U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 03:59 PM

15 posts, read 14,039 times

Advertisements

If it's a good day, a little hike to Chautauqua and a stroll down Pearl Street would be good. My family (from Miami) loves that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 11:36 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,403 posts, read 39,722,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle1 View Post
Right next to Garden of the Gods is Glen Eyrie castle which has an afternoon tea, if that interests her. I have never been so I cannot vouch for what it is like, but I would like to see the castle and grounds.
http://www.gleneyrie.org/Visit-The-C...TeaAtTheCastle
Oh yes, do this ^^^ (YOu can sign up for tour also)

Along with your Co Springs events (USAFA, and US Olympic Training center tour), you can do a circle loop to Glenwood Springs to or from there.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:34 AM

10,063 posts, read 13,951,849 times
I am trying to think of something to do outside that will give us a lot of sun exposure since she lives with dreary weather. I think depending on the weather, going to Cherry Creek State Park will work best since it's open flat ground, not set against a mountain.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
, you can do a circle loop to Glenwood Springs to or from there.
Did you mean go to the academy and then head to GS in same day/weekend?

Old 04-20-2013, 10:25 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,403 posts, read 39,722,706 times
Just plan a LOOP rather than an I-70 there and back. I prefer to do GS during the week.

Depending on your time in CoSp, you might need to spend the night in Manitou Springs, or Buena Vista. Hopefully Independence Pass is open, nice route to GS through Aspen.. My faminly really enjoyed the Olympic training tour and Glen Eryie.

Boulder (celestial season tour + lunch/dinner/beer on the hill) / Estes Park / Loveland Sculpture park is a nice day trip. You can go first to Loveland, so you can get breakfast (and Cinnamon roll) at Johnson's Corner.

Lots of trails / paths in Loveland and Ft Collins area... (rivers and foothills i.e. Devil's Backbone / Horsetooth) if you don't want to go to Estes.

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 04-20-2013 at 10:37 AM..

Old 04-20-2013, 10:55 AM

2,514 posts, read 3,487,858 times
Remember that Ireland is very low altitude. Plan to do the less strenuous things at lower altitude first to help her avoid altitude sickness.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
Remember that Ireland is very low altitude. Plan to do the less strenuous things at lower altitude first to help her avoid altitude sickness.
Thanks she visited 9 years ago. She is younger and in better shape than us. She was skipping along the rocked covered trails at RMNP with slip ons.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:00 PM

15 posts, read 14,039 times
I just drove up to Evergreen. There's snow all over the mountains but the roads were great. Would you consider the Buffalo Bill grave and the Cabrini Shrine? There's also good old Estes Park...

Old 04-21-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaena G.-F. View Post
I just drove up to Evergreen. There's snow all over the mountains but the roads were great. Would you consider the Buffalo Bill grave and the Cabrini Shrine? There's also good old Estes Park...
Sure thanks again so far we are planning to stay overnight at Glenwood one day springs and relax next day cave tour, hiking.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:29 PM

125 posts, read 212,553 times
Would you consider taking the Amtrak California Zephyr train from Denver to Glenwood? I'm pretty sure it goes through there.

Supposed to be spectacular scenery and you would have the lounge car with great big windows, and the dining car to enjoy the scenery while eating.

Coach seats on Amtrak long distance equipment are like big recliners, nicer than first class in an airplane, they have huge amounts of leg room and you can walk all through the train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado