U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-16-2013, 05:45 AM
 
Location: Colorado
1,969 posts, read 1,976,908 times
Reputation: 1724

Advertisements

How many guns have been confiscated so far in El Paso County? Are the lefty operatives going door to door facing any resistance? Haven't seen anything on Fox or other liberal media.

 
Old 08-16-2013, 06:06 AM
 
Location: Western, Colorado
1,598 posts, read 2,749,658 times
Reputation: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
How many guns have been confiscated so far in El Paso County? Are the lefty operatives going door to door facing any resistance? Haven't seen anything on Fox or other liberal media.
That's the ultimate goal, and it has been said by many Democrats. These laws are just means of incrementally getting them to the point of a mass confiscation.

It's happened before. It's happened in our own country. Heck, look at what NYS passed coined the "SAFE" act.

The bottom line is Morse, Giron, and many others haven't listened to their constituents but rather the Democratic leadership and Michael Bloomberg. They day of reckoning will come when they make history.
 
Old 08-16-2013, 06:34 AM
 
2,493 posts, read 2,185,940 times
Reputation: 3351
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Colorado Springs Police Protective Association Backs Morse Recall

Colorado Springs Police Protective Association Backs Morse Recall | The Colorado Observer
Quote:
“While we’re working to keep our streets safe for law-abiding citizens, Senator Morse has disarmed law-abiding citizens and tried to let more criminals out of state prisons,” said Officer Mike Ray, CSPPA Board of Directors. “He’s working against rank-and-file police officers and must be stopped. We need a change."
There is that same lie again. How do background checks disarm law abiding citizens?
They don't! If they do not pass a background check, they are NOT law abiding citizens.
 
Old 08-16-2013, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Western, Colorado
1,598 posts, read 2,749,658 times
Reputation: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
There is that same lie again. How do background checks disarm law abiding citizens?
They don't! If they do not pass a background check, they are NOT law abiding citizens.
Yes. Let's have background checks for voting, and see how that goes over. We can't even get ID's.

ETA:

The citizens don't want these laws. The police don't want them. 90% of the sheriffs don't want them. Countless District Attorneys have mentioned they will not prosecute violations of these laws.

Who is it that wants them?
 
Old 08-16-2013, 03:32 PM
 
2,493 posts, read 2,185,940 times
Reputation: 3351
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Yes. Let's have background checks for voting, and see how that goes over. We can't even get ID's.

ETA:

The citizens don't want these laws. The police don't want them. 90% of the sheriffs don't want them. Countless District Attorneys have mentioned they will not prosecute violations of these laws.

Who is it that wants them?
Noticed you did not answer my question, one I have asked many times and it is always ignores.

How do background checks prevent law abiding citizens from owning a gun?
 
Old 08-16-2013, 04:25 PM
 
Location: Western, Colorado
1,598 posts, read 2,749,658 times
Reputation: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Noticed you did not answer my question, one I have asked many times and it is always ignores.

How do background checks prevent law abiding citizens from owning a gun?
THE SAME WAY IT PREVENTS PEOPLE FROM VOTING - You know, the same excuse that Democrats use when the the issue of voter ID laws come up.
 
Old 08-16-2013, 05:58 PM
 
2,493 posts, read 2,185,940 times
Reputation: 3351
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
THE SAME WAY IT PREVENTS PEOPLE FROM VOTING - You know, the same excuse that Democrats use when the the issue of voter ID laws come up.
So in other words, you are unable to answer the question.

Thank you for agreeing that background checks DO NOT prevent law abiding citizens from owning or buying a gun.
 
Old 08-16-2013, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Western, Colorado
1,598 posts, read 2,749,658 times
Reputation: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
So in other words, you are unable to answer the question.

Thank you for agreeing that background checks DO NOT prevent law abiding citizens from owning or buying a gun.
I want to buy a handgun from my neighbor when he comes home from work tonight at 10pm.

How do I get my gun today? Legally( as of the new laws)
 
Old 08-16-2013, 09:33 PM
 
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
10,627 posts, read 11,021,451 times
Reputation: 13847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Noticed you did not answer my question, one I have asked many times and it is always ignores.

How do background checks prevent law abiding citizens from owning a gun?
I have already answered this, earlier in the thread. I've stated that many gun owners support background checks on some level. We do not support increasing the scope of background checks because the laws currently on the books are not even enforced to the extent they should be. Why should we increase the scope of background checks when we are not even fully implementing the current scope of the law?
 
Old 08-16-2013, 11:51 PM
 
9,830 posts, read 19,527,350 times
Reputation: 7602
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I have already answered this, earlier in the thread. I've stated that many gun owners support background checks on some level. We do not support increasing the scope of background checks because the laws currently on the books are not even enforced to the extent they should be. Why should we increase the scope of background checks when we are not even fully implementing the current scope of the law?
And as I am finding out here in PA from research I have done talking with others, often there is inaccurate information, identity confusion and a whole host of issues with the background checks.

We already have 25,000 firearms laws on the books in the USA, how many more do we need?

As I have said the end goal is to make it so confusing, costly and entangling that they will scare and cowl gun owners into surrendering their rights. The mag limits issue is a great way to entangle and entrap people. Anal intensive background checks and more paperwork is another way to get into your business, slow commerce, bog people down with more information.

Statists will sit there and say "oh no we don't want gun confiscation". But rather than taking it by force they just criminalize you, harass you, take money out of your pocket, make you fill out more stupid and useless forms, ad nausem. Just like with Big Gulps, they want to tell you how much you can have of this, how much of that, how much you can purchase at one time, when can you purchase it, how often you can purchase it, where you can use it, on and on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top