U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 12:23 PM

7,335 posts, read 16,594,155 times

Advertisements

konijn

You sound like a very nice couple and we sure hope you do find a nice place to live.
Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2006, 12:49 PM

24 posts, read 128,520 times
I live on the Westside of Colorado Springs and alot of my friends are into classic cars and almost all of us are tatted in not artists ourselves.

I wouldn't really worry about it.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:22 AM

27 posts, read 143,788 times
Thank you SevenAteSix, the more I hear about this, the more it puts a smile on my husbands', (and mine), face. I was thinking to myself, yeah, maybe we are moving to another state, but not another planet. I guess with unknown places, your instinct is to wonder.... Thank you for your help and info. and thanks to LoveBoating, also, for your encouraging words. -

Old 11-05-2006, 11:38 AM

85 posts, read 442,458 times
Hi there,

From Burbank, CA. We went to Colorado two weeks back and visited parker and Castle Rock mostly. We fell in love with it. We didn't have much time to visit Fort Collins, rated number one place to live in the US, but the in-laws (who will be relocating as well) are visiting it next week along with some other areas in the northern denver parts. We feel from our trip to Colorado we can't move fast enough to start out new life. We're a family of three.

I'm excited to hear about Old Cars. My husband has a '67 nova that he plans to re do himself. And, my father in law has 4 hot rods ranging from a '40 chevy with a BIG block to a crusier convertible.

The weather when we were there was 34 the first day but I'll tell you it felt like 55 because of the bright sun. When we were driving through town we saw people jogging in shorts. There was snow patches in some areas because of some snow they got a day or two before we arrived. Considering the weather, it's all what you make of it. The strongest snow month there is March. But when it rains in California, you're inside anyways because no one knows how to drive...ha, ha. It's the same thing. Thank god though for bigger houses there because being stuck in our 1700 sq foot house during the rainy season won't be as enjoyable as a 3000 + basement home.

Good Luck!

Old 11-05-2006, 12:36 PM

615 posts, read 2,762,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMom View Post
But when it rains in California, you're inside anyways because no one knows how to drive...ha, ha.
You got that right. People are either sliding off the roads or driving in "granny mode".

My dad also likes collecting cars. He has two nicely restored '57 T-Birds and several other cars. He managed to squeeze 5 cars into a 3 car garage (with 2 hydraulic lifts). He stores another in a car trailer.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:50 AM

26 posts, read 184,642 times
Default Fair

I moved from OC in May and know about tattoos, old cars. If you live in the Metro Denver areas you will be fine, but if you live up in plains or mountains then there will be more stares.

As long as those Tats aren't gang related, people don't really care anymore. I worked in LA as a Sheriff Deputy and it is prevelant everywhere out there.

Move here, it is far nicer and more affordable than California! As far as drivers go, well I personally think that people from Colorado are worse! They can't drive well even when it is dry and sunny. I once heard a dj on the radio say here in Denver, "How can you tell a Californian is driving around here, they are the ones giving the finger to all of us that think we are driving fine."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado