U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 11:15 AM

4,697 posts, read 4,337,002 times

Advertisements

Whatever, dudes. It's your funeral, not mine. I have better things to do than try to explain the quality of the light in the mountains right at that horizon event between dusk and dark to people who are color blind. I've done whatever civic duty I may owe my fellow man. I hope things work out for the younger folk, but things probably won't. Carry on.

Yours,
Rambler

PS @CosmicWizard: you seem like a pretty together person in most respects. Mark Twain is dead. Don't get yourself into trouble wandering off after him into the 19th century. Best wishes - Rambler

Old 09-08-2013, 07:08 PM

7,764 posts, read 16,843,278 times
^What Twain was saying in the 19th century still applies today.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
^What Twain was saying in the 19th century still applies today.
Twain's wit and social commentary are timeless. His scientific expertise is non existant, but that's cool. I'm not trying to convert you to a new religion or save your soul. You think for yourself and I won't argue with that.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:10 PM

wannerro wrote: Here we are again back to Global Cooling now, let the hysteria begin:
Global cooling: Arctic ice caps grows by 60% against global warming predictions | Mail Online

When will the climate predicting scientists simply admit they have no idea what the weather will be in the future. Personally, I'm inclined to believe in global warming, but I readily admit that I may be totally wrong. What will be, will be.....whatever it may be!

Releasing the energy of fossil fuels that were millions of years in the making, in a matter of 150 to 200 years seems like it would have some serious repercussions. I think we are currently experiencing those repercussions. Wether the climate is cooling down OR heating up, I don't think we will like the outcome either way. We have dishonored Momma Gaia, and she is letting us know about our irresponsible behaviour.

"Yes, the planet got destroyed. But for a beautiful moment in time we created a lot of value for shareholders."

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 09-08-2013 at 09:03 PM..

Old 09-08-2013, 09:28 PM

3,296 posts, read 8,426,113 times
Quote:
wannerro wrote: Here we are again back to Global Cooling now, let the hysteria begin:
Global cooling: Arctic ice caps grows by 60% against global warming predictions | Mail Online

When will the climate predicting scientists simply admit they have no idea what the weather will be in the future. Personally, I'm inclined to believe in global warming, but I readily admit that I may be totally wrong. What will be, will be.....whatever it may be!

Releasing the energy of fossil fuels that were millions of years in the making, in a matter of 150 to 200 years seems like it would have some serious repercussions. I think we are currently experiencing those repercussions. Wether the climate is cooling down OR heating up, I don't think we will like the outcome either way. We have dishonored Momma Gaia, and she is letting us know about our irresponsible behaviour.

"Yes, the planet got destroyed. But for a beautiful moment in time we created a lot of value for shareholders."
I definitely agree with the statement in bold, Cosmic. It will just be a matter of time before we humans become extinct like so many other species who simply couldn't survive with dwindling resources.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:53 AM

493 posts, read 702,167 times
even we "color blind" (red/green in my case) people can appreciate the aesthetics of natural auras, music and sense-soul mysteries inherent in human/nature relationships. we just apprehend them in different shades of the rainbow than some other folks.

you, idunn, jazz, etc. are doing a terrific job describing your unique, sometimes poetic, always passionate, aesthetics of this incredible bioregion. please keep it up. perhaps we can all figure out some ways to mitigate (maybe even reverse) the ravages of so-called civilization. there are many like us all over this land striving for that kind of wisdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Whatever, dudes. It's your funeral, not mine. I have better things to do than try to explain the quality of the light in the mountains right at that horizon event between dusk and dark to people who are color blind. I've done whatever civic duty I may owe my fellow man. I hope things work out for the younger folk, but things probably won't. Carry on.

Yours,
Rambler

PS @CosmicWizard: you seem like a pretty together person in most respects. Mark Twain is dead. Don't get yourself into trouble wandering off after him into the 19th century. Best wishes - Rambler

Last edited by highplainsrus; 09-09-2013 at 06:16 AM..

Old 09-09-2013, 11:35 AM

9,830 posts, read 19,535,023 times
Quote:

What has been used is a tiny faction of what is actually down there.

As we have already seen, one big volcano eruption has more disruption than anything.

I also don't believe all this stuff about the planet being destroyed. A good percentage of it is still empty and sparse and it's often better looking in some areas thanks to man.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:49 AM

wanneroo wrote: I also don't believe all this stuff about the planet being destroyed.

Everyone can believe whatever they want to believe for better or worse. The reality however, is that we act as if with our beliefs are how things really are. Those who choose to believe in a manner similar to your own are more apt to act irresponsibly ( my judgement! ) toward the environment, believing that their actions cause no harm to the environment. They are the ones most likely to see any mention of green as a leftist scam.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
wanneroo wrote: I also don't believe all this stuff about the planet being destroyed.

Everyone can believe whatever they want to believe for better or worse. The reality however, is that we act as if with our beliefs are how things really are. Those who choose to believe in a manner similar to your own are more apt to act irresponsibly ( my judgement! ) toward the environment, believing that their actions cause no harm to the environment. They are the ones most likely to see any mention of green as a leftist scam.
Those big solar energy corporations are destroying the planet with their corporate greed. Only just yesterday, I saw yet another poor, duped Coloradan put in solar panels and go off the grid. Is there no justice? Where oh where will it EVER end?

Old 09-09-2013, 03:26 PM

If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research... ~Einstein~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado