Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:50 AM

11,810 posts, read 34,265,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesalad View Post
(we have asked the doctors, )
What doctors have you asked? Doctors here, there, ER, ENT, Heart?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 11:43 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,362,279 times
When I moved to CO from the east coast - dryness of the skin and nosebleeds were a big problem for me. It took me years to adjust and it was still common for my nose to bleed every winter. It was like - once I got one, I could count on then happeneing daily for a while. You can get your nose blood vessels cauterized - that could be an option for your husband. Humidifiers will become an essential part of your family.
I never lived in Phoenix, but i had a friend in CO who did and they told me that Phoenix was much more humid than CO (front range).
Dryness is probably my #1 complaint about Colorado.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:55 PM

45 posts, read 275,029 times
Maybe you could try coming here for a visit to see how he does? Winter is when I usually notice the dryness the most, so I run a humidifier in my bedroom every night. In July & August we usually start getting afternoon/evening thunderstorms on almost a daily basis. After one of these it is always feels very humid here to me, but I'm probably one of the few who doesn't like the humidity. It causes to many problems with my asthma & allergies.

Kelly

Old 03-16-2008, 07:42 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,341,268 times
I have dry nose problems here in Ohio, but i've spent extended periods in colorado and noticed no difference at all.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:06 AM

237 posts, read 1,078,468 times
I also had terrible nose bleeds as a child, so bad that I was brought to the ER twice because of significant blood loss. My body has taken its slow sweet time in adjusting to the dry climate, but it's been worth it! My nose would bleed every day when I first got here, though it'd never last more than 5 minutes. It's disappeared now, though. I agree with Mike from back east - millions live here. If it were that terrible for everyone, why would so many choose to be here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: