U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-13-2013, 09:04 PM
 
9,830 posts, read 19,525,426 times
Reputation: 7602

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
My firearm is my seat belt & insurance against criminal scum attempting to deprive me of life, liberty & happiness.

If you choose to rely on the police for your protection - fine. Don't deprive me the ability to choose the best means to defend myself and my family.
Stats show over the past 30 years as access to firearms has improved and criminal penalties have been more harsh, violent crime has gone way down.

Leftists need chaos in society to execute their plans for totalitarian government, so you being able to defend yourself gets in the way of being dependent on government. All this comes down to is power and control over you.

As we go through life we all gain life experience, some learn better than others.

One thing I have realized being a victim of crime several times in Colorado is that when it comes down to it all the police usually do is clean up the mess afterwords and process all the legalities and paperwork.

Maybe sometimes when you dial 911 the police can get there in time in the middle of something but mostly you are on your own. If some thug decides it's your house or you to rob, rape, shoot up, beat to death, whatever, not a whole lot you can do unless you can defend yourself.

I agree in that I see firearms as an insurance policy to defend myself and loved ones. Leftists however would like to make sure we have the most restrictive firearms available to be able to do so.

 
Old 08-13-2013, 09:06 PM
 
9,830 posts, read 19,525,426 times
Reputation: 7602
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
The right sees an opening and they are taking advantage of it. It's good to have everything out in open. Back in 1977 or so I thought the NRA and the GOP were normal. I'm glad they ripped their masks off and showed their evil faces. Hanging out at the Newtown Starbucks with your gun. That's class.
It is classy. People choosing to take responsibility for their own defense. If people in the school had firearms it is possible much of that disaster would not have happened. The police were too late.
 
Old 08-13-2013, 09:09 PM
 
9,830 posts, read 19,525,426 times
Reputation: 7602
Quote:
Originally Posted by allprolab View Post
You're mad because you can't buy a high magazine clip. You can still own a gun and protect your family from what is statistically never going to happen to you, hence you're just paranoid. This whole recall election is stemmed from extremists crybabies and it couldn't be more of a waste of tax dollars.
It is statistically low because we have guns and there are consequences. Criminals don't like consequences.

In a country like the UK with almost no guns it's a free for all of stealing and robbing.

And just because it is statistically low we should surrender our rights?

It is statistically low I will be in a car accident but if I am, I'd rather have my seat belt on.
 
Old 08-13-2013, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,055 posts, read 10,266,157 times
Reputation: 20101
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Stats show over the past 30 years as access to firearms has improved and criminal penalties have been more harsh, violent crime has gone way down.

Leftists need chaos in society to execute their plans for totalitarian government, so you being able to defend yourself gets in the way of being dependent on government. All this comes down to is power and control over you.

As we go through life we all gain life experience, some learn better than others.

One thing I have realized being a victim of crime several times in Colorado is that when it comes down to it all the police usually do is clean up the mess afterwords and process all the legalities and paperwork.

Maybe sometimes when you dial 911 the police can get there in time in the middle of something but mostly you are on your own. If some thug decides it's your house or you to rob, rape, shoot up, beat to death, whatever, not a whole lot you can do unless you can defend yourself.

I agree in that I see firearms as an insurance policy to defend myself and loved ones. Leftists however would like to make sure we have the most restrictive firearms available to be able to do so.
Well, I guess I'm a leftist (since I'm a Democrat), but I have no desire to outlaw private gun ownership.

And, I don't want chaos in society.

And I don't want totalitarian government.

Definitely time to stop listening to Rush and his ilk.
 
Old 08-13-2013, 10:13 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,055 posts, read 10,266,157 times
Reputation: 20101
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
It is statistically low because we have guns and there are consequences. Criminals don't like consequences.

In a country like the UK with almost no guns it's a free for all of stealing and robbing.

And just because it is statistically low we should surrender our rights?

It is statistically low I will be in a car accident but if I am, I'd rather have my seat belt on.

Just for the record, the homicade rate in the t US is 4.8/100,00 people, and in the United Kingdom 1.2/100,000. So our homicide rate here in the US is 4 X that in the UK.
 
Old 08-15-2013, 06:13 AM
 
1,163 posts, read 1,198,316 times
Reputation: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
It is classy. People choosing to take responsibility for their own defense. If people in the school had firearms it is possible much of that disaster would not have happened. The police were too late.
At Virginia Tech the police were there and stood by from a safe distance nothing while Cho calmly stalked the school room by room shooting all he found. The police waited from a safe distance until the shooting was completely over and Cho had killed himself before they entered the building.
 
Old 08-15-2013, 08:44 AM
 
9,830 posts, read 19,525,426 times
Reputation: 7602
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Just for the record, the homicade rate in the t US is 4.8/100,00 people, and in the United Kingdom 1.2/100,000. So our homicide rate here in the US is 4 X that in the UK.
And it's gone down since 1985 when states over time started to allow licences and permits to conceal carry.

Taking away people's ability to defend themselves is not going to reduce the homicide rate. Silly little rules like how many rounds you can have in a magazine is stupid.

Looking at a lot of homicide stats, I find a lot of it is criminal on criminal which I've got no problem with.
 
Old 08-15-2013, 08:47 AM
 
9,830 posts, read 19,525,426 times
Reputation: 7602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
At Virginia Tech the police were there and stood by from a safe distance nothing while Cho calmly stalked the school room by room shooting all he found. The police waited from a safe distance until the shooting was completely over and Cho had killed himself before they entered the building.
And police will tell you they've got a duty "to go home at night". Same thing in Aurora. Had not the killer stepped out the back door, the police would have probably stayed put and "contained the situation".

So anyone that is expecting the police to come and save them is delusional.

As I said, to me the police are basically there to clean up the mess and process the legalities. That's about all they end up usually doing.
 
Old 08-15-2013, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,055 posts, read 10,266,157 times
Reputation: 20101
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
And it's gone down since 1985 when states over time started to allow licences and permits to conceal carry.

Taking away people's ability to defend themselves is not going to reduce the homicide rate. Silly little rules like how many rounds you can have in a magazine is stupid.

Looking at a lot of homicide stats, I find a lot of it is criminal on criminal which I've got no problem with.
Nevertheless, you posted misleading information.
 
Old 08-15-2013, 09:38 PM
 
Location: Western, Colorado
1,598 posts, read 2,749,322 times
Reputation: 942
Colorado Springs Police Protective Association Backs Morse Recall

Colorado Springs Police Protective Association Backs Morse Recall | The Colorado Observer

Quote:
“While we’re working to keep our streets safe for law-abiding citizens, Senator Morse has disarmed law-abiding citizens and tried to let more criminals out of state prisons,” said Officer Mike Ray, CSPPA Board of Directors. “He’s working against rank-and-file police officers and must be stopped. We need a change."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top