U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 07:57 PM

22,217 posts, read 10,306,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Well, then, you need to ask yourself, is it infringing upon our Second Amendment rights if I'm denied access to firearms during certain hours?

I mean, lets have a law where you can only vote, after midnight on election day.
I have no problem with that. Lived under that most of my life . Many states still have it that way.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Apparently not. We wouldn't be at this point in the recall if they had not been. It was more of an issue with the blatant disregard for their constituents rather than the bills themselves.
Well, I guess you don't what the issue is.

Kind of a moving target...from your point of view.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:26 AM

1,969 posts, read 1,978,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
That's already happening this November. Oh that's right, you never research anything before opening your mouth.
No sh*t? Post the link, Prince Charming.

Initiatives and Referendums on the Ballot 2013

Old 08-21-2013, 11:30 AM

1,969 posts, read 1,978,651 times
Quote:
Apparently not. We wouldn't be at this point in the recall if they had not been. It was more of an issue with the blatant disregard for their constituents rather than the bills themselves.
I don't agree that they are disregarding their constituents. I think they are working pretty hard.

John Morse (Colorado legislator) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2007 legislative session[edit source | editbeta]

[show]Bills Introduced in 2007 by Sen. Morse
[SIZE=2](for which Sen. Morse is the primary originating sponsor)[/SIZE]BillTitleOutcomeSB07-034Concerning clarification of residency status for the purpose of granting reciprocity to concealed weapons permits issued by states other than Colorado.Signed by Gov. RitterSB07-063Concerning the exemption of mixed-use communities from provisions governing amendments to the declaration establishing a common interest community under the "Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act."Postponed indefinitely in House committeeSB07-072Concerning reimbursements to Colorado institutions of higher education for refunds made to students who are called to active duty in certain middle eastern countries, and [...] limiting the reimbursements to those refunds granted to students who are deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq.Postponed indefinitely in House committeeSB07-136Concerning the jurisdiction of courts to enter orders for the protection of persons.Signed by Gov. RitterSB07-146Concerning the creation of a pilot program to provide mental health services to families of recently discharge veterans [...]Signed by Gov. RitterSB07-153Concerning enforcement of certain orders issued by a local health officer.Signed by Gov. RitterSB07-154Concerning the authority of a law enforcement officer under the express consent law to request a drive to take a test other than the test elected by the driver for the purpose of determining the driver's alcohol content.Signed by Gov. RitterSB07-197Concerning the Safe-2-Tell program for persons in schools.Signed by Gov. RitterIn the 2007 legislative session, Morse served on the Senate Health and Human Services Committee, the Senate Finance Committee, and was Vice-Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee.[SIZE=2][9][/SIZE] During his first term, Morse sponsored legislation to create a pilot mental health services program for discharged combat veterans in Colorado,[SIZE=2][10][/SIZE] and to change Colorado's concealed carry permit system for firearms.[SIZE=2][11][/SIZE]
Following the regular legislative session, Morse served on the interim legislative Health Care Task Force[SIZE=2][12][/SIZE] and was vice-chair of the Police Officers' and Firefighters' Pension Reform Commission.[SIZE=2][13][/SIZE]
In November 2007, Morse was elected by the Democratic caucus to serve on the influential Joint Budget Committee.[SIZE=2][14][/SIZE]
2008 legislative session[edit source | editbeta]

In the 2008 session of the General Assembly, Morse sits on the Joint Budget Committee and chairs the Senate Appropriations Committee.[SIZE=2][15][/SIZE] He also sat on a special ethics panel investigating possible conflicts of interest for Colorado State Fair engineering contracts received by Sen. Abel Tapia.[SIZE=2][16][/SIZE]
Among the legislation sponsored by Morse during the 2008 legislative session is a bill to increase drivers license fees to fund trauma care and require $5000 of trauma care to be covered in car insurance policies,[SIZE=2][17][/SIZE][SIZE=2][18][/SIZE][SIZE=2][19][/SIZE] and a bill to increase marriage license fees to fund Court Appointed Special Advocate programs.[SIZE=2][20][/SIZE]
Another of Morse's bills, to establish a database of school security practices for use by Colorado schools[SIZE=2][21][/SIZE][SIZE=2][22][/SIZE] and create the Colorado School Safety Resource Center to help school districts with safety plans, was passed by the legislature and signed into law by Gov. Ritter.[SIZE=2][23][/SIZE]
Morse was also the Senate sponsor of successful legislation encouraging judges to consider restorative justice as part of juvenile sentencing.[SIZE=2][24][/SIZE] He also sponsored legislation to grant public hospitals taxing authority so that they can satisfy the federal definition of a "public hospital" and qualify for federal funding.[SIZE=2][25][/SIZE]
During the session, Morse was the lone legislator to vote in committee in favor of a proposal to require the use of paper ballot in all 2008 Colorado elections.[SIZE=2][26][/SIZE][SIZE=2][27][/SIZE] As a member of the Joint Budget Committee, Morse was also a prominent voice supporting Democratic Party priorities in the state 2008-09 state budget, arguing in favor of increased spending on education and health care.[SIZE=2][28][/SIZE][SIZE=2][29][/SIZE]
In July 2008, Morse publicly called for an investigation of 4th Judicial District DA John Newsome amid reports that Newsome inappropriately used taxpayer money to pay for over $500 in expenses surrounding a trip to a college football game. Newsome, who faced a challenger in the Republican primary for the district attorney's position, denied wrongdoing and alleged that Morse's accusations were "politics of personal destruction." Both the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the Colorado Attorney General's office launched investigations into Newsome's conduct.[SIZE=2][30][/SIZE][SIZE=2][31][/SIZE]
During the 2008 election, Morse was an outspoken critic of El Paso County Clerk and Recorder Bob Balink, who he accused of implementing a "12-point strategy" to disenfranchize voters[SIZE=2][32][/SIZE] including improperly interpreting rules regarding voter registration for students at Colorado College. Balink's office denied any improper conduct.[SIZE=2][33][/SIZE]
Following the 2008 general election, Morse was nominated for the posts of Senate President Pro-Tem and Senate Assistant Majority Leader, but lost the caucus' vote for each post to Sen. Betty Boyd and Sen. Lois Tochtrop, respectively.[SIZE=2][34][/SIZE]
In December, Morse was named Outstanding Public Official in the Gay & Lesbian Fund for Colorado's 2008 Advancing Equality Awards.[SIZE=2][35][/SIZE]
2009 legislative session[edit source | editbeta]

For the 2009 session of the Colorado General Assembly, Morse was named chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee[SIZE=2][36][/SIZE] and a member of the Senate Health and Human Services Committee.[SIZE=2][37][/SIZE]
Morse has introduced legislation to increase vehicle registration fees by $1 to pay for rural ambulance services.[SIZE=2][38][/SIZE][SIZE=2][39][/SIZE] and to increase survivor benefits for police and fire fighters.[SIZE=2][40][/SIZE]

Old 08-21-2013, 01:58 PM

9,980 posts, read 6,274,616 times
I don't really have a horse in this race, I'm just a part time resident. When I spent several months in the Springs, I felt no need to have a gun. The police would have been there in minutes. Now that I'm back out in the sticks, it's a different story. On a good day, it would take the Sheriff 30 minutes to get up here and that's if my cell phone is working. I think I'm legal, but just in case I'm building a catapult and stock piling rocks (just kidding).

Old 08-21-2013, 02:10 PM

20,853 posts, read 39,085,412 times
[quote=elan;31066320... but just in case I'm building a catapult and stock piling rocks (just kidding).[/QUOTE]

I hear that fruit cakes make good catapult ammo....the good people of Manitou wouldn't lie to us.... and after the "battle" you can pick them up off the field and use them in your doomsday prepper bunker as long term provisions.... like those indestructible Civil Defense biscuits in huge tins from the 1950s
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 08-21-2013 at 06:58 PM..

Old 08-21-2013, 07:17 PM

2,943 posts, read 7,309,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
No sh*t? Post the link, Prince Charming.

Initiatives and Referendums on the Ballot 2013
Ask, and ye shall receive

Colorado: Ballot Initiative Proposed To Repeal The Idiotic Magazine Ban - THR

And then the Denver post....
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_2278337...al-overturn-it

I could go on all day.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:31 PM

9,830 posts, read 19,539,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I think I'm legal, but just in case I'm building a catapult and stock piling rocks (just kidding).
Just get a black powder fired bowling ball mortar and be done with it.

United Nations Ammo Company (UNAC) down at the bottom of the page.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:16 PM

20,853 posts, read 39,085,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Ask, and ye shall receive

And then the Denver post....
Colorado ammunition bill inspires 2nd proposal to overturn it - The Denver Post

I could go on all day.
This is how the issue should be handled, not by a recall.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:09 PM

Just for the record, earlier in this thread it was stated (more than once, as I recall) that the NRA was not involved in this recall effort. I was just watching a video on Fox News dot com, and the opening commercial against one of the officials being recalled was paid for by the NRA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or