Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 03:25 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times

Advertisements

People and what they do are a part of nature not seperate from it. So it's natural that some people kill beasts and just as natural that other people don't. Neither has any moral high ground because there is no moral high ground here; morality being how humans relate to each other or their gods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 03:43 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,799 times
Unless you have a tag I think you might get a hefty fine or jail for killing one of our "beasts".
Better check with CO Parks and Wildlife:
https://wildlife.state.co.us/HUNTING...s/BigGame.aspx

Old 07-02-2013, 07:37 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
My approach is this, I have several perimeters around the house. Front and back yard has a fence that extends out about 30-40 feet. Anything in the house or inside the fence gets plugged with lead poisoning or whatever it takes. Outside the fence is mowed in different spots(it's a weird shaped property with plenty of trees/forest) and that is fair space for anything non threatening. The rest is woods and open area and I pretty much leave that alone.

I think we do enough to respect animals and other growing things. Most of Colorado is empty and doesn't have the foot print of man on it.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:16 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,799 times
Here's a good example from Boulder - idiots.

Last edited by proveick; 07-03-2013 at 02:49 PM..

Old 07-04-2013, 08:08 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrytxeast View Post
Exactly. To me, we as humans come first, the planet is OURS to do with as we so please for the most part. Besides, the animals have plenty of natural preserves in the National Forests etc where they can prosper and do so in a much more natural & genuine type of setting as opposed to a zoo. I'm not one particularly big on yielding to the right of way of an animal, as a human being I'm more important.
LRH

I'm just guessing here but I'm going with White, Middle Age, Christian & Republican.

Please stay in Texas!

Texas seceding from the US sounds better all the time.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:35 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,123,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Here's a good example from Boulder - idiots.
Wrong. That is NOT in Boulder. Where do you get your misinformation?
The horrible and cruel act was perpetrated by idiots in Parker:

Parker police are seeking information about how a young buck was shot with an arrow.
Police said numerous calls have come in since June 29 about the distressed deer with an arrow in its back, which has been seen in the Robinson Ranch Subdivision located near Hess and Parker Road.
Parker police seek information about deer with arrow in its back - The Denver Post

Old 07-04-2013, 10:31 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Unless you have a tag I think you might get a hefty fine or jail for killing one of our "beasts".
Better check with CO Parks and Wildlife:
https://wildlife.state.co.us/HUNTING...s/BigGame.aspx
I agree it's wrong to "Kill" prairie rats and stuff... just ask any smelly hippie/tree huggin'/PETA lover, they'll tell you.

I've shot at prairie dogs and missed. But they got the message... filled in their holes packed their bags, and boogied.

Is it illegal to throw rocks at rabbits on your lawn? Serious question. I'd just like to know. The DOW folks told me shoot, shovel, and shut-up. What say you.

Oh thank you again for the thread, OP. And thanks everybody for the many reps I've been getting on this one.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:06 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,113 times
Good neighbors use silencers.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:02 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
Good neighbors use silencers.
That's straight out crap; nothing get's me more angry than people who justify killing animals needlessly just because they think they have the right and can get away with it. Hunting is one thing; urban extermination, machismo killing is another sport, "Sport." PLEASE DON'T MOVE HERE!!

FYI friend, have shot more guns, high powered, velocity ,exotic weapons than you have ever seen or touched. Killing animals needlessly = non Real Man.

To Neditate: I did witness a Boulder PD shoot a White Tail off of 28th and Arapahoe in Boulder during evening rush hour for no good reason; a friend and I followed up on the matter and made sure he lost his badge.

Last edited by Scott5280; 07-05-2013 at 08:29 PM..

Old 07-06-2013, 01:10 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
It's been my experience that most wild animals just pass through my property, none seem to take up residence. I've had few problems and for the most part just leave them alone. While I haven't seen any by my cabin, I would kill a snake (sorry, but I can't stand them). I am presently concerned about a lady up the hill who is feeding a small bear, I need to talk to her again. It looks like I'm going to have to turn her in, I hate that. I chased off a pretty good size bear the other day and darn if it didn't double back on me. I'm pretty sure it was headed over to her cabin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado