U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 06:46 PM

529 posts, read 1,249,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Fountain, La Junta pretty much anything in SE CO looks like well.............Sterling is another real winner!
I agree, neither northeastern or southeastern Colorado are very interesting, but I must say that southeastern Colorado is more interesting than northeastern.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 10:39 PM

14,499 posts, read 22,341,939 times
Quote:
Can I make a sincere suggestion since you seem pretty involved in that community. WTH doesn't Pueblo level those gross disgusting homes you see on the right as you drive south on I25 by the steel plant? Damn that looks ghetto.
Those homes were put up for folks who worked at the mill. Do you know what a Bessemer is? Why don't you google that and learn something about history?

Ghetto or not, it's a part of Pueblo that will probably be here for many more years. Pueblo wasn't erected to look pretty or pleasing to the passers-by driving up and down I-25.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:59 PM

10,063 posts, read 13,948,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Those homes were put up for folks who worked at the mill. Do you know what a Bessemer is? Why don't you google that and learn something about history?

Ghetto or not, it's a part of Pueblo that will probably be here for many more years. Pueblo wasn't erected to look pretty or pleasing to the passers-by driving up and down I-25.
Your assuming I don't know history and that's fine people in Pueblo should stop complaining when people look down on their city real simple.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:06 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,008,600 times
Quote:
Your assuming I don't know history and that's fine people in Pueblo should stop complaining when people look down on their city real simple.
Have to fully agree with you bro, and I know Colorado history from roots, experience, just don't go shooting my mouth off every week about it. Pueblo is pretty ugly aesthetically..period

Old 06-28-2013, 01:21 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
This is actually one of the funnier misconceptions about Pueblo. Pueblo is more of a live and let live town and I have never had a issue or been in a fight here.
Maybe you have superior negotiating skills...

Old 06-28-2013, 04:04 AM

9 posts, read 20,344 times
Boulder is a nice place although I have never lived there , it is surrounded by many small towns on the eastern side of the rocks. It's a beautiful place to stay.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:26 AM

10,627 posts, read 11,021,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
My least favorite place in Colorado is anywhere east of Holly, south of Trinidad, north of Peetz, and anything west of Fruita.

Do you catch what I'm throwing down?

I love Colorado and that's why I live here. Wherever I go in Colorado is the place to be because for one, I'm so cool, but also because Colorado is so unlike the other places on the planet and so diverse within itself that you should be able to find some place you like.

Now I live in Pueblo West and enjoy where I live. I also respect other's enjoyment out of this state.

I live in Pueblo West and make the most of it. The traffic out here is not too bad, the stars are pretty ay night, it's close to a lot of my family etc.

I'm glad that Denver is right where it is and that CoSprings is right where it's at and that the mountains are right where they're at and that the prairies out east are there.

I love just about everything about America in fact.

God Bless America.
Now this is a post I can agree with. There isn't really a town in Colorado I dislike. Trinidad, maybe, but that's because I lived there when I went to high school and don't have a lot of good memories of the little town. But even as I may dislike the town itself, its setting is close to ideal, with some really magnificent country just west. As a whole I think Colorado is an awesome state. Denver is a great city, and there are a bunch of small towns that are super cool. If I had the opportunity to move back I'd probably jump on it.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:41 AM

78 posts, read 163,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Least favorite - Craig but only because I spent my middle and high school years trying to get the hell out of there. Dry, dusty, and desolate describe it to a tee.

Most favorite - Grand Junction. Love the river, the bookcliffs, and Colorado National Monument.
I love Grand Junction too! I'm starting at Colorado Mesa University this August, Can't wait!

Old 06-28-2013, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
This is actually one of the funnier misconceptions about Pueblo. Pueblo is more of a live and let live town and I have never had a issue or been in a fight here.
Parts af Pueblo are ghetto, i've been there more times than i can count. i've seen the nice newer houses too but i just get the weirdest vibe from that place

Old 06-28-2013, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Now this is a post I can agree with. There isn't really a town in Colorado I dislike. Trinidad, maybe, but that's because I lived there when I went to high school and don't have a lot of good memories of the little town. But even as I may dislike the town itself, its setting is close to ideal, with some really magnificent country just west. As a whole I think Colorado is an awesome state. Denver is a great city, and there are a bunch of small towns that are super cool. If I had the opportunity to move back I'd probably jump on it.
I too went to high school in Trinidad, but for less than a year when my parents got divorced and my dad moved down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado