U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 07:31 AM

7,335 posts, read 16,602,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal77 View Post
I'm moving from Florida to Fort Collins in one week. I sold my boat a year ago.

It's laughable to me that someone would take a 20 foot boat in Horsetooth. I wouldn't buy one, but kudos to the guy who does.

There is something special and different about fresh water boating that we don't have in Florida. No salt, shark, or gators to worry about.

I could see myself getting a wave runner or small boat some day.

If you love boating, do it!
When we lived in Parker, CO, we had a 16' Bowrider and put that on Horsetooth twice one weekend. It fit nicely, just as well as a 20' foot Cuddy I suppose would.

Yes, no salt, gators and deeper lakes along the Front Range. One of the problems with the freshwater lakes in Florida, they are just to shallow for our boat. We like being in at least 40 feet of water and definitely no gators or salt. Seems like every body of water in Florida has gators in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 01:19 PM

20,853 posts, read 39,085,412 times
Let's all get back to the OP's topic of Cost of Living for COLO vs FLA. Thank you.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:31 PM

Well, being that we are no longer fans of Florida, we think that the COL in certain parts of Colorado is lower. Remember, I did say “certain parts”.

Actually, we’ve been living in the northeastern part of Florida since January 2009, and no matter whether Colorado’s COL is high or lower, we will be moving back to there. We fit into Colorado much, much better than here in Florida!

Old 06-06-2018, 02:08 PM

4,801 posts, read 1,350,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Well, being that we are no longer fans of Florida, we think that the COL in certain parts of Colorado is lower. Remember, I did say “certain parts”.

Actually, we’ve been living in the northeastern part of Florida since January 2009, and no matter whether Colorado’s COL is high or lower, we will be moving back to there. We fit into Colorado much, much better than here in Florida!
Yes, you're right, the cost of living will depend on which part of Colorado. Personally, one could not pay me enough to live in a place like Florida. Not only is COL important, but quality of life as well. It must be exciting to know you will be escaping Florida soon.

Old 06-06-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Yes, you're right, the cost of living will depend on which part of Colorado. Personally, one could not pay me enough to live in a place like Florida. Not only is COL important, but quality of life as well. It must be exciting to know you will be escaping Florida soon.
Definitely looking forward to moving back. But, until we move a year from now, we’ll be there next month for a week and to go to CFD in Cheyenne.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:24 PM

4,801 posts, read 1,350,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Definitely looking forward to moving back. But, until we move a year from now, we’ll be there next month for a week and to go to CFD in Cheyenne.
Highway 34 from Loveland to Estes opened last week, btw.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:03 AM

230 posts, read 142,708 times
I'll be moving from Florida to Fort Collins next week.

I've done tons of comparisons. Colorado col is slightly more from all the research I've done. But only slightly.

Our homeowners and auto insurance is around 25% less in Colorado.

Our home sold for pretty much what our new home will cost in Colorado. Actually, the Colorado home is $35k more. We will have a smaller lot though.

Electricity and water will be close, but Colorado is slightly more.

Garbage is much less In Colorado.

Health insurance is much less in Colorado.

Property tax is much less in Colorado.

Food is comparable.

Vehicle tax is way more in Colorado.

State income doesn't exist in Florida, but it's 4.5% i think in Colorado. I'm not looking forward to that, but it's the cost i have to pay.

The only difference I'll notice it's state income tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado