U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 06:47 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,199,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
. Is it realistic to hate on an entire city for one organization that decided to locate there?
I would sincerely hope not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 05:48 PM

4,700 posts, read 4,339,330 times
Quote:
That took quite a while to get to your actual reason. You make it sound like there was something wrong with my having a different point of view. Let's agree to be respectful
Are you replying to me or someone else?

You hadn't even posted in this thread when I wrote: Actually, anywhere on the Front Range EXCEPT Colorado Springs.

How did the above come to be aimed at you and your point of view?

You never even crossed my mind until you posted: Such bashing on CS. Is it not pot friendly? [etc., etc.] ~snip~ I would've said anywhere along the front range may be perfectly fine for this gentleman.

Advising a person to go anywhere on the Front Range except the Springs is not bashing it. Maybe I dissed it some, but CS is a big city now, it's probably already over it.

Quote:
Is it realistic to hate on an entire city for one organization that decided to locate there?
Again, did you mean ME? Colorado Springs and I go waaaay back. We have been in an off/on relationship for 56 years. We have complicated feelings for one another that can't be easily explained to an outsider, and FoTF is merely a fling that the Springs is currently having. They really don't have much in common, and I'm sure they'll tire of one another eventually.

Meanwhile, write whatever you want about my hometown. If you're wrong about something, I'll let you know with the deepest of respect. How's that?

Old 06-25-2013, 06:23 AM

13 posts, read 12,188 times
Thanks to everyone for your replies, and excuse me not checking the post for a few days. I do appreciate all the comments and of course the winner will not be divulged to avoid showing favoritism.

I just have one Q... FOTF? really I bet I can look that up on google, but thanks for mentioning it.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't mind them at all if they would avoid hate mongering

I don't mind people smoking pot if they avoid contributing to the drug trade and don't drive when they are high.

As far as I'm concerned they are all free to do as they please, so long as they are not infringing on the rights of others. Those three activities, hate mongering, contributing to the drug trade (which is ran by heavily organized para military gangs in other countries and involves numerous murders), and driving when high (risking the life of other drivers, though not near as much as drunk driving) all involve infringing on the rights of another person to not be harassed or killed.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Now if only we can convince the politicians and the horrible horrible gunmens to recognize Human Rights ... unfortunately the general rating of USA on Human Rights is very poor and seems to be a general trend to resist de-toxification for personal gain.

i really couldn't have explained it any more simply and directly than lurtsman though...

Old 06-26-2013, 09:32 AM

Question OK Front Range it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
If your costs will allow... consider Boulder,

Nederland if you can do small mtn town.

Woodland Park, Manitou Springs would be worth a look.

Ft Collins if you need more services.

Pueblo would not be in my top 100 Colorado towns, but YMMV
Zeroing in on the Front Range. Now I am deciding to actually make a trip and visit for a week. What is the smartest way to do this? The Plan is to see some of all the Front Range area and perhaps rent a room or something for a short time.?? I'm looking through rentals for Denver and etc...(When I was young 15-18 I hitchhiked across the US three times so yeah I understand the way to go is the sleeping on the couch routine)

Anyone care to comment further on where exactly a old geezer traveller might be able to slick on in to Colorado and accomplish the goal?

Old 06-26-2013, 10:59 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,033,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromedan View Post
Zeroing in on the Front Range. Now I am deciding to actually make a trip and visit for a week. What is the smartest way to do this? The Plan is to see some of all the Front Range area and perhaps rent a room or something for a short time.?? I'm looking through rentals for Denver and etc...(When I was young 15-18 I hitchhiked across the US three times so yeah I understand the way to go is the sleeping on the couch routine)

Anyone care to comment further on where exactly a old geezer traveller might be able to slick on in to Colorado and accomplish the goal?
There is a contributor on CD by the name of StealthRabbit, he uses a private guest house service when he travels and says it's $10 a night, seems like a honest and genuine guy in his posts, you may want to send him a DM to get the name of the service. You can also try Airbnb or VRBO. Hope you find a place to call home in Colorado.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:16 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,409 posts, read 39,766,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromedan View Post
Zeroing in on the Front Range. Now I am deciding to actually make a trip and visit for a week. What is the smartest way to do this?
... a old geezer traveller might be able to slick on in to Colorado and accomplish the goal?
Old geezers are EZ.. via hospitality guest homes as there are several international networks for those over age 40.
some are here (but not the ones I have used for over 25 yrs, non-age restricted) with some creative Googling you can come up with several more.

Hospitality service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Couchsurfing and AirB&B have worked well for my adult kids. I don't see CasaCasa on web anymore.
You can check into some IC's Intentional Communities - ecovillages, communes, cohousing, coops

Not knowing where you are coming from... I usually drop into DIA ($89 from west coast via SWA on sale dates) early enough to get a bus to town, and have a $10 - $12 / day rental car booked at an 'off-airport' site. (Hotwire or Priceline).

I get rides all the time on CL.

Sorry your thread had to turn into a bash... so sad for Colorado, and amoung the reasons I can't return to live in my childhood 'home' after a 30 yr exile. Everyone wants their RIGHTS, and they are bound and determined to be RIGHT (in their own eyes). Some forums are so polarized that one cannot even have a rational discussion (from what one considers 'free thinkers'). Oregon would be amoungst those that if you offer an opinion contrary to 'group think', you are hosed. Colorado is following that pattern. (rapidly). Good luck in your quest. I do volunteering for transitioning seniors and hospice, so am familiar with the 'finish line'... It is often a whole lot ez'r than the battles to get there.

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 06-26-2013 at 12:25 PM..

Old 06-26-2013, 12:17 PM

254 posts, read 428,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
There is a contributor on CD by the name of StealthRabbit, he uses a private guest house service when he travels and says it's $10 a night, seems like a honest and genuine guy in his posts, you may want to send him a DM to get the name of the service. You can also try Airbnb or VRBO. Hope you find a place to call home in Colorado.

I think SR is a she... Most men don't use 10 emoticons per message. Here's one

Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,033,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainK View Post
I think SR is a she... Most men don't use 10 emoticons per message. Here's one
Could very well be. Stealth, if you're a gal not a guy my apologies, your info is useful no matter what gender you are.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Old geezers are EZ.. via hospitality guest homes as there are several international networks for those over age 40.
some are here (but not the ones I have used for over 25 yrs, non-age restricted) with some creative Googling you can come up with several more.

Hospitality service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Couchsurfing and AirB&B have worked well for my adult kids. I don't see CasaCasa on web anymore.
You can check into some IC's Intentional Communities - ecovillages, communes, cohousing, coops

Not knowing where you are coming from... I usually drop into DIA ($89 from west coast via SWA on sale dates) early enough to get a bus to town, and have a $10 - $12 / day rental car booked at an 'off-airport' site. (Hotwire or Priceline).

I get rides all the time on CL.

Sorry your thread had to turn into a bash... so sad for Colorado, and amoung the reasons I can't return to live in my childhood 'home' after a 30 yr exile. Everyone wants their RIGHTS, and they are bound and determined to be RIGHT (in their own eyes). Some forums are so polarized that one cannot even have a rational discussion (from what one considers 'free thinkers'). Oregon would be amoungst those that if you offer an opinion contrary to 'group think', you are hosed. Colorado is following that pattern. (rapidly). Good luck in your quest. I do volunteering for transitioning seniors and hospice, so am familiar with the 'finish line'... It is often a whole lot ez'r than the battles to get there.
You all have been very helpful. Thanks for taking time to comment.

I didn't think it really turned into a "bash" ... just interesting byplay that actually helped in the long run, I think. No sense of viciousness or evil intent was detected. (beep-beep says the V&EI Detector)

I am kind of a philosopher, so I have no prob listening to real thinking, but hate-mongering is more like a symptom of mental disease than it is real thinking. Hopefully things won't get so bad that people get hosed for thinking, but people do tend to repeat patterns of behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or