong. All they have to do is tell the lie repeatedly, and people will believe it to have become the truth.

Thank God there are people in Colorado who still stand for America. Congratulations to those who are awake in Colorado!

best,
toodie

Old 03-22-2013, 10:44 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
How do you justify 15?
It strikes a good middle ground between not enough ammo, my .357 and a 33 round clip, besides it's factory ship size from Glock.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,735,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryDude View Post
May your chains rest lightly upon you-

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on
Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

"The militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves, ... all men capable of bearing arms;..."
— "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic", 1788 (either Richard Henry Lee or Melancton Smith).

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
— Tench Coxe, 1788.

"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every police operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? If during periods of mass arrests people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever was at hand? The organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt."
— Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Nobel Prize winner and author of The Gulag Archipelago, who spent 11 years in Soviet concentration camps.
Anyone who doesn't "get" what this post says should consider the future their kids and grandkids will endure in this so-called Free Country, America. Thank you for this post.
best,
toodie

Old 03-23-2013, 06:55 AM

557 posts, read 810,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
People are too stupid to see reality, letting the agenda of left radicals slowly and insidiously corrupt the younger generation and propagandize the older generation until finally most of the population believes what used to be true is now false. What used to be right for America is now wrong. All they have to do is tell the lie repeatedly, and people will believe it to have become the truth.

Thank God there are people in Colorado who still stand for America. Congratulations to those who are awake in Colorado!

best,
toodie
Yawn.

Just out of curiosity, what was right for America, that is now wrong?

Old 03-23-2013, 09:21 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Interesting how many of the same people that think that states should be able to thumb their nose at the Federal government regarding marijuana law are the ones clamoring for national sovereignty and uniformity in gun control. I guess their opinion of who controls the jukebox depends on whether or not they like the tune that is playing.
Yes that is quite funny Jazz. I highly doubt those individuals will respond though as you've caught them in a trap of logic and well, they are busted.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:36 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Don't tell that to my neighbor he thinks it's legal right to own a .50 Barrett sniper rifle. There is no reason a citizen should have access to a sniper rifle that can take out an engine block from a mile away. WTF? I would ban that for damn sure.

I am satisfied with the 15 round max clip. That's what a Glock 19 ships with and there is no damn reason for a 33 round mag.
You've been watching too many movies. I don't dispute the 50 cal is a powerful round, I've seen them fired on our sniper range and they are impressive. But mastering any sort of long range distance shooting is practically a full time job and once you start getting out to 500-600 yards you better get your math book out.

So you are satisfied the benevolent government has "allowed" you 15 rounds since you are incapable of making your own choices? So what happens when it's 10, 7 then 5 and then one?

Old 03-23-2013, 09:37 AM

1,664 posts, read 4,362,313 times
Quote:

I'm fine with anybody who legally owns and uses firearms ... .50cal is pretty popular among those into long-range precision shooting, or collectors of 'exotics'. Not much different than somebody who has a garage full of cars, motorcycles, etc.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:18 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I'm surprised that nobody has started a thread to discuss these proposed laws. For those of you who are not familiar:

House Bill 1224 limits ammunition capacity to 15 rounds.

House Bill 1226 banned concealed carry permits on college campuses and was killed by its sponsor.

House Bill 1228 imposed a fee for background checks.

House Bill 1229 proposes universal background checks, including private sales and transfers.

Senate Bill 195 bans online certification for concealed carry permits, requiring people to attend in person.

Senate Bill 196 holds manufacturers and sellers of semiautomatic weapons liable for violence committed with them and was killed by its sponsor.
As Denver goes Purple and then Blue, I think you will see this trend toward sensible gun legislation continue.

The above seem very reasonable laws, that do not put an overdue burden on gun owners. . .seems fair to me.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:30 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,463,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
As Denver goes Purple and then Blue, I think you will see this trend toward sensible gun legislation continue.

The above seem very reasonable laws, that do not put an overdue burden on gun owners. . .seems fair to me.
Spoken by someone from Chicago--if one accepts his moniker; the Chicago having some of the most restrictive gun laws in the US, and also one of the highest crime and murder rates in the US. In fact, most of the cities in the US with the most restrictive gun laws also sport some of the highest crime rates and murder rates.

If people are really concerned about curtailing gun violence, the best way to do that is enact severe penalties, up to and including the death penalty, for persons convicted of using a firearm to commit a felony. Of course, that is not what the unseemly side of the gun control movement is about. As is succinctly put in a bumper sticker, "Gun control is not about guns, it's about control."

On many issues, I am likely considered a "centrist," but I stand solidly with the pro-Second Amendment folks on the gun control issue. Several years ago, I was amused when a friend of mine, a very left-wing, environmentalist liberal, got a concealed weapon permit. I asked her why she would be getting a CWP and also be a member of the NRA with her otherwise liberal views. Her cryptic reply, "Because I'm liberal, but I'm not stupid."

The gun control measures enacted by the State Legislature in Colorado this year, in large part, will not make Colorado a safer place, it will make it more dangerous over time. Another reason that I hope to be gone from Colorado in the relatively near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado