U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-20-2013, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Colorado
1,969 posts, read 1,979,508 times
Reputation: 1724

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
That's just the point. I am not naive enough to believe these officials passed the laws with the public safety in mind. Chicago's failed gun policies demonstrate the futility of strict gun laws. Same for the nation's capital. I believe these laws were passed with the intent to infringe upon the rights of the citizen, but dressed up as matters of public safety. A lot of people buy into that "public safety" argument. Many do not. Asking me if their good intentions should be punished is a non-sequitor. I do not believe these laws were passed under good intentions.
And I see the matter as just another battle in the campaign of the right to continue the transformation of the United States into a plutocracy (reversion is more accurate, to pre-New Deal times). Weyrich, Falwell, ALEC, Powell and now their 'descendants'. Obvious of course, and the battle continues.

 
Old 07-20-2013, 06:50 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,249 posts, read 10,317,442 times
Reputation: 20215
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
One of my big issues with lefties and statists is their "good intentions" as though all their unintended consequences which typically end up being mind boggling rules and laws and driving costs through the roof while bankrupting the taxpayer, somehow the "good intentions" make up for that....
Well, let's see -- the size of a gun magazine. Are you telling me that your mind is unable to comprehend such a restriction? That would be like saying that the legal drinking age boggles your mind. What's so confusing about that?

Could you name the taxpayers that you personally know who have gone into bankruptcy based on gun laws?
 
Old 07-20-2013, 08:52 PM
 
9,830 posts, read 19,543,217 times
Reputation: 7604
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well, let's see -- the size of a gun magazine. Are you telling me that your mind is unable to comprehend such a restriction? That would be like saying that the legal drinking age boggles your mind. What's so confusing about that?

Could you name the taxpayers that you personally know who have gone into bankruptcy based on gun laws?
Yes my mind is unable to contemplate such a stupid law that does nothing about nothing and fixes nothing and solves nothing but comes at a price tag and criminalizes gun owners. Magazines don't fart from the sky, someone has to make them and sell them and comply with all these laws, which results in more costs as manufacturers have to make special magazines just for Colorado.

Can I name the taxpayers, yes, it's you, me and everyone here and every citizen in this country with many cities, states and the federal government broke and in debt. Everyone is on the hook for the 11% of GDP hogged up with government compliance costs. And everyone is on the hook when government spends money like drunken sailors and imposes costs on goods and services we purchase.
 
Old 07-21-2013, 12:16 AM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,249 posts, read 10,317,442 times
Reputation: 20215
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Yes my mind is unable to contemplate such a stupid law that does nothing about nothing and fixes nothing and solves nothing but comes at a price tag and criminalizes gun owners. Magazines don't fart from the sky, someone has to make them and sell them and comply with all these laws, which results in more costs as manufacturers have to make special magazines just for Colorado.

Can I name the taxpayers, yes, it's you, me and everyone here and every citizen in this country with many cities, states and the federal government broke and in debt. Everyone is on the hook for the 11% of GDP hogged up with government compliance costs. And everyone is on the hook when government spends money like drunken sailors and imposes costs on goods and services we purchase.
I didn't think you'd actually answer the questions.
 
Old 07-21-2013, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Western, Colorado
1,598 posts, read 2,751,981 times
Reputation: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well, let's see -- the size of a gun magazine. Are you telling me that your mind is unable to comprehend such a restriction? That would be like saying that the legal drinking age boggles your mind. What's so confusing about that?

Could you name the taxpayers that you personally know who have gone into bankruptcy based on gun laws?
Are you unable to comprehend that someone can do a mag change in less that 1 second?

So, with that said, what is the difference between someone carrying (2) 15rd magazines, and one 30rd magazine? Less than a second. 30 rounds in 30 seconds, versus 30 rounds in 30.75 seconds.

If you "feel" safer because of this, I have sad news for you - you aren't.
 
Old 07-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Status: "Beach time!" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Fredericksburg/Virginia Beach, VA
10,645 posts, read 11,048,679 times
Reputation: 13872
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Are you unable to comprehend that someone can do a mag change in less that 1 second?

So, with that said, what is the difference between someone carrying (2) 15rd magazines, and one 30rd magazine? Less than a second. 30 rounds in 30 seconds, versus 30 rounds in 30.75 seconds.

If you "feel" safer because of this, I have sad news for you - you aren't.
And this is why we are having a recall election. Those guns bills have a safety clause certifying the bill is enacted in the interest of public safety. Yet nothing in any of those bills would have prevented the Century 16 shooting, Columbine, the Newton shooting, etc... What they do prevent is the free exercise of 2nd Amendment rights. They interfere with law abiding citizens. They do not address the problem but instead make criminals out of law abiding citizens.
 
Old 07-21-2013, 02:52 PM
 
Location: 80904 West siiiiiide!
2,943 posts, read 7,310,904 times
Reputation: 1718
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well, let's see -- the size of a gun magazine. Are you telling me that your mind is unable to comprehend such a restriction? That would be like saying that the legal drinking age boggles your mind. What's so confusing about that?

Could you name the taxpayers that you personally know who have gone into bankruptcy based on gun laws?
I want you to explain what the difference is between one 30 round magazine, or 2 15 round magazines taped together. If my math serves me correctly, that's still 30 rounds. I want you to legitimately explain to me what the difference is.
 
Old 07-21-2013, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,249 posts, read 10,317,442 times
Reputation: 20215
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Are you unable to comprehend that someone can do a mag change in less that 1 second?

So, with that said, what is the difference between someone carrying (2) 15rd magazines, and one 30rd magazine? Less than a second. 30 rounds in 30 seconds, versus 30 rounds in 30.75 seconds.

If you "feel" safer because of this, I have sad news for you - you aren't.
I haven't been debating that point, so you're arguing with yourself.
 
Old 07-21-2013, 07:28 PM
 
Location: 80904 West siiiiiide!
2,943 posts, read 7,310,904 times
Reputation: 1718
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I haven't been debating that point, so you're arguing with yourself.
That IS the point!!!! That's what HB1224 was all about!!!
 
Old 07-21-2013, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,249 posts, read 10,317,442 times
Reputation: 20215
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
I want you to explain what the difference is between one 30 round magazine, or 2 15 round magazines taped together. If my math serves me correctly, that's still 30 rounds. I want you to legitimately explain to me what the difference is.
Why are you asking me. I haven't stated any specific opinion on gun rights in this thread. I have stated an opinion on the wisdom of recall elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top