Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 11:49 AM

704 posts, read 1,784,292 times

Advertisements

I really dislike online rumor-mongering, I want to note that it is only pure conjecture that Hickenlooper is not going to run in 2014 . He has sa did he's running and there is no indication he's not. But my own hunch is that he's dug himself into such a hole he may step aside. We'll see.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:57 AM

8,590 posts, read 14,749,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneNative View Post
I really dislike online rumor-mongering, I want to note that it is only pure conjecture that Hickenlooper is not going to run in 2014 . He has sa did he's running and there is no indication he's not. But my own hunch is that he's dug himself into such a hole he may step aside. We'll see.
It'll probably depend on who the GOP throws their weight behind. If it's Tancredo or Gessler, Hickenlooper will still be favored. Plus you can't discount Toxic Tom selfishly and arrogantly going rogue again and undercutting the GOP ticket like he did in 2010.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:54 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,343,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
It'll probably depend on who the GOP throws their weight behind. If it's Tancredo or Gessler, Hickenlooper will still be favored. Plus you can't discount Toxic Tom selfishly and arrogantly going rogue again and undercutting the GOP ticket like he did in 2010.
Tancredo needs to keep his dumb ass at home. Word is Greg Brophy just threw his hat in the ring.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:43 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,580,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I'm with Joss on this one. Anytime you have a chance to remind government they are beholden to the people you jump on it. I feel accountability to the public is greatly lacking in our federal government. We can at least make some waves at the state level from time to time.
All one has to do is examine john morse's public comments about the contempt he has for his constituents and to me that is enough that this pompous arrogant totalitarian windbag needs to be recalled.

These morons work for us but this dummy seems to think we work for him.

We should be able to recall these incompetent dummies and fire them via an election if need be. There is no mob rule about the process.

These firearms laws are all about making criminals out of ordinary people to scare people out of gun ownership and to have them dependent on the state. The magazine law is a great example of a poor law written by morons that don't even know what a magazine is and it's filled with all sorts of trapdoors and booby traps so people can get tripped up and charged with felonies. It's a disgusting abuse of power by hateful totalitarian reckless legislatures and a radical ideologue governor.

Also the 2nd Amendment doesn't have a damn thing to do with hunting. Anyone linking the two is an ill informed person that doesn't know anything about the Bill of Rights and why they exist.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:55 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,580,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Anyone want to know why morse is being targeted? Do yourself a favor, and read this:
Dems leave making sense of gun magazine ban to attorney general | Complete Colorado - Page Two
You see to me if one is going to write a law banning something or write a law restricting something, at least do the public the decency of educating yourself what you are banning and making a crime. None of these dummies can explain what a magazine is and how it functions. Yet they are passing long windbag laws to make sure plenty of gun owners are made an example of.

These are the same dummies that attack us with stupid laws but yet give drivers licenses to people in the country illegally. With that line of thinking these incompetent dummies need to go.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:55 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,923,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
You see to me if one is going to write a law banning something or write a law restricting something, at least do the public the decency of educating yourself what you are banning and making a crime. None of these dummies can explain what a magazine is and how it functions. Yet they are passing long windbag laws to make sure plenty of gun owners are made an example of.

These are the same dummies that attack us with stupid laws but yet give drivers licenses to people in the country illegally. With that line of thinking these incompetent dummies need to go.
Yes, yes, and YES! This has been one of my biggest gripes with those who push for gun reform laws. Most of them can't tell the difference between a 12 gauge and a rimfire pocket pistol! When they can't even get the basic nomenclature correct it tells me they are woefully and willfully ignorant of the topic and if this is the case, they have no business passing a law against it.

The Colorado Senate proved itself an embarrassment during these sessions. From refusal to allow expert testimony from law enforcement, to refusal to hear from industry based in the state to one senator (Evie Hudak) tell a rape victim a gun wouldn't have helped her. The willful ignorance was astounding.

I'm not sure if this is necessarily the case with Morse. I'm a CO resident but live in VA right now, so I don't get to follow state level politics as closely as I'd like. Morse may well be knowledgable on firearms (don't know if he is or isn't) but he should definitely be reminded who he works for. Plus the conduct of the Senate is his responsibility. He should pay for his leadership (or more appropriately, his lack thereof) as well as be held accountable by the voters in his district.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:23 AM

1,975 posts, read 2,342,387 times
The bill information is found here:

http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cli...e=1224_enr.pdf

...and here:

http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cli...e=1229_enr.pdf

Morse is a former police officer and police chief so it is possible he is familiar with firearms. I appreciate his efforts at fighting voter suppression and gun violence. I hope the recall effort is tied up in the courts until his term ends, if not I will enjoy working to defeat it.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:25 AM

26,115 posts, read 48,712,075 times
Quote:
You're missing the point mike, ... If anyone is dumb enough to think that limiting magazine size will somehow prevent mass murders, then I can't help you. ...
My thoughts are that the magazine limits need to be either scrapped or adjusted to a higher number. This aspect of the topic is one I think they got wrong.

The recall is a waste. We can adjust or remove various aspects of these laws as a matter of regular business in the next session of the state legislature.

Universal background checks is the right thing to do and Colorado's hand was forced due to inaction in Congress on just about everything these days, including background checks. We're all victims of gridlock and partisanship in DC and all of us should be pissed about that more than anything else. We're going after the wrong solution with the recall.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:48 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,105,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Actually the NRA is a national right-wing organization. Not too confident in your detective work there, Sherlock.
The NRA has had little to no involvement in the recall elections. This is truly a grass roots effort by the freedom loving citizens of Colorado who feel betrayed by their elected representatives.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:13 PM

17,669 posts, read 29,550,848 times
Default Yes, he did

Quote:
Greg Brophy just threw his hat in the ring.
But, is this a general election-winning photo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado