U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2006, 12:59 AM

6 posts, read 74,562 times

Advertisements

Hello. IM looking for an area in Colorado to move too. i been to Colorado a few times but for a short period and i really liked it. i was wondering if any one would know of a few place that would fit my needs. i ride bulls, i have horses, i went to raise some cattle, a place that is more on the republican side, ill put these as nice as i can, I don't went to feel like I live in MEXICO. I don't went to be in the desert. rolling green hills like Montana or mountains are good with affordable property 10 to 30 acres. IM also a carpenter so need to be somewhat close to work. don't mind driving 30 min. or so. I don't went to be in a city. but near a place that has stores like Walmart or similar. thank you very much for any ones help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2006, 02:47 PM

649 posts, read 2,691,756 times
Hey there-

Have you looked into Colorado Springs? It is beautiful. There is some great land for good prices East of Colorado Springs. Blackforest and the Tri-lakes area has great land too. Not a bad commute at all. I would suggest Divide/Woodland Park area(whch is west of Colorado Springs, in the mountains). But your commute could get a little longer there. Alot of it boils down to how much you can spend. Colorado Springs has the Pro-Rodeo Hall of fame and rodeo's in town. If you can give me more info, I would be happy to help you out. Colorado Springs is also known to be more conservative. SHEP

Old 10-12-2006, 01:34 AM

827 posts, read 4,631,042 times
You might try Cortez, CO. It is a cowboy western town with lots of cattle, ranches and horses. It is inexpensive and mostly Republican. It has mountains by it. It is in the southwestern part and has milder winters than most of Colorado. It isn't big but has a Walmart and supermarket and such.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:06 AM

1,312 posts, read 6,902,628 times
Hey Bullrider - You may want to check the Cañon City/Penrose area. More open space but still close in to getting the modern things in life. Not sure of the pricing down there but it's gorgeous, not too far from Colorado Springs (Rodeo Hall of Fame is up here) at about a 45 minute drive. C Springs is close enough so you can get in some of the bigger city immenities you might desire like concerts, plays, good restaurants and shopping that you may not be able to get in from a smaller city.

Check out Cañon City's chamber web site at: http://www.canoncitychamber.com/

In fact I am hoping to move there sometime next year.

It's a little more deserty but since it's on the Arkansas River, there's some nice greenery in the summer. Oh and it has excellent weather (well so does most of the lower areas in CO).

Old 10-12-2006, 09:48 PM

Thank you for the info ever one. I did some research on the areas ever one told me about and most look good. I been to cortez and its too desert for me. and shep IM not sure what other info you need. Pretty much what I said and I no I went property with trees. IM also a framer (carpenter) so i need to be some what near by where there building a bit of homes. custom homes preferably and where they pay good. that's been the hardest to find out is where the good work is. the research i have done has showed a lot of cool places all over Colorado and affordable properties IM making a trip to co. in about 2 weeks to take a better look around. now i just got to figure out where? Colorado springs area sounds real good and canon city may be a good place too. but then I start thinking about what is glenwood springs like or montrose? thank you.

Old 10-13-2006, 05:19 AM

827 posts, read 4,631,042 times
California bullrider, Montrose is a very pretty city, but it is expensive to live there. Housing costs are high. The town of Ouray is nearby and is beautiful but very snowy in the winter. Montrose, if you can afford it, is a great place to live.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:06 PM

649 posts, read 2,691,756 times
Hey there! So, how much land do you want? How many acres? What price range are you looking at? There are alot of builders here in Colorado Springs. They are building some amazing custom homes in Blackforest right now. I could give you some lists of custom builders in Colorado Springs and you can contact them. Let me know. BASHEP

Old 10-16-2006, 02:44 PM

IM looking for about 30 arces.main house 3 bed rooms,garge and or work shed, and a barn would be nice, and not to be too close to any one. price range from the 2 to 350 if possible I need to have some trees or a lot of trees on the property. And yea, I would really appreciate those phone #. that would be great. thank you bashep. I should be out that way in about 2 weeks or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado