Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 12:39 PM

357 posts, read 1,281,968 times

Advertisements

hey no problem! glad to spread the info. And hey rebagirl, thanks for reminding me that not everyone knows about unicef and halloween. guess in my little world of CA everyone does, lol.

btw, where are you in so cal? I grew up in San diego trick or treating for unicef, we also lived in Los angeles (actually Glendale) before moving here. Also lived in San Jose and Oakland before that. (kind of covered the state of CA, lol).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 01:08 PM

346 posts, read 1,561,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCACO View Post
hey no problem! glad to spread the info. And hey rebagirl, thanks for reminding me that not everyone knows about unicef and halloween. guess in my little world of CA everyone does, lol.

btw, where are you in so cal? I grew up in San diego trick or treating for unicef, we also lived in Los angeles (actually Glendale) before moving here. Also lived in San Jose and Oakland before that. (kind of covered the state of CA, lol).
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for being forgiving. I am so sorry for blasting you. It just really rubbed me the wrong way, obviously. I'm over it, and would like to forget about it from this point on. You made me more aware of UNICEF, which I do appreciate.

Anyway, I am in the smoggy San Gabriel Valley. And the smog has been even worse with the incoming smoke from the fires. UGH!

We go to the Glendale Centre Theater quite often and love the warm environment there.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:34 PM

take care. I hear that smoke is just brutal. my nephew evac'ed from San diego for several days and has had some health problems. my friends in san gabriel and san fernando valley say it's pretty awful air quality. it's times like this that make me glad that i've moved my asthmatic body to CO.

stay safe.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:11 AM

anyone know about any democrats possibly running for tancredo's seat in 08 now that he's out?

Old 11-05-2007, 09:46 AM

2,885 posts, read 7,097,978 times
Quote:
anyone know about any democrats possibly running for tancredo's seat in 08 now that he's out?
Tancredo won't seek re-election; candidates line up | Politics West
Quote:
On the Democratic side, state party chair Pat Waak said that so far, only Stephen Ludwig, an at-large University of Colorado regent, is willing to publicly throw out his name as someone considering a run.
Bill Winter, who was defeated by Tancredo last year, is not likely to run again, Waak said.
"It's a longshot to replace (Tancredo) with a Democrat" in the reliably Republican district, said Julian Zelizer, a Princeton University professor and author of two books on Congress.
According to Colorado secretary of state figures, the district as of this month has 211,550 registered Republicans, 114,119 Democrats and 148,306 unaffiliated voters.
"It would be very difficult for Democrats ... to put this (6th District seat) in play," said Dave Wasserman, who analyzes House races in The Cook Political Report, a nonpartisan publication.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:28 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,931,864 times
Quote:
LOL.. a Democrat? It's best hope for a relatively moderate Republican in that district. Current Secretary of State Mike Coffman is rumored to run. Coffman is well respected in Colorado, even though he's definitely a conservative. He'd probably win quite handily in this heavily Republican district if he can win the primary, and I haven't heard about any serious other contenders. Anyone, of course, would be preferable to Tancredo.

The GOP party brass is discouraging the Coffman candidacy since it would enable Governor Ritter to replace him with a new Secretary of State of his own choosing. He could possibly even select Ken Gordon, the Democrat Coffman defeated in the last election. However, the thinking is that Coffman owes few favors to the GOP leadership ,which has given him only lukewarm support in the past, so he likely will run.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:48 PM

hey, any seat that's open is in play in my book. If the democrats don't put money and effort into it, it's definitely not in play. like they say in the lotto, you can't win if you don't play .

thanks for the link .

Old 01-16-2008, 10:09 AM

26,111 posts, read 48,696,623 times
Madeleine Albright will be at Tattered Cover Bookstore in LoDo next week. Details are found on their website.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:27 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,161,743 times
I am a proud democrat, I will never be able to live like a republican.
They say money will never make you happy, but it sure would be nice to make a living. I am happy to hear that Colorado is turning more blue then red, I moved here from the midwest, and I love everything about this state, and being a democrat just like a lot of you others makes me feel right at home.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:38 AM

129 posts, read 554,595 times
I'm relieved to see that there are some Dems in Colorado. I'm an independent, and at the moment I live in a place that's so liberal that it's referred to as "76 square miles surrounded by reality" and work in local politics. I was getting worried that the only place I could live in Colorado was Boulder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado