U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 01:52 PM

7 posts, read 16,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
2nd Edit: It is very cool that your doing this.

Thank you, it was my wish for so long Can't wait to come and experience the USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 02:37 PM

9,110 posts, read 17,071,904 times
Just a warning about living conditions on some J1 visa, Companies.

McDonald's cuts ties with midstate operator over guest worker scandal | PennLive.com

Follow some of the links..

Old 08-18-2013, 06:00 PM

493 posts, read 702,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaKne View Post
Yes, it seems that I have probably mixed cities. My bad
Well, we don't know what kind of restaurant it is, but I assume it's something like McDonald's, KFC... We will get the right address and all the details when we sign the job offer. (and that would probably be on Monday) So,right know I'm trying to get all information I can get. I don't have a problem with being bored in the city, or with natures beauty.
We will be staying in a hotel,and the room will cost for a month $400 per person. Maybe, when we come there,we will be looking for some cheaper place to live. Is that possible? is the price overrated?
What is my biggest concern, will we be able to get a second job? We definitely want a second job, so is there many demands for it? We really want to work for three months as much as we can...
Can you tell me little bit more about your experience with that employer and how where students managed, and were they satisfied with the city, pay? Maybe it's the same employer
this was posted a few months ago and i wondered if the poster ever made it to trinidad.
if you're still around out here, please let us know how you're doing and how you like the town. i presume that the $400/mo hotel was the Savoy Hotel, which still advertises on craigslist so i guess it is still open for business. i'll be passing through town next weekend and will be going by there out of curiosity. doesn't look like much from the outside google maps view, but maybe safe enough. looks like it would fit right in with Amsterdam coffee house/hotels if A64 ever gets fully implemented. certainly the price is right for newcomers working minimum wage or maybe retirees on soc sec only. can't get any lower without roommates. Prospect Plaza apartments are same price, but probably have full kitchens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado