Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 04:53 AM

78 posts, read 197,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM64 View Post
Boulder is my least favorite, I hate the immature spoiled college crowds, I hate the arrogant and uneducated people, and I hate how extreme left wing and liberal the city is. Also the cost of living there is ridiculous!

My favorite would have to be Glenwood Springs, I love the Canyon, the rivers, and the view of Mount Sopris. Also the city itself is very friendly and easy to get around, and despite it's small size it has everything you need right there!
I'm going to have to disagree with you on Boulder. I'm a big fan of CU and love that the city is so liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I live in Pueblo and it is by far my favorite city. I have many reasons but I will list some:

I like the climate.

I like how we constantly try to improve our city by investing. The latest is the Riverwalk/ Memorial Hall/ Convention Center/ arena. Not to meantion other urban renewal projects.

I love the university and football team.

All the fairs and festivals including the Colorado State Fair. Pueblo is a event driven town.

The fact we are the shopping, restaurant, economic and political hub of a 20 county region.

The history and diversity the city has.

The fact that despite its size it is very gay friendly.

In my opinion the reasons i listed makes the city very Cosmopolitan despite its size. Something that was noted on a PBS story on Pueblo.

I could list a lot more but I think everyone gets the point.

My least favorite city in the state? Drumroll please! Colorado Springs......

I would have to say one of the big reasons is Pueblo and Colorado Springs do not get along. Some other reasons include:

How far Christian right the city is.

It's politics and how they don't want to invest in their community to make it better.

The downtown. Very small for a city of its size.

The suburban sprawl. I know every city has it but they go to the extreme.

Their attitude towards helping other people or cities when in need yet being the first one to take help from cities like Pueblo when they need it with out a second thought.

The SDS and lack of following through on their promise to make the Fountain River better.
I disagree with you on Pueblo but Agree on Colorado Springs. If you want to see a real river walk, go to San Antonio. And i personally can't stand CSU-Pueblo. It's too small for my taste and all the people that went to school down there from my High School were some pretty weird people and a couple cowboy-ish people so i guess that kind of distorted my view on the school a little. Oh yeah and CU>CSU

Old 06-28-2013, 05:49 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,959 times
The conservative element in Colorado Springs is part of what attracts me to the city.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:11 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestecon View Post
I am from Colorado Springs but don't live in Colorado currently. I have lived in the Denver area also.

I would say my least favorite city in the state is Fort Collins. Although I don't like Thornton and Lakewood personally but with those two cities Denver is close.

I know it is probably just my personal experience and it is perfect for some people. But I just found Fort Collins to be an extremely arrogant community and has a very conformist mindset amongst it's population.

I know the three times I have visited Fort Collins CSU was out of session but I felt like I was literally the only unmarried person over 22 there. I know that is not the case, but it did not seem like a city where some one would go out to the bars, restaurants or coffee houses without their significant other.

Fort Collins also is an extremely expensive place to rent and is nearly as expensive as Boulder on rental prices. The city itself is one of the safest city in the country but I found the north-side of Fort Collins to be in rough shape visually to say the least.

I think Fort Collins is probably a perfect fit for some as quite a few people seem to love it. But I personally just don't like care for the city.
Living in Fort Collins for the last several years, and being a Colorado native that has lived in several locations throughout the state, I agree with you. TO add to what you say about Fort Collins, the job market is terrible. You have $100K a year IT type jobs, commission only jobs, and $20K a year jobs with very little in between, not a great recipe for a middle class in the area. Making fort Collins a very have and have not town.

My favorite city in Colorado is actually Arvada especially the west end of town, they have a nice old town area, they are close to the mountains so you can be up in the hills quickly, they are in the metro area so jobs are easier to find, and you are 15-20 minutes away from downtown Denver and all that it offers.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:18 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado 303 View Post
I disagree with you on Pueblo but Agree on Colorado Springs. If you want to see a real river walk, go to San Antonio. And i personally can't stand CSU-Pueblo. It's too small for my taste and all the people that went to school down there from my High School were some pretty weird people and a couple cowboy-ish people so i guess that kind of distorted my view on the school a little. Oh yeah and CU>CSU
I would not mind visiting San Antonio simply because their Riverwalk was the inspiration for ours. One thing to keep in mind about Pueblo's is its not even half done. The master plan has it going under the interstate past the baseball statidum to the lake. No other downtown in Colorado has anything like that making Pueblo's unique and should help the city grow. Also next year will see construction start from the grant we got from the state that will add on to the convention center and build a arena. This will be a nice addition and help Pueblo attract more visitors.

CSU Pueblo is a tier 2 university thus not intended to compete directly with CSU Fort Colllons or CU Boulder. It for students who want to attend college but either can't afford or get into those schools. It, also, takes advantage of the southwest style of Pueblo. I have talked to the professors there and the long range goal of the university is to have 15,000 to 20,000 students with research and a dominate football program in D2. In fact Pueblo gets behind the university a lot and that is why they even got back football as most everything was paid for by donations. Not many schools can claim that kind of support, even in D1. So everything considered I think CSU Pueblo is going to fit a much needed nitch in the state.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:26 PM

529 posts, read 1,547,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado 303 View Post
I'm going to have to disagree with you on Boulder. I'm a big fan of CU and love that the city is so liberal.
That's fine, this thread is just for people to say which cities they prefer and don't prefer. I disagree with your view of Colorado Springs because I like the mostly right wing attitude, and I like the city trying to keep its small city feel while having everything a big city has. Plus its BEAUTIFUL with Pikes peak and Garden of the Gods.

People need to stop getting offended by a persons opinion because that's all it is, AN OPINION!

Old 06-28-2013, 01:30 PM

529 posts, read 1,547,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
The conservative element in Colorado Springs is part of what attracts me to the city.
I agree, no one in Colorado Springs is trying to impress or be better than someone from another city, and no one cares about the "Hollywood Mentality" that you find in other big cities, and that's what I like about it. There are tons of educated people, and tons of jobs in the technology, military, and space systems industries as well. I think its a great city!

Old 06-28-2013, 02:59 PM

136 posts, read 460,865 times
Least Favorite: Greeley. Stinks, isolated, has a constant culture war between conservative farmers and poor migrant workers, backwards conservative Weld county politics, very little support and cooperation between the University and the city council/residents, higher crime for a small city.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:27 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,271,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post

My least favorite city in the state? Drumroll please! Colorado Springs......

I would have to say one of the big reasons is Pueblo and Colorado Springs do not get along. Some other reasons include:

How far Christian right the city is.

It's politics and how they don't want to invest in their community to make it better.

The downtown. Very small for a city of its size.

The suburban sprawl. I know every city has it but they go to the extreme.

Their attitude towards helping other people or cities when in need yet being the first one to take help from cities like Pueblo when they need it with out a second thought.

The SDS and lack of following through on their promise to make the Fountain River better.
This sounds like bias Pueblo BS.

I've supported your ideas in the past but I disagree with the notion of the bolded text. I don't like much of the conservatism in Colorado Springs either but taking help from cities like Pueblo???? What are you talking about?

2000th post!!!

Old 06-28-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM64 View Post
That's fine, this thread is just for people to say which cities they prefer and don't prefer. I disagree with your view of Colorado Springs because I like the mostly right wing attitude, and I like the city trying to keep its small city feel while having everything a big city has. Plus its BEAUTIFUL with Pikes peak and Garden of the Gods.

People need to stop getting offended by a persons opinion because that's all it is, AN OPINION!
I didn't get offended, i was just telling you my opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado