Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 07:46 AM

5 posts, read 6,716 times

Advertisements

Great Day! I am a healthy, happy Horticulturist relocating in Oct 2013 to the Denver/Boulder area. I am asking for advise for work and a nice place to live. I desire rural living for rent. I am skilled in many areas such as herbalist, animal care, Reki Master and property management to name a few. Is there any advise where to begin my search. I am very open to what area and very skilled in all I do. I appreciate any suggestions for location and work. Oh, yes I have a beautiful dog and two cats in my family!
Namaste,
Breze
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 10:10 AM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Default Need more info

Where are coming from?
How much do you want to spend on rent?
What breed of dog?

Old 06-19-2013, 10:25 AM

I am coming from Missouri and my dog is a sweet rescue, he is part Border Collie/ Australian Healer. Very social and kind. He has had training for herding sheep and ducks or should I say I have been trained, he knew what he was doing it is in the commands. As far as rent .....as little as possible or according to my income once established. I would like to be as self sufficient as possible and a small secluded cabin is my desire. I am very good at fixing and remodeling and I have spent most of my life on a working farm when not in school or working in the city. I am a mature female with much to offer.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:03 AM

129 posts, read 250,151 times
For something like that, employment is most likely going to determine the location, rather than the other way around. Its not easy to come by in those parts of CO.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:36 PM

Default that is the plan

I do realize I need employment before a place to rent but I do need to look for both at the same time I have created work in the place I live. I have some time......Oct. of 2013 is the time frame. I was looking for advice for where to look for work and a place to live.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:42 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,669,721 times
Breze, you said that you are looking for rural living for rent, while looking for work in the Denver/Boulder area. Rural living such as you describe within commuting distance to work in either Denver or Boulder is going to be pretty hard to find. Cheap, secluded cabins are the dream of many people, and those same people are competing for work to support this dream. You may be able to find something in Nederland or Ward, but you'll be facing a long drive every day to get to work. Do you really want to do this in the winter?

There are a lot of places further away from Denver/Boulder that have secluded, cheap cabins, but you will have a much harder time finding work. I always recommend Buena Vista and Salida because that's where I spend part of my time. The local paper has a lot of help wanted ads. If you go far enough away from the town limits, you can probably find your secluded, cheap cabin. But then, again, you'll be dealing with a long commute in the winter.

I can see that you are very sincere, but I think that it's going to be difficult for us to give you guidance on finding work with your qualifications. Starting in Denver and Boulder is a good place because that's where there's going to be more work available. I suggest that you look at classified ads or Craigs List or wherever else people advertise jobs these days so that you can get a feel for the kind of job openings.

Namaste

Old 06-19-2013, 07:15 PM

Thank you for your kind words and great information. I guess I should be a little more clear and say I do not intend to work in Denver or Boulder. I would consider working in a small resort town. I can work for myself very effectively I just need part time work to keep things going on a regular basis. Healing work and animal training and healing along with my herbal products are my passions and soon will sustain me fully. I am a certified Horticulturist and do a great deal of design work also in the plant field. I have a lot of work experience along with resorts. It is difficult to begin to choose an area not knowing where to look.
I have only just begun.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:43 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,669,721 times
Sorry, but the title of your original post said "I intend to relocate to the Denver/Boulder Area", so that's why I thought you were concentrating on that part of Colorado.

I think that you really need to spend some time looking at the economic climate in Colorado. There have been some very good threads about this on this forum.

Your latest post mentioned "resort towns". Any resort town in Colorado is going to be prohibitively expensive. People commute from many, many miles away to work both summer and winter in the resort areas in Colorado. There just isn't enough affordable housing for the seasonal workers.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:31 AM

30 posts, read 120,169 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREZE View Post
Great Day! I am a healthy, happy Horticulturist relocating in Oct 2013 to the Denver/Boulder area. I am asking for advise for work and a nice place to live. I desire rural living for rent. I am skilled in many areas such as herbalist, animal care, Reki Master and property management to name a few. Is there any advise where to begin my search. I am very open to what area and very skilled in all I do. I appreciate any suggestions for location and work. Oh, yes I have a beautiful dog and two cats in my family!
Namaste,
Breze
Cool, great to have new people in Denver. There are several areas that might interest you that are more rural. Obviously the more rural areas are going to be on the fringe of the suburbs. One really neat place is Morrison. It is still a small town inside a big city. There is great shopping nearby in Littleton. It is only a few minute from Red Rocks and some world famous musicians come to visit there. It's also only twenty minutes from downtown. Mount Falcon is nearby with great hiking that starts at 5,800 feet and ends at 7,800 feet.

Perhaps a better area for spirituality and openness with a small town feel to it is Boulder, although it's expensive to live there. Boulder is about thirty minutes west of downtown Denver. It is probably the liberal center of the Rocky Mountain West. There are many philosophical ideas that float around and many spiritual type people.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:23 AM

Thank you! This is exactly the type of information I was hoping to receive. This is a beginning and I appreciate you and your time. One question though, I hear over and over...it is expensive to live there..... doesn't the earned income reflect the same living expense? Or are there below poverty level jobs and pay? Also isn't is all in a mind set? So be it? Quality work will call for quality pay. This is my intent. My skills are of a level I will have no problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado