Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 03:06 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,008,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory View Post
I'm pretty sure in CO you need to be registered Dem to vote in the primaries.
Well then, I guess I'd better get crackin'. Choices, choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 03:12 PM

260 posts, read 1,434,545 times
Actually, getting nothing done ... might not be all bad ... in fact it might be exactly what I'm looking for out of the Federal Government.

I like the comment about the two parties counter-balancing each other. Its probably a good thing considering how polarized both sides have become.

I feel like most americans are more in the middle (moderate), but not represented accurately from either party ... but obviously we all relate with one side and not the other, so we accept the radicalized version the conservative/liberal side has put forward.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:19 PM

51 posts, read 243,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuqiaRaqs View Post
I

Currently, John Edwards is my favorite candidate for president. I think he will best represent the "true majority" of Americans.
Are you kidding me???? John Edwards the blood sucking lawyer that has pocketed hundreds of millions of dollars from frivolous lawsuits! He is a scumbag and in no way shape or fashion representative of the "true majority" of Americans. You should study up on that charlatan before you cast your vote on him.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.adams View Post
I feel like most americans are more in the middle (moderate), but not represented accurately from either party ... but obviously we all relate with one side and not the other, so we accept the radicalized version the conservative/liberal side has put forward.
I agree, but it's the system we have. I'm registering as a Democrat so that I have at least some say in one of the candidates who will go the distance.

Hopefully, we'll all pay attention to our local elections, too. Those people really have the potential to make significant changes in our communities for the better or worse. Unfortunately, it's the presidential election that gets the lion's share of the coverage, even in the local press.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorhyne View Post
Are you kidding me???? John Edwards the blood sucking lawyer that has pocketed hundreds of millions of dollars from frivolous lawsuits! He is a scumbag and in no way shape or fashion representative of the "true majority" of Americans. You should study up on that charlatan before you cast your vote on him.
Please take it elsewhere, Jo, unless you can agree to debate in a more civilized manner. If not, you're welcome to start your own thread where you can trash the Democratic nominees to your heart's content.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:26 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,925,448 times
formercalifornian wrote:
Franco...I'm not a Ron Paul fan, but he certainly does seem to have a devoted following on web. You say he's not a true Republican. I think he's the closest thing they've got to a real Republican, a traditional conservative, not a neocon. How would you describe him?
I would agree that he is probably the closest thing to a real Republican or traditional conservative. He is certainly not a current day neocon Republican. He has Libertarian viewpoints as well. He stands out from all of the other republican candidates like Dennis Kuchnich stands out from all of the other democratic candidates. They are the black sheep of their respective parties, which is a big part of their attractiveness to me. They are the only candidates who haven't gone thru the cookie cutter so to speak.

blessings....Franco

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 11-01-2007 at 03:44 PM..

Old 11-01-2007, 03:37 PM

51 posts, read 243,272 times
I like Ron Paul, who is really a Libertarian. He is quickly dismissed by a lot of the talkshow radio hosts like Rush, Hannity, etc. However his stance on issues makes a lot of sense and would be great for our country.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:38 PM

638 posts, read 2,274,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.adams View Post
Actually, getting nothing done ... might not be all bad ... in fact it might be exactly what I'm looking for out of the Federal Government.

I like the comment about the two parties counter-balancing each other. Its probably a good thing considering how polarized both sides have become.

But wouldn't it be cheaper to just watch boxing or some other obnoxious sport for free? We are paying them to argue all day.

There was a recent study done and 70% ish of Americans are mods, leaning slightly one way or the other. Those are the people who matter the most to candidates, obviously. The other 30% are the loud and obnoxious ones. That's part of why I get so frustrated that Dems are now Liberals and Liberals are all dread-locked hippies strolling down the beach with a bong in one hand and a peace sign in the other. Chuckle. I just saw a guy like that in Cancun, and I thought "That's what they are trying to label Dems as!"

Old 11-01-2007, 03:48 PM

346 posts, read 1,561,849 times
I have no intention of hi-jacking this collection of diatribes.

However, I am a little tired of all conservatives being classified as evangelical, homophobic, bigoted, "can't think for themselves" freaks. As for my beliefs, I do:

1. lean to the right
2. go to church regularly
3. think for myself, thank you very much
4. not have a problem with homosexuals--have been going to a gay hairdresser for many years who I love dearly
5. not have respect for anyone who is prejudiced against other races

Enjoy the rest of your so-called "civilized" discussion.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebagirl View Post
I have no intention of hi-jacking this collection of diatribes.

However, I am a little tired of all conservatives being classified as evangelical, homophobic, bigoted, "can't think for themselves" freaks. As for my beliefs, I do:

1. lean to the right
2. go to church regularly
3. think for myself, thank you very much
4. not have a problem with homosexuals--have been going to a gay hairdresser for many years who I love dearly
5. not have respect for anyone who is prejudiced against other races

Enjoy the rest of your so-called "civilized" discussion.

With all due respect, Reba, recently this forum has been filled with conservatives who have been trying hard to convince others that your "homophobic, bigoted, 'can't think for themselves' freak" description fits. I merely wanted to establish a thread where Colorado Democrats could connect away from the nasty, ad hominem attacks.

With the Primary coming up, I am interested in what other Democrats have to say about the candidates. I never intended this thread as a "slam" against Republicans, just a place for Democrats and left-leaning Independents to share information and discuss the issues.

Furthermore, the only diatribes I have read on this thread have come from people of decidedly non-liberal leanings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado