Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 08:59 AM

1,710 posts, read 1,462,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yeah, but they're nice to us gays I'll take eccentric over religious zealots any day.
Super judgmental people suck, but right on Pearl, big tent, probably 30-40 old hippies dancing around to some crappy music, kind of a joke. And yes those far out ones can be just as judgmental as the ultra religious. I had a lady try to lecture me on what I bought at Home Depot in Boulder once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 10:15 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Super judgmental people suck, but right on Pearl, big tent, probably 30-40 old hippies dancing around to some crappy music, kind of a joke. And yes those far out ones can be just as judgmental as the ultra religious. I had a lady try to lecture me on what I bought at Home Depot in Boulder once.
I'm sure they can be. People on the fringe, left or right, can be a PITA! But when you're a gay couple with kids, then nuts on the far left are much more managable than the nuts on the far right lol!

Old 08-08-2014, 10:35 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,935 times
Easy, Top five worst towns in no particular order: Fort Collins, Pueblo, Cortez, Grand Junction and Aurora.

While you didn't ask, top five best in no particular order: Steamboat, Durango, Boulder, Crested Butte, Telluride

Old 08-08-2014, 10:41 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
^I get the same creepy feeling in Boulder. PPL in their mid 40's, dreds, holding hands in a drum circle dancing.
I'd pay a premium for that experience. <3 Boulder!

Old 08-08-2014, 10:53 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
Easy, Top five worst towns in no particular order: Fort Collins, Pueblo, Cortez, Grand Junction and Aurora.

While you didn't ask, top five best in no particular order: Steamboat, Durango, Boulder, Crested Butte, Telluride
Top five best and worst towns to do what in? Drink foo foo frapacrapachino drinks and dream about unicorns and skittle-farts? Or to work, raise families and enjoy affordable leisure time between vacations?

Old 08-08-2014, 12:33 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,934,737 times
Quote:
Easy, Top five worst towns in no particular order: Fort Collins, Pueblo, Cortez
Quote:
, Grand Junction and Aurora.

How on earth did Cortez end up scraping the bottom of the barrel with places like Fort Collins and Aurora? Just wondering.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:47 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Reminder: The title of this thread includes the word WHY, so please tell us WHY when you name a city or town.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:54 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,999,886 times
Probably Aspen. I love the scenery and some of the surrounding features (Maroon Bells, Conundrum, Independence Pass, etc..) but that town is just so out of touch with reality and fake.

As far as "drive through towns" I'd have to say Monte Vista, Walsenburg, and maybe Delta

Old 08-08-2014, 01:17 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,934,737 times
Uravan is my least favorite city in Colorado because it no longer exists. Why they still put it on all the road maps is beyond me. Uravan WAS a company town dedicated to uranium mining. There are toxic settling ponds, uranium tailings and evidence of environmental degredation all around the area of what was once Uravan. Now all you see is a paved over flat spot to the side of Highway 141 and a big fence surrounding it stating "No trespassing." Spooky and wierd if you ask me. My favorite town would be a toss-up between Rico and Dolores. Rico is higher up in the mountains, on the Dolores River, has a funky but cool bar/Mexican restaurant with yummy meals, an older neighborhood of homes that climb right up the slope of the mountains on the east side of town (great views from many), and last time I checked, it still had its own quaint telephone company. It also has not gone resort town glitz - so far. Dolores is lower elevation, but it's the gateway to the western San Juans, the Dolores River goes right through town with many walking trails and town parks that feature the river; it's a nice blend of hip and old time Colorado and has an amazing public library for such a small place and the people of Dolores are very friendly.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:57 PM

304 posts, read 344,037 times
Uravan is an interesting story, when Union Carbide started mining there was an agreement in place that once they were done, the area had to be returned to its original state. Uravan was once a town of 2,000 people, had tree lined streets, a main street. The post office closed in 1984 I believe, essentially ending it's existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado