U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2014, 10:02 PM

5 posts, read 8,869 times

Advertisements

FUnny, I thought the elitist attitude in Ft Collins was just coming from my 7 generations of family who think they own the town...it's nice to hear someone else is uncomfortable (when single) there also.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 10:17 PM

5 posts, read 8,869 times
Least favorite is La Junta, a throw back from the 1950's in which single women doing anything alone are criminally suspect (yes, includes spending time in your own backyard after 7pm at night, going for walks, having any intellectual interests). And there is zero night life of any sort so you sit couped up in your 103 degree house from 7 - midnight. I went out once to the open swim during February at 7:30 pm and my neighbor was all in a nosey huff about what I could possibly be doing! Did I mention all the pesticides sprayed in the Arkansas Valley-no one forewarns that you may get doused with a lifetime of inhalants.
Most favorite, Boulder simply because it is pedestrian, has organic food, and is single and intellect tolerant..jobs are very difficult to land though, especially for the middle-aged..and if you purchased even 10-25 years ago, cost of living is very reasonable. It's not a perfect town, not many are.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:10 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,215,035 times
My favorite is Denver, followed by Boulder. I love to be in the middle of things, people everywhere, liberal, and mostly pedestrian friendly (for Colorado anyway)

Least favorit city is the Springs, for all the reasons others have mentioned. I love the beauty of looking right at Pikes Peak, but it's not urban enough and the extreme religious organizations give me the creeps

Old 08-07-2014, 01:01 PM

1,246 posts, read 919,200 times
^I get the same creepy feeling in Boulder. PPL in their mid 40's, dreds, holding hands in a drum circle dancing.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:57 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,355,378 times
It's more about specific regions/areas then specific towns/cities for me. My least favorite are the Denver suburbs, the northeastern plains, and the close-in "mountain suburbs" off of I-70. I like most of the rest of the state (but haven't explored the far southeast).

Old 08-07-2014, 02:35 PM

100 posts, read 162,952 times
I can't decide which I dislike worse.

Greeley- Smells like death, manure, stench, surrounded by wasteland polluted by oil wells. The attitude of the majority is sad, the war on drugs is alive and well, whatever hateful vile propaganda is in the media gets absorbed, worshiped and regurgitated by most of the Greeley population that speaks English. The rest of the illegal immigrant population just lives in rundown single wide trailers and saves money from slaughtering animals all day until they have enough to buy something back in Mexico.

Craig- A desolate meth head town in the high desert. Poverty, meth, welfare moms, white trash wanna be biker/cowboys. Where life is a slow rotting angry meth fueled existence.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:07 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,215,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
^I get the same creepy feeling in Boulder. PPL in their mid 40's, dreds, holding hands in a drum circle dancing.
Yeah, but they're nice to us gays I'll take eccentric over religious zealots any day.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:30 PM

3,103 posts, read 2,834,627 times
Morrison, the tiny town of speeding tickets! Why are they *always* on the 285 near turkey creek canyon? It has ZERO to do with the town of Morrison. Serve and protect my a$$. It's a money making racket, no different than organized crime IMO.

Why does a town of 433 people need SIX full time police officers? Why does a town of 433 bring in almost a million dollars annually in traffic fines?

Quote:
MORRISON, Colo. (CBS4) – Morrison, the tiny town at the foot of Red Rocks, has significantly beefed up its police department in recent years, going from one full-time officer to six full-time officers, leading to a dramatic upswing in the number of tickets written by its police department.
Morrison Residents Say Town Has Turned Into A Speed Trap CBS Denver

Old 08-07-2014, 04:01 PM

13,227 posts, read 24,316,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Morrison, the tiny town of speeding tickets! Why are they *always* on the 285 near turkey creek canyon? It has ZERO to do with the town of Morrison. Serve and protect my a$$. It's a money making racket, no different than organized crime IMO.

Why does a town of 433 people need SIX full time police officers? Why does a town of 433 bring in almost a million dollars annually in traffic fines?

Morrison Residents Say Town Has Turned Into A Speed Trap CBS Denver
I have you beat.

I got a ticket in Lakeside, population: 8.

Lakeside has 18 cops.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:27 PM

100 posts, read 162,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
I forgot about Morrison. I hate that town.. It is just a gaint speed trap with a bunch of corrupt thug cops. I never have stopped and spent money and never will until they clean up their act.

They also roam out onto c-470 and collect money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado