Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 09:07 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,463,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Isn't it funny how you have no principles when you write stuff like this?

How many times in the past couple of years when people have complained about x, y, or z in Colorado, have you told them that they should leave and move to where they will find things the way they want? So now, why don't you use that same principle? But no, instead, when it's something you side with, the principle is gone and the 85% of urban people in Colorado are supposed to adjust their priorities for the 15% who live in the rural parts of the state. Why now shouldn't those rural folk have to move to where they will find what they want?

Answer: There's no principle involved. It's just you want what you want.
I did vote with my feet. I a) moved out of Colorado and b) even before that, made a conscious decision (despite some lucrative job offers) not to live in Colorado's metro areas. Unfortunately, a lot of rural Coloradans don't have that choice. Even I didn't for quite awhile, but a lot of planning, hard work, and sacrifice made it possible for me to finally "escape." I can't say that has been the best single thing that I've ever done for myself in this life, but it ranks right up there in about the Top Three. And, if there is anything that is "unprincipled," it is the direction that Colorado is going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 01:37 PM

4 posts, read 13,437 times
I am sorry to see you leave colorado jazzlover . You definitely are a wealth of knowledge . I am a mexican american from lamar colorado and i miss the flatlands so much . Me and my husband are moving back to colorado when he retires ( he is originally from brooklyn ,ny ) . God speed and i wish you all the luck in the world .

Old 11-11-2013, 09:24 PM

30 posts, read 56,347 times
I say let 'em go. The last thing I want is people who would rather not be here. They're a self sufficient group, probably most of 'em are financially fairly well off. They want to try and tell me I can't smoke weed, or I cant marry a same sex person if that's what I want to do. Let them form their own state or let Kansas or Nebraska take them in. They are already more aligned with Kansas and Nebraska anyway.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:49 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,688 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Old To Care View Post
I say let 'em go. The last thing I want is people who would rather not be here. ....
Poof, we're gone~!

Many of us have left our Colorado roots / pioneer homesteads and been gone for over 30 yrs, chased away by voters and tax authorities. Still we retain properties, assets, and companies, and employees and still have obligations / interests and taxes to pay in Colorado. Just that we get no vote. (Which employers / landowners / farmers votes in Colorado don't count anyway.)

Enjoy "your" state, I'm sure you are creating lots of jobs, economic and tax revenue growth, and wealth for the state (you are gonna need it)!

Old 11-12-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Early returns indicate that the people of Weld County do NOT want to secede, 58% to 42%, so far. Elbert County is 74% against it.
As always, be sure to know the stats on the electorate.

Weld county landowners, employers, and net tax payers do no form the voting majority.

Folks on Welfare / getting subsidizes / employEEs will tip the scales.

They can't afford to leave mother Colorado !!! They might have to WORK

Old 11-12-2013, 07:02 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default Data are your friends, or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Weld county landowners, employers, and net tax payers do no form the voting majority.Folks on Welfare / getting subsidizes / employEEs will tip the scales.
Can you cite sources?
If yes, then thank you.
If no, then please be quiet.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Can you cite sources?
If yes, then thank you.
If no, then please be quiet.
Ha, Love your type (I do statisitics for a living and am WELL aware of the CO / Weld County stats, as U can be too. http://ballotpedia.org/Greeley-Evans...lections_(2013)
Weld County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Do some serious digging on recent voter registrations and race / income verse historical (last 80 yrs) voter registration. Plenty of vote mining in Weld County.

You still can't say BTDT like me if you haven't lived and fought for your life in the gangs and culture of Evans / Greeley. I have the scars to prove it. Just remember my ancestors were building schools and churches and general stores with their own money in the center of the 51st state, and hand nurturing the dying calves in blizzards and weeping over a yrs harvest lost to hail. while Today! we are chased from the state by your 'entitlements' ("Thank you Very much", from the cocky left). NP, we're still paying your taxes and employing your needy,,, always have... Enjoy your Latte.

Rest assured the entitlement clan has NEVER missed a meal to meet payroll for a group of migrant workers. I have... MANY meals from well before age 5. (Farmers get paid ONCE per yr) (sometimes...)

Old 11-13-2013, 08:38 AM

977 posts, read 1,327,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Ha, Love your type (I do statisitics for a living and am WELL aware of the CO / Weld County stats, as U can be too. http://ballotpedia.org/Greeley-Evans...lections_(2013)
Weld County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
Hmmm, Weld County only has half the number of veterans per capita as the rest of the state.

Guess Weld isn't very patriotic. Time to kick those traitorous bastards out of the Union and then come in and finish them off. There's some good terrain up there for a mechanized division to roll through.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:03 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default Lol

Jeffrey Hare took secession suckers for almost $10,000 – WideStreets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado