U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 04:28 PM

1,312 posts, read 6,902,628 times

Advertisements

Sandycat - I am neither Christian nor Conservative but I enjoy it here. I have several pagan friends (I'm not that either), Christian friends, agnostics, military, construction, Olympic support, etc...as C Springs grows it's becoming more diverse. But yeah, it's still conservative and such.

I would rather live in a smaller town though and that's what I plan on doing.

Oh and I have lived in C Springs, Grand Junction Denver and back to C Springs. My favorite by far has been Grand Junction because it's very laid back, the geology is incredible and hardly any winds. Well, there are other things too.

:-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2006, 08:38 AM

2 posts, read 13,089 times
Default Bedroom community Windsor, CO

Hello, My husband and I moved to Windsor, CO in 1978 and loved it. At the time there were only 4000 people living there. Windsor is a perfect commute to several towns in the northern part of Colorado. The town is more affordable than the surrounding towns and it gives you a comfy cozy feeling. Again depending on your needs Fort Collins would be my second choice. We lived there as well. It is a town that makes you feel young, energetic, optimistic, safe, and simply full of life. I always look forward to my visits with family in the area. I moved back to New England which too is awesome because of the ocean and simply beautiful too. The fact of the matter is, like I always have told my children and my grandchildren no matter where you live it is what you make of it. There are a lot more great communities in this country than bad. So go where your heart and means initially take you and explore from there. Another thing I always say, is it is easier to find a job you really want when you already have one. The same applies here. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

Old 10-19-2006, 01:53 PM

2 posts, read 4,835 times
Depending on your circumstances, you might want to check the Douglas County area or the Cherry Creek school district. Both have great schools for your son. I am partial to Douglas County because I live there, but there are many wonderful places to live in Denver.

[moderator cut]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 10-19-2006 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: No advertising here. Place a free business profile at http://www.city-data.com/profiles/add

Old 12-04-2006, 12:33 AM

7 posts, read 26,109 times
traffic is horrible in CO Springs

Old 12-05-2006, 06:18 PM

2 posts, read 7,943 times
ello dmtrat,
I am also looking to relocate to the beautiful state of Colorado. I had been looking at other nearby states but Colorado seems like a wonderful new start for me. I am planning on a visiting in the spring to look at properties with a realtor. I have been living in my home in Temecula California for 20 years. My daughter in going to start college in the fall of 2007. Thank you to everyone on this site for all of there useful and insightful knowledge of the many different Colorado communities

Old 12-07-2006, 01:18 PM

11 posts, read 64,422 times
Smile movin to Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie Miller View Post
ello dmtrat,
I am also looking to relocate to the beautiful state of Colorado. I had been looking at other nearby states but Colorado seems like a wonderful new start for me. I am planning on a visiting in the spring to look at properties with a realtor. I have been living in my home in Temecula California for 20 years. My daughter in going to start college in the fall of 2007. Thank you to everyone on this site for all of there useful and insightful knowledge of the many different Colorado communities
One word for a great place in Co. close to the city and near a new ski area right in this town,, EVERGREEN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or