U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2006, 07:20 AM

257 posts, read 994,847 times

Advertisements

Where do I fit in? Certainly not in a retirement community YET! Still thinking CO, or ID somewhere! If u were my age, and didn't have to worry about schools, just worry about cost of living, overall lifestyle, and recreational opportunities......Where would u live? and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 21 days ago)

10,885 posts, read 29,317,265 times
What do you like & what don't you like? Anywhere could work for you, it all depends on what you want, what you are willing to spend, what you do for a living, and what your big dreams are.

Define those and everyone here can have the opportunity to help you.

Old 10-14-2006, 09:53 AM

6 posts, read 36,147 times
Default Golden Retirement

Colorado sounds ideal. Heard they are finding more gold and other precious minerals there recently. Buy government land on a mining land contract and do gold-panning for fun. All that mountain walking would certainly be good exercise!

Old 10-15-2006, 09:00 PM

649 posts, read 2,691,756 times
If you enjoy the outdoors and the mountains, then Colorado is the place for you! There is so much to do here. We go camping, fishing, hiking, mountain biking. The list could go on and on. It truly does depend on your hobbies! BASHEP

Old 10-16-2006, 11:41 PM

431 posts, read 1,009,739 times
Idaho is colder and has much less sunshine in the winters. For example, Boise has around 24% sunshine in the winters, compared to 70% in most of Colorado. However, if you don't mind that then Idaho is a great place to live and there is a lot of variety to choose from.

Colorado has much more congestion, many more people per square mile, pollution and smog. The people are healthier, more active, and are the leanest population in the country. Land is much more expensive, the lots are small, and there are a lot of two story houses crammed together on small lots. Colorado is more restrictive. You won't be able to drill a well if your property is deemed available to city water, regardless of the cost.

Old 10-16-2006, 11:52 PM

2,814 posts, read 12,060,063 times
I'm single and 43 and had researched the country over two years to figure out where I wanted to live. I had last lived in Las Vegas and was managing in a corporate job, had come to a decision to break free, and I sold my house there last June and drove to Missouri, kept my household in storage for eight months and lived in an Extended Stay America (much longer than I thought I would!) during that time period while looking for the right property for me. I found a beautiful home finally on 4.3 acres with a 2300 sq. ft custom built brick home with all the amenities about six miles north of town. I paid cash, remain debt free, and am absolutely thrilled I made the leap! People are friendly here and I already have more friends than I've ever had before, people I can actually do things with, plus, it's much cheaper here in every way and the beauty is breathtaking. 2bindenver has it right, go where you want to go. Visit an area that appeals to you. Research it on the internet and learn all you can about it. Then, do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or