U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2014, 08:11 PM

1,716 posts, read 1,579,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Top five best and worst towns to do what in? Drink foo foo frapacrapachino drinks and dream about unicorns and skittle-farts? Or to work, raise families and enjoy affordable leisure time between vacations?
The latter, work, raise families and enjoy affordable leisure time between vacations. What else would it be? If you are looking for unicorns you would have to head to California.

But seriously, just because you can't afford it doesn't mean others cant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
[b]

How on earth did Cortez end up scraping the bottom of the barrel with places like Fort Collins and Aurora? Just wondering.
Least favorite towns. I happen to not like Cortez and consider it pretty much God forsaken land. Aurora just because its a ghetto, too much diversity for my tastes. And Fort Collins has been pretty much covered by others, and I agree with all their points; it's a special kind of Hell.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 03:53 AM

4,794 posts, read 4,896,352 times
It's interesting to read through this entire thread.

Two themes: One, people prefer living among those who share their political views. That's the theme of The Big Sort The Big Sort: Why the Clustering of Like-Minded America is Tearing Us Apart: Bill Bishop: 9780547237725: Amazon.com: Books

Two, People are attracted to Colorado's beautiful scenery. We have an abundance of that.

As for me, I love the beautiful scenery we have in Colorado Springs, but I wish we could all work together much better to improve the place for everybody.

Political extremism is tearing us apart.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:06 PM

7,169 posts, read 6,444,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
The latter, work, raise families and enjoy affordable leisure time between vacations. What else would it be? If you are looking for unicorns you would have to head to California.

Least favorite towns. I happen to not like Cortez and consider it pretty much God forsaken land. Aurora just because its a ghetto, too much diversity for my tastes. And Fort Collins has been pretty much covered by others, and I agree with all their points; it's a special kind of Hell.
you wouldn't be happy anywhere you make your own hell.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 08-09-2014 at 09:41 PM..

Old 08-10-2014, 02:24 PM

1,246 posts, read 919,200 times
Least Favorite Cities-Greeley: Obvious Reasons, Aurora: Same, Commerce City: Industrial, Boulder: The people

Most Favorite- Frisco: Location, Green, Climate, Evergreen: Same, Boulder: Uniqueness about it, food, location, scenic.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:22 PM

14,499 posts, read 22,341,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
That may be true but so is this...

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:47 PM

77 posts, read 70,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blendin View Post
I can't decide which I dislike worse.

Greeley- Smells like death, manure, stench, surrounded by wasteland polluted by oil wells. The attitude of the majority is sad, the war on drugs is alive and well, whatever hateful vile propaganda is in the media gets absorbed, worshiped and regurgitated by most of the Greeley population that speaks English. The rest of the illegal immigrant population just lives in rundown single wide trailers and saves money from slaughtering animals all day until they have enough to buy something back in Mexico.

Craig- A desolate meth head town in the high desert. Poverty, meth, welfare moms, white trash wanna be biker/cowboys. Where life is a slow rotting angry meth fueled existence.

Blendin, you sound like you'd make a good gonzo journalist, as in Hunter S. Thompson.

I just read all eight pages of this thread and was impressed with the degree people identify and rate towns and cities according to how conservative or liberal the town and the people they came into contact with are considered to be.

I have been all over the USA and now have settled at 70 in the mountains of SE CO. I am away from the enclaves, but also away from the economies that do add a certain excitement at 70 and might be considered a must for working, non retired, family raising, Americans.

This has inspired me to look deeply into this whole matter of judging the cultural environment and understanding what makes people feel comfortable. Personally, I don't think most community leaders give this aspect a second thought, even though by the looks of this thread, it is highly important.

OK, if you must. Favorite: Carbondale Least to my tastes: Aurora

Old 08-26-2014, 04:12 PM

2,483 posts, read 3,518,955 times
Honestly, there aren't any cities in CO that I really dislike because I lived in places like LA and NoVa and there is no comparison to me. But I guess there are some seemingly-sterile communities outside of Denver where I drive through and think 'why?' but I don't live there so not really in a position to judge. Also it seems like life would be harder in some ways living in a very small town way on out on the eastern plains, but that doesn't make me not like those places. Just not choose one for myself. I wouldn't choose Denver or COS either but that doesn't mean I don't like either of those places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado