U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-26-2013, 06:28 AM
 
Location: Colorado
1,969 posts, read 1,977,207 times
Reputation: 1724

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
I know what the new laws are. Judging from your post, I'm not too sure you do, at least pertaining to the question I asked you.
You don't appear to understand the concept of law, thus my post. Woe you say you are an anarchist?

 
Old 07-26-2013, 06:58 AM
 
Location: Western, Colorado
1,598 posts, read 2,750,166 times
Reputation: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
You don't appear to understand the concept of law, thus my post. Woe you say you are an anarchist?
Tell us how these laws are going to A. Prevent any further crimes from happening, and B: Punish criminals?

We'll wait.
 
Old 07-26-2013, 07:52 AM
 
9,830 posts, read 19,529,511 times
Reputation: 7602
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Tell us how these laws are going to A. Prevent any further crimes from happening, and B: Punish criminals?

We'll wait.
Previously artisan was questioned on this many times and he cannot answer, so he dances around the issue saying the feel goody aspect is what is important because hey they care and they did something.

Results in terms of actually fixing a problem do not matter to statists. If people went by results these people would never have any public platform anywhere.

The real problem in this country is an over reliance on the state and a lack of moral and ethical values.
 
Old 07-29-2013, 12:32 PM
 
Location: Colorado
1,969 posts, read 1,977,207 times
Reputation: 1724
Perfectly encapsulated:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/26/op...src=rechp&_r=0
 
Old 07-29-2013, 08:51 PM
 
Location: 80904 West siiiiiide!
2,943 posts, read 7,304,660 times
Reputation: 1698
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Tired liberal talking points, from an equally worthless liberal rag.

This ain't California. Obviously.
 
Old 07-29-2013, 11:15 PM
 
Location: In the middle.
543 posts, read 451,542 times
Reputation: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
A swing and a miss. The local organizations that are running the recall efforts have received no aid whatsoever (much to their dismay) from the NRA or any of the other major gun lobby associations. As I understand it, there is some major head scratching as to why there has been no aid so far.
 
Old 07-30-2013, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
10,627 posts, read 11,023,385 times
Reputation: 13847
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
A swing and a miss. The local organizations that are running the recall efforts have received no aid whatsoever (much to their dismay) from the NRA or any of the other major gun lobby associations. As I understand it, there is some major head scratching as to why there has been no aid so far.
Weather they have received aid from the NRA or not is really irrelevant. What is relevant is the demand for a recall election, a grassroots movement in the purest sense of the term, as evidenced by the overwhelming number of signatures received required to certify the election. NRA funding would not have created demand where it previously did not exist. These recalls would be happening with or without outside outside funding.
 
Old 07-30-2013, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Colorado
1,969 posts, read 1,977,207 times
Reputation: 1724
The efforts to establish a gun-crazed plutocracy will continue to be fought at every level.
 
Old 07-30-2013, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
10,627 posts, read 11,023,385 times
Reputation: 13847
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
The efforts to establish a gun-crazed plutocracy will continue to be fought at every level.
Nobody is trying to establish a "gun-crazed plutocracy." What is happening with the recall elections is the people, those who hold the power in this country, have determined their elected representatives no longer represent their will.

To dismiss the fight for 2nd Amendment rights as trying to establish a "gun-crazed plutocracy" just underscores why this dialogue can be so difficult. You ignore the fact that LEAGAL LAW ABIDING gun owners have ZERO impact on your life. LAW ABIDING gun owners, which constitutes the vast majority of gun owners, are not the reason why these gun laws were proposed. However, they are the ones whose rights are infringed by these laws.

Thankfully the recall elections are serving as a reminder to the assembly what happens when you infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens.
 
Old 07-30-2013, 09:35 AM
 
2,493 posts, read 2,186,249 times
Reputation: 3351
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
You ignore the fact that LEGAL LAW ABIDING gun owners have ZERO impact on your life. LAW ABIDING gun owners, which constitutes the vast majority of gun owners, are not the reason why these gun laws were proposed. However, they are the ones whose rights are infringed by these laws. Thankfully the recall elections are serving as a reminder to the assembly what happens when you infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens.
I'll admit I have not followed the details of these new laws closely because I don't own guns.
Could you explain how the NEW Colorado gun laws infringe on the rights of LEGAL GUN OWNERS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:40 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top