U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-26-2013, 04:31 PM
 
Location: SoCal
542 posts, read 1,256,276 times
Reputation: 749

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Seems you owe artisan4 an apology!
Don't think YOU researched before YOU opened your mouth.
BTW, it is NOT on the ballot this November.



Quote:

It appears you are correct, only because it appears it will voted on in September instead of November. From wikipedia's page about Morse:


Members of the El Paso Freedom Defense Committee started a recall effort in response to some Colorado citizens' concerns that Morse did not represent his constituents well by admitting on The Rachel Maddow Show to willfully ignoring their emails and, in their opinion, violating the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.[41]
On June 3, 2013, constituents of Morse who support gun rights turned in 16,046 signatures to recall him from political office, well over the 7,178 needed to force a recall election in Morse's district.[42][43] With that Morse became first ever Colorado legislator to be subject to a recall election in the state's history.[3] The recall election is set to take place on September 10, 2013.


Since some people don't always trust wikipedia, I'm hoping you'll trust your own town newspaper, cited by wikipedia:

Morse, Giron recall elections set for Sept. 10

Months of political infighting will come to a head in central Colorado Springs and Pueblo on Sept. 10 when voters will decide whether to keep their senators in office or toss them out in favor of replacements.


As a potential future Colorado citizen, I am anxiously awaiting the results of this vote.

 
Old 08-26-2013, 05:20 PM
 
2,493 posts, read 2,187,036 times
Reputation: 3351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxie Girl View Post
It appears you are correct, only because it appears it will voted on in September instead of November.
Off course the recall is on the Sept ballot. That is the only thing on the Sept ballot.

ryanek9freak has stated in about five separate posts that the repeal of the magazine limit is on the November statewide ballot. Everyone but ryan realizes this is not true.

That is what I was calling him out on.
 
Old 08-26-2013, 05:38 PM
 
Location: SoCal
542 posts, read 1,256,276 times
Reputation: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Off course the recall is on the Sept ballot. That is the only thing on the Sept ballot.

ryanek9freak has stated in about five separate posts that the repeal of the magazine limit is on the November statewide ballot. Everyone but ryan realizes this is not true.

That is what I was calling him out on.
That's fine. Without having read through all thirty-something pages of this thread, I didn't see anything toward the end stating when the vote actually would be held, so I thought I'd post it for all who care to know the date. I was not picking sides or trying to insult anyone.

I assume this was chosen and done as a special election, since it's in Sept? Or do you guys typically have votes in Sept in CO? When we had our governor's recall election here in CA in 2003, they ended up picking a date in October that happened to be my (younger) brother's 18th bday, so he got to vote on the day he turned 18. I bet not too many people born in Oct can say that.

Happy voting, everyone!
 
Old 08-26-2013, 06:30 PM
Status: "Beach time!" (set 9 hours ago)
 
Location: Fredericksburg/Virginia Beach, VA
10,641 posts, read 11,032,566 times
Reputation: 13863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxie Girl View Post
That's fine. Without having read through all thirty-something pages of this thread, I didn't see anything toward the end stating when the vote actually would be held, so I thought I'd post it for all who care to know the date. I was not picking sides or trying to insult anyone.

I assume this was chosen and done as a special election, since it's in Sept? Or do you guys typically have votes in Sept in CO? When we had our governor's recall election here in CA in 2003, they ended up picking a date in October that happened to be my (younger) brother's 18th bday, so he got to vote on the day he turned 18. I bet not too many people born in Oct can say that.

Happy voting, everyone!
I think in most states special elections are set within a certain number of days beyond a legal validation of the process. This applies to recalls as well as other special elections (death of a sitting official or his seat vacated by appointment/election to another position). Usually this is certified and set by the governor. I wonder how that worked in the Davis recall. Did he certify his own recall date? (The one in which he got TERMINATED? I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. This thread needs some levity.)
 
Old 08-26-2013, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,162 posts, read 10,288,738 times
Reputation: 20152
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
It is interesting, but also irrelevant. What is relevant is the voters supporting or opposing the recalls within the districts in which there is a recall. I maintain when those voters feel their elected representatives no longer are serving the purpose to which elected, it is their right to issue a recall in keeping with the state's laws. They don't need permission or approval of voters in other districts.
Did I say that the article should or should not have any influence over whether or not there should be a recall? No, I did not. I simply said it's interesting...particularly in light of how some people on this forum speak of "Coloradans believe..."
 
Old 08-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Status: "Beach time!" (set 9 hours ago)
 
Location: Fredericksburg/Virginia Beach, VA
10,641 posts, read 11,032,566 times
Reputation: 13863
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Did I say that the article should or should not have any influence over whether or not there should be a recall? No, I did not. I simply said it's interesting...particularly in light of how some people on this forum speak of "Coloradans believe..."
Right. And I acknowledged that it was interesting, but took it a step further. I'm not putting words in your mouth, simply making conversation of my own, to wit, that a statewide consensus on a district-level issue is irrelevant.
 
Old 08-27-2013, 03:47 AM
 
Location: Colorado
1,969 posts, read 1,977,782 times
Reputation: 1724
If elected, Herpin could really get his anti-Choice/'Personhood' suppression of womens' reproductive rights going. Maybe women will turn out to make sure that doesn't happen.

As far as Ryan or the other silver tongued devils on here, I don't expect a apology. They have the level of social skills one has grown used to from our countrymen on the right.
 
Old 08-27-2013, 10:17 AM
 
Location: SoCal
542 posts, read 1,256,276 times
Reputation: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
If elected, Herpin could really get his anti-Choice/'Personhood' suppression of womens' reproductive rights going. Maybe women will turn out to make sure that doesn't happen.
I've never been there (yet), but I'm sure there are many women in CS who oppose the murder of the unborn, just like there are around the rest of the country. I'm guessing Herpin will get many a vote from women.
 
Old 08-27-2013, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Colorado
1,969 posts, read 1,977,782 times
Reputation: 1724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxie Girl View Post
I've never been there (yet), but I'm sure there are many women in CS who oppose the murder of the unborn, just like there are around the rest of the country. I'm guessing Herpin will get many a vote from women.
That's the spirit; need to return the servant class to the back alleys where they belong. And state government must submit to the NRA. Who do they think is in charge??
 
Old 08-27-2013, 03:30 PM
 
20,847 posts, read 39,070,515 times
Reputation: 19080
Well, we've long since stopped discussing the recall and have gotten into other issues.

I'll reopen this one when the election is over, at which time everyone may take their parting shot before I deep six this thread.
__________________
- Please follow our TOS.
- Any Questions about City-Data? See the FAQ list.
- Want some detailed instructions on using the site? See The Guide for plain english explanation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top