U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 11:29 PM

21 posts, read 138,893 times
Default taking a trip

yes we do plan on visiting colorado before moving. thank you all for your help, its so hard to decide with so many different opinions and feedback on the colorado areas. if anyone has anymore info dont hesitate to respond. thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 11:47 PM

259 posts, read 1,020,467 times
Skip Aurora. Littleton is nice, but older.

Douglas County is where you want to be.

Consider Highlands Ranch (esp. if you like amenities) or Castle Rock.

Also nice is Larkspur (further), Sedalia (rural) and Parker.

I think the price/value in Castle Rock is very favorable. Highlands Ranch is
hard to beat, but has a yuppy reputation. More house and land for the $$
in Castle Rock.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:29 AM

26,362 posts, read 54,170,320 times
This has a few pictures, and is a pretty good example for you.

Colorado Springs Neighborhood Report ~ Middle Creek Manor and Mary Kyer Park - Colorado Springs Real Estate Connection

Old 10-29-2007, 09:52 AM

I really like Fort Collins, but the jobs are less plentiful there. Its a smaller college town, but the pace is slower than in other cities. It has a charming downtown and nice university. Its an agricultural town, not a rich-kid town like Boulder. Longmont and Loveland are also nice, if you don't mind commuting an hour each way every day. Castle Rock takes me 35-40 to commute to downtown each day, which is worth it to me ... as the town is really neat and different from Denver.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:51 PM

63 posts, read 380,969 times
Yeah 450 for a "wealthier" area. You are way priced out of the wealthy neighborhoods and towns. However there are plenty of middle class towns and neighborhoods where your dollar would go far. Arvada, Westminster, Thornton, Wheatridge, parts of Denver, Longmont, Erie....lots of places.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:44 PM

18 posts, read 70,307 times
Default Wrong state, friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassonkelly View Post
My fiance and I are in plans to move to Colorado from Orange County, Ca. We want to find a nice city to raise our children in and own our first home. We are moving out of Ca to get away from the crime and overwhelming housing costs due to immigration.

If anyone has any info on some of the wealthier, nicer areas to live please let me know. Thank you!
Judging by your post, I think you'd be more comfortable in Montana or North Dakota. Northern Idaho is another possibility. There are plenty of areas up there that are for those who think a) illegal immigrants are to blame for everything (low wage workers driving up real estate? - HUH???), and b) those who think $450k on a house will make you "wealthy" and "nice." That kind of money will make you look rich in those areas.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:04 PM

21 posts, read 138,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrotor View Post
Judging by your post, I think you'd be more comfortable in Montana or North Dakota. Northern Idaho is another possibility. There are plenty of areas up there that are for those who think a) illegal immigrants are to blame for everything (low wage workers driving up real estate? - HUH???), and b) those who think $450k on a house will make you "wealthy" and "nice." That kind of money will make you look rich in those areas.
Facts are facts. The illegal immigrants are causing housing prices to go up. There isnt anything left for the middle class due to the immigrants growing in population in the older middle class communities and turning them into dumps. Im not sure if you've heard of Santa Ana, Anaheim, Garden Grove..etc.. but they used to be nice places to live now they are spitting images of Tijuana. Its sad. Now all that's left is Tijuana or Newport Coast $1mil+. I'm not interested in looking rich or wealthy, however, nicer neighborhoods bring nicer neighbors. I'm sure when you were looking for a place to live carnicerias and panderias weren't top on your list for neighborhood shopping centers. Or maybe they were in which case CA would be great for you.

Last edited by jassonkelly; 10-29-2007 at 10:14 PM..

Old 10-29-2007, 10:53 PM

136 posts, read 489,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassonkelly View Post
Facts are facts. The illegal immigrants are causing housing prices to go up. There isnt anything left for the middle class due to the immigrants growing in population in the older middle class communities and turning them into dumps. Im not sure if you've heard of Santa Ana, Anaheim, Garden Grove..etc.. but they used to be nice places to live now they are spitting images of Tijuana. Its sad. Now all that's left is Tijuana or Newport Coast $1mil+. I'm not interested in looking rich or wealthy, however, nicer neighborhoods bring nicer neighbors. I'm sure when you were looking for a place to live carnicerias and panderias weren't top on your list for neighborhood shopping centers. Or maybe they were in which case CA would be great for you.
I totally understand your idea to relocate to a nice, safe place for your family. I absolute agree with you about the unreasonable housing price of CA(mainly in SoCal and Bay Area). I also belive that illegal immigrants causes a portion of the high crime rate in some CA areas (not in San Jose where I live). I see a lot of illegal immigrants who work very hard for the lowest paid labour work in san Jose. It is impossible for them to afford a home here. Therefore, I don't know how these illegal immigrants make housing price going up in CA???

Old 10-29-2007, 11:30 PM

Well, there are plenty of illegals in Colorado. Sadly, Denver has become a refuge city. I'm not seeing them driving up real estate here, so much as they are driving up heathcare by never paying at the clinics and hospitals.

Anyways, you'd be more than welcome here in Colorado. Like I said, lots of CA folks have made the move and liked it here. Our next door neighbors are from CA and everytime they return from a trip there, they tell me how much they appreciate coming back to Castle Rock from the LA area. The sky here is BLUE and most days are sunny. I've heard Idaho is nice, but the winters are a bear ... and jobs are limited.

Right now, a CA buyer can have a nice choice of houses in this buyers market.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:15 AM

2,458 posts, read 5,346,995 times
Back to the question from the OP...I'd second the earlier comment about Fort Collins. Its a great town that is large enough to have pretty much everything you'd need, but right at an hour to Denver for those big-city shopping needs. Super-safe and very cool downtown area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado