U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 10:44 AM

11,067 posts, read 12,423,360 times

Advertisements

I'll take more photos when the weather clears. Here's this morning:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 10:52 AM
gn3

151 posts, read 368,848 times
Beautiful views, Jim, but it looks like it's time to re-canvas your roof!

Old 05-08-2013, 11:15 AM

Well I always like having a convertible!

Old 05-08-2013, 07:00 PM

8,317 posts, read 25,805,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Jazz, without too much prying here, what aspects are present in your new locale that you favor, and could you expand on what you were glad to leave behind in CO? Is it a state-wide thing?
What's present in my new locale? Lower population, less "Californication," no drug "legalization," no State Legislature run amok and completely dominated by metropolitan interests, more interest in preserving agriculture, among numerous other things.

A side note: another friend of mine, who has been familiar with the Colorado Legislature and state government for his whole working career, called the 2013 Colorado Legislative session the most completely dysfunctional, contentious, and non-productive legislative session in probably a century. He, a multi-generational Coloradan, says that he has become ashamed to say that he is a Coloradan. "We are now the laughing stock of the country for our legislative stupidity and ignorance of basic law," he said to me. I agree. As he put it even more impolitely, the inmates are running the asylum, and the sane people are figuring out ways to get out. I already have.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:33 PM

49 posts, read 162,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
What's present in my new locale? Lower population, less "Californication," no drug "legalization," no State Legislature run amok and completely dominated by metropolitan interests, more interest in preserving agriculture, among numerous other things.

A side note: another friend of mine, who has been familiar with the Colorado Legislature and state government for his whole working career, called the 2013 Colorado Legislative session the most completely dysfunctional, contentious, and non-productive legislative session in probably a century. He, a multi-generational Coloradan, says that he has become ashamed to say that he is a Coloradan. "We are now the laughing stock of the country for our legislative stupidity and ignorance of basic law," he said to me. I agree. As he put it even more impolitely, the inmates are running the asylum, and the sane people are figuring out ways to get out. I already have.

Unfortunately, it seems , that slowly things seem to be changing all over not just Colorado

Old 05-08-2013, 09:59 PM

2,181 posts, read 5,621,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Totally agree. I'm on my way out as well. Unfortunately, Colorado has been ruined.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:12 PM

178 posts, read 489,253 times
I had some neighbors move next to me from Houston, Texas. Nice people and they loved it here for the first couple of months or so. Then everything seemed to go wrong...too hot, too cold, too dry, locals aren't nice...and on and on and on. I did my part and was a good friendly, helpful neighbor but they are gone. Now we have new neighbors who moved from across town and they are great. I think things are looking up in my part of the world on the Western Slope.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:57 PM

ANYWAY....went up to Ouray some today, 40 degrees rain, I could see it snowing on the surrounding mountains and snow level looks to be about 8,000 feet or so. Here it's been off and on clouds and near 50 today. Here's the Ouray County courthouse today:

Old 05-09-2013, 06:20 PM

Oh and btw, next Saturday the 18th, this is a pretty fun event here.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:46 AM

6,949 posts, read 7,371,314 times
Ha! I wondered if you would start a new thread. Glad you made it back and you definitely seem much happier. Amazing how different 2 towns can be that are in the same state and not that far from each other.

Ha Ha Ha! Jazzy moved out of CO. Now, that would mean that you are now a~~~~newbie, a non-native~~~ Sorry, just couldn't help it.

I keep hearing from many different spots that getting a moving truck is difficult and expensive these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or