U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 12:55 AM

83 posts, read 125,468 times

Advertisements

No, I actually have to create wealth, save and invest like the rest of the unwashed masses. I also am an agnostic libertarian - socially liberal, adverse to foreign interventions, fiscally conservative, and opposed to big government and the cronyism that follows.

Last edited by contiempo; 08-18-2013 at 01:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 02:02 AM

4,700 posts, read 4,339,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contiempo View Post
COD is autocorrect for CDF as apparently there" is for "their". And I don't care about your saintly mother or her political affiliation. Wall Street is in NY. The issue is unfunded PERA liability that Colorado taxpayers have to bail out for you and mommy.

Also, Goldman Sachs is a huge DNC contributor. Why do you suppose that is? You simply can't make a good argument for PERA largesse. You just point to Wall Street as 2 wrongs making a right.
My mother died years ago. I have no vested interest in PERA myself and I never will. Goldman Sachs gives money to the DNC as protection money. Give Obama enough money and he won't put out any financial regulatory hitmen on the Goldman Sach's bright boys in mortgage derivatives - now currently in hiding with their loot on the Cayman Islands. If you want to make kissy face with these people feel free. Maybe they'll throw you a few scraps to feed your bile.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:23 AM

14,505 posts, read 22,361,359 times
Key members of Goldman Sachs were on Obama's National Finance Committee.

If we learned ONE THING from "Inside Job" it's that both "sides" were/are responsible for this global financial mess.

From Ronald Reagan to Clinton to the Bush's to Obama, look who they've appointed to their cabinet with regards to finance.

"Politicians should serve just two terms... one in office and one in prison." -a bumper sticker I saw recently.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
My mother died years ago. I have no vested interest in PERA myself and I never will. Goldman Sachs gives money to the DNC as protection money. Give Obama enough money and he won't put out any financial regulatory hitmen on the Goldman Sach's bright boys in mortgage derivatives - now currently in hiding with their loot on the Cayman Islands. If you want to make kissy face with these people feel free. Maybe they'll throw you a few scraps to feed your bile.
Your arguments are poor, as is your attempt to change the subject. I have never worked or even met someone who worked in investment banking. But I will invest in a pension plan with 8% contribution for 30 years with a defined benefit at 100% of my salary for life. Why can't I "invest" in PERA?

Old 08-18-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Your arguments are poor, as is your attempt to change the subject. I have never worked or even met someone who worked in investment banking. But I will invest in a pension plan with 8% contribution for 30 years with a defined benefit at 100% of my salary for life. Why can't I "invest" in PERA?
I gave you the information to correct your misperceptions and you are taking everything I post literally. This doesn't help you make points for your side of the discussion. Let's stay on topic and go back to what you wrote in your OP:

How much longer will Colorado taxpayers stand for this?

[link to Rosen article]Rosen: Court ruling on PERA keeps taxpayers in the dark - The Denver Post

This really pisses me off. This is corruption plain and simple.

The Rosen article was an editorial OPINION, not investigative journalism. You agree with this opiniom without backing up why you have come to be in agreement, other than to label PERA as "corrupt."

davebarnes pointed out the fallacy of your assumption: [i]Your presumption of corruption is wrong...
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
corrupt = guilty of dishonest practices, as bribery; lacking integrity; crooked

Not one bit of corruption has been uncovered with PERA.

Gaming the system, probably.
Poorly written eligibility rules, probably.

The legislature can fix all of this. Write your reps.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 08-18-2013 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: Fixing the quote, n'est pas?

Old 08-18-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

"Politicians should serve just two terms... one in office and one in prison." -a bumper sticker I saw recently.
I LOVE that! Maybe I'll put that sticker on my own truck bumper even though I don't generally plaster my vehicle with the things.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:59 AM

No need to argue further. My second post explains my opinion well. This is of course my opinion as this is not a news report. Your straw man Wall Street argument was very bogus. And your opinion is quite biased to boot. You failed to ever address the core issue.

Good day.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:21 PM

20,853 posts, read 39,085,412 times
A lot of people in this country need to grow the hell up and recognize that Wall Street, et al, donate heavily to BOTH parties, so that no matter who wins, they have their 'in' with the winners. Whining about Wall Street is pointless and so is whining about whoever is in the white house at any given time.

PERA isn't the only pension fund that's coming up short, there are hundreds of public and private pension funds in the same boat. Tons of corporate pension funds were ripped off by Wall Street's leveraged buyouts since the 1980's, so that guys like Mitt Romney can have their stinking garage elevators and fat bank accounts in offshore havens. What a country! Steal the working man's pension and live the lavish life. Tons more of failed airline pension funds have been picked up by the PBGA because our vaunted corporate world is more often than not run by people I wouldn't let scrub my ass.

Our governments are the only thing holding this country together; without them we will sink into street warfare like Syria.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:01 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,851,170 times
Quote:
Rosen is hardly a far-right extremist.
Oh please, pull your head out of the sand.

The guy has been a guest host for Rush Limbaugh. This is just more Tea Party nonsese.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:07 PM

14,505 posts, read 22,361,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I LOVE that! Maybe I'll put that sticker on my own truck bumper even though I don't generally plaster my vehicle with the things.
I don't either because you can't really take them off. But if I did have that bumper sticker, it would be right next to one that said

Quote:
Danger! I drive like you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or