U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-22-2013, 05:36 AM
 
Location: 80904 West siiiiiide!
2,943 posts, read 7,304,660 times
Reputation: 1698

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Just for the record, earlier in this thread it was stated (more than once, as I recall) that the NRA was not involved in this recall effort. I was just watching a video on Fox News dot com, and the opening commercial against one of the officials being recalled was paid for by the NRA.
They are now. The NRA stayed out of it until the recall election was allowed to proceed and no more legal options could be exhausted. Now, the NRA is behind it fully (and rightfully so), and has opened a field office in Colorado Springs, specifically dealing with the recall of John Morse.

 
Old 08-22-2013, 06:41 AM
 
2,493 posts, read 2,186,249 times
Reputation: 3351
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Do you have any evidence that it is actually on the ballot for 2013?
You provided links to DP articles about people who WANTED it on the ballot.
 
Old 08-22-2013, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Colorado
1,969 posts, read 1,977,207 times
Reputation: 1724
I enjoy seeing the GOP flailing about, grasping at any issue it can to stay alive. Just like a dinosaur trapped in the tar pits.
 
Old 08-22-2013, 07:12 PM
 
Location: 80904 West siiiiiide!
2,943 posts, read 7,304,660 times
Reputation: 1698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Do you have any evidence that it is actually on the ballot for 2013?
You provided links to DP articles about people who WANTED it on the ballot.
That, I actually do not, but they did file the necessary paperwork, so I would assume its a matter of public record at this point.
 
Old 08-22-2013, 07:14 PM
 
Location: 80904 West siiiiiide!
2,943 posts, read 7,304,660 times
Reputation: 1698
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
I enjoy seeing the GOP flailing about, grasping at any issue it can to stay alive. Just like a dinosaur trapped in the tar pits.
How so? This doesn't really have much to do with the GOP, I know several died in the wool liberals that are infuriated with Morse. He pretty much pissed off everyone, hence the reason for this election. Even liberals and democrats own guns. Several are good friends of mine.

Your argument is tired.
 
Old 08-23-2013, 06:16 AM
 
2,493 posts, read 2,186,249 times
Reputation: 3351
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
That, I actually do not, but they did file the necessary paperwork, so I would assume its a matter of public record at this point.
Seems you owe artisan4 an apology!
Don't think YOU researched before YOU opened your mouth.
BTW, it is NOT on the ballot this November.



Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Instead of recall elections, why don't the anti-background check/magazine limit people sponsor amendments to be voted on by the public, repealing the laws? If passed, those would be in effect regardless of who was in office.
Quote:
Originally posted by ryanek9freak:Oh that's right, because background checks and magazine limits are popular. That's already happening this November. Oh that's right, you never research anything before opening your mouth.
 
Old 08-23-2013, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,080 posts, read 10,275,420 times
Reputation: 20109
This is interesting:
Statewide, Colorado voters oppose recalls, but mixed on gun laws
 
Old 08-25-2013, 07:19 AM
 
Location: Colorado
1,969 posts, read 1,977,207 times
Reputation: 1724
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Interesting. They are factoring in the governorship too. They can't get these politicians on fraud or other crimes so you have to demonize them somehow. Get the labels going; gun-grabber, etc. The NRA and GOP propaganda departments probably have lists of catch phrases.
 
Old 08-25-2013, 09:58 AM
 
Location: The 719
14,498 posts, read 22,345,330 times
Reputation: 13809
The folks who signed the petitions will vote. Most of the folks who oppose it will probably oppose getting off their asses to vote too.
 
Old 08-25-2013, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
10,627 posts, read 11,023,385 times
Reputation: 13847
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It is interesting, but also irrelevant. What is relevant is the voters supporting or opposing the recalls within the districts in which there is a recall. I maintain when those voters feel their elected representatives no longer are serving the purpose to which elected, it is their right to issue a recall in keeping with the state's laws. They don't need permission or approval of voters in other districts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:01 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top