U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 06:25 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,409 posts, read 39,766,906 times

Advertisements

Powell, Cody or Sheridan WY (no income tax state with EXCELLENT school funding and REALLY nice helpful people) would be my choice (or Bozeman, MT) if you need closer to airport. Sturgis, or Spearfish, South Dakota also a good choice. (No state income tax in SD either, but poorer schools (SD vs. national average is poor due to poverty / NA reservations))

Colorado...Masonville is where I grew up, and it is quite nice, but quite over-run by Ft Collins people looking for a place to hike. (Was all ranches when I was a kid, and we rode all of it many times on our horses), no Mtn Bikes or snooty, yuppie, hikers. For east slope I would still consider Masonville, Estes Park or Woodland Park.

I would focus on West slope. Probably Glenwood or Steamboat Springs.

Close to an airport AND mtns, wildlife and potentially VERY nice neighbors (if you are lds) = Salt Lake City. Ogden is very nice too. MUCH less crowded than Colorado and better funded state (and not currently a political battleground).

Quote:
Holyoke!!!
Yep, very good place for living amougst nice, helpful people

My dad (as a small kid) was sent to nearby Haxtun during the depression to live with relatives, just talked with them yesterday. VERY nice and helpful people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 12:52 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,597,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Yep, very good place for living amougst nice, helpful people

My dad (as a small kid) was sent to nearby Haxtun during the depression to live with relatives, just talked with them yesterday. VERY nice and helpful people
I was raised in Sterling from age twelve.

Northeastern CO is highly underrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or