U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 05:26 PM

10,071 posts, read 13,977,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Don't forget it will kill you if you drop ~ 500lb on your head.

Then there's the children. Must think of the children. They will die with ~100-200lb dropped on their head.

Babies are even more at risk with as little as ~80lb dropped on their head, causing brain injuries. Yes that's right, marijuana causes brain injuries in infants.

This garbage about it being harmless? That's just what the pot heads want you to believe.

Also let's not forget about the monkeys. Let's think of the monkeys. If you strap on a gas mask to a monkey, cut off it's supply of oxygen and then feed it nothing but THC, the money will get brain damage. This is FACT. Pot heads always like to forget that one.

The Truth About The Monkey Study That Says Marijuana Kills Brain Cells - YouTube
Thanks for sharing the monkey typing made me almost spray my drink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 07:17 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,199,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williardium View Post
If there's one thing my parents taught me to do was to never talk about three things: religion, sex, and politics. Your opinion is like an a**hole; everyone has one, it stinks, and some times it hurts so bad you talk about it, but no one really cares because everyone has their own issues. You're justifying your pedantry with annoyance.
Anytime. I'm glad I could be an annoyance.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:04 PM

16,438 posts, read 19,101,274 times
I firmly believe that all drugs should be de-criminalized, period. That is the only way to end drug problems, gangs, etc. Let those who will destroy themselves with drugs do it, and let the rest of us get on with life without drug wars.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:43 AM

7,764 posts, read 16,851,125 times
Bideshi wrote: and let the rest of us get on with life without drug wars.

Anen to that! What a bunch of wasted taxpayer $$$ for a completely ineffective war. But that's just the way it is living in a war mongering country. Gotta have at least one war going on at all times, and drugs will alwasy be there. So, declaring war on drugs provides a great opportunity for those who profit from this wasteful use of manpower, while the illicit drugs continue to flourish.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:23 PM

3,103 posts, read 2,840,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Thanks for sharing the monkey typing made me almost spray my drink.
Haha you're welcome.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:04 AM

3,111 posts, read 4,889,513 times
Quote:
Don't forget it will kill you if you drop ~ 500lb on your head.

Then there's the children. Must think of the children. They will die with ~100-200lb dropped on their head.

Babies are even more at risk with as little as ~80lb dropped on their head, causing brain injuries. Yes that's right, marijuana causes brain injuries in infants.

This garbage about it being harmless? That's just what the pot heads want you to believe.

Also let's not forget about the monkeys. Let's think of the monkeys. If you strap on a gas mask to a monkey, cut off it's supply of oxygen and then feed it nothing but THC, the money will get brain damage. This is FACT. Pot heads always like to forget that one.

The Truth About The Monkey Study That Says Marijuana Kills Brain Cells - YouTube
Maybe you should get more current on your studies.

Marijuana use affects the developing adolescent brain, not the fully matured adult brain.

Here is a study from 2009 that shows teen marijuana use disrupts brain development in teens.

Here is a study from 2012 that shows IQ is affected by teen marijuana use.

Here is a study from 2013 that show teens who use marijuana have cognitive deficits and are more susceptible to psychiatric disorders.

Marijuana is on the long list of things that affect children more than adults, which is why it is important to keep children and adolescents from using it.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:17 AM

10,071 posts, read 13,977,615 times
David I agree smoking pot as a teen probably has some negative consequences, but so do a lot of other things and people turned out ok. I mean look how many hippies in the 60's dropped LSD and many of them became white collar baby boomers. Jobs said dropping LSD was one of the most important things he did. Boulder is full of old hippies that now drive beamers and some of them are lawyers, those guys did drugs and turned out fine.

For purposes of education I will tell you I have either ADD or ADHD and that's the reason I don't test well on IQ, I have a short attention span. I can't take ADHD drugs because they give me insomnia. I haven't smoke pot since college but frankly when I take a light "tranquilizer" like Klonopin I can often test better as long as I guess the right dose, otherwise I am groggy.

My point is this. Contrary to what you post and what the study says people like me with ADHD could probably do slightly better on a test using a small amout of cannibis to stop our minds from jumping. Now I am not going to jeopardize my job search to test this out, but hopefully I have considering the other side.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:27 AM

3,103 posts, read 2,840,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
Maybe you should get more current on your studies.

Marijuana use affects the developing adolescent brain, not the fully matured adult brain.

Here is a study from 2009 that shows teen marijuana use disrupts brain development in teens.

Here is a study from 2012 that shows IQ is affected by teen marijuana use.

Here is a study from 2013 that show teens who use marijuana have cognitive deficits and are more susceptible to psychiatric disorders.

Marijuana is on the long list of things that affect children more than adults, which is why it is important to keep children and adolescents from using it.
Well you should be happy that we're legalizing. Drug dealers don't ID, but the legal retail stores will.

But I think you missed my point/humor. The prohibitionists are always citing the danger to kids. Which is so totally over blown.

There are thousands of things in your house hold that can kill a child. Cannabis isn't one of them.

Alcohol, Drano, Asprin, knifes, guns, power tools, stairs, LPG, electricity, water, peanuts, hotdogs, glue etc.

Sure there are studies showing it's not good for kids, but there are also lots of cases showing it can help kids with specific illnesses.

But one thing is clear, cannabis can not kill your child.

If you really want to save the children, then take a look a the long list of leading causes of injury and/or deaths (see link). Funny I don't see cannabis on the list.

Ten Leading Causes of Death and Injury - PDFs|Injury Center|CDC

Last time I checked NO ONE was rallying for recreational use by those under 21. The whole "we must keep the children safe" is just another BS prohibitionist scare tactic.

Kids get high on glue and solvents all the time. Do we ban those? They are FAR more dangerous than cannabis.

Here's a novel idea. If you don't want your kids to do drugs, then talk to them and be part of their lives.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:53 PM

95 posts, read 153,307 times
Excellent Post and Rebuttal Colorado^

Old 08-06-2013, 11:28 PM

3,111 posts, read 4,889,513 times
Quote:
Well you should be happy that we're legalizing. Drug dealers don't ID, but the legal retail stores will.

But I think you missed my point/humor. The prohibitionists are always citing the danger to kids. Which is so totally over blown.

There are thousands of things in your house hold that can kill a child. Cannabis isn't one of them.

Alcohol, Drano, Asprin, knifes, guns, power tools, stairs, LPG, electricity, water, peanuts, hotdogs, glue etc.

Sure there are studies showing it's not good for kids, but there are also lots of cases showing it can help kids with specific illnesses.

But one thing is clear, cannabis can not kill your child.

If you really want to save the children, then take a look a the long list of leading causes of injury and/or deaths (see link). Funny I don't see cannabis on the list.

Ten Leading Causes of Death and Injury - PDFs|Injury Center|CDC

Last time I checked NO ONE was rallying for recreational use by those under 21. The whole "we must keep the children safe" is just another BS prohibitionist scare tactic.

Kids get high on glue and solvents all the time. Do we ban those? They are FAR more dangerous than cannabis.

Here's a novel idea. If you don't want your kids to do drugs, then talk to them and be part of their lives.
But we aren't debating medical marijuana, now are we? Medical marijuana has existed in Colorado for some time, and children with debilitating illnesses that can be helped by medical marijuana have been able to get it for some time now.

Secondly, I never said that marijuana kills anyone, I just outlined the dangers that marijuana poses to children, namely: disrupted brain development, lowered IQ and cognitive problems, and higher incidence rates of psychiatric disorders. Plus, people who use marijuana early in life are more likely to become addicted to marijuana and are more likely to abuse stronger drugs than those who started smoking later in life.

Finally, I never said that marijuana should be prohibited for those who are over 21. I have repeatedly stated that I voted against Amendment 64 because it is a poorly written amendment.

Bottom line, we have made a substance that can be dangerous to the health and welfare of children more available to them. You say that no one is advocating for recreational use by minors. I assume that means that you will join me in working to spread the truth about the harm that marijuana poses to children's health and welfare, and that you will counsel others to do so as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado