Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 01:49 AM

15,430 posts, read 10,350,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewest View Post
We are as much a part of the natural world as any other critter. Some animals build hives, some build nests, we build butt-ugly housing developments. Our ability to reason, create, build, and fix (or destroy) things is as natural as any other critter's activities. We make plenty of mistakes, but our ingenuity far outweighs our screw-ups. Fix where we can, let nature fix where we can't, and stop it with the anti-human crap.
I'm not so sure, those spruce beetles are putting up a pretty good fight. I've been staining my deck and they not only have the nerve to walk across the wet deck, but they also prance across my brushes, the lid to the can of stain, etc.. It's like they are daunting me. I've probably lost 1/4 of my trees.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:34 AM

148 posts, read 222,941 times
elan - they are probably members of the spruce beetle gang. This is their way of putting graffiti on your deck. I hate it when that happens.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:37 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,575,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
This is spot on, especially your last paragraph. I sure hope we can do something about this, but I'm afraid that doing something is probably too late.
I believe the earth is far too complex and involved for humans to have the single brainpower to mastermind and control what it does. Same with the sun.

For one thing the biggest messiahs I have seen preaching all this climate doom and gloom like obama, are the biggest idiots around that don't know a damn thing about anything and they are the last people you would want running your life and especially the worlds climate.

Just to show how misaligned some are with reality take riding your bike compared to driving a car. These days with modern emissions in some cases the cars put cleaner air out the tailpipe than what comes in. Yet here comes the bike rider huffing and puffing along for miles sucking oxygen out of the air and exhaling volumes of CO2.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:04 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,650,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I believe the earth is far too complex and involved for humans to have the single brainpower to mastermind and control what it does. Same with the sun.

For one thing the biggest messiahs I have seen preaching all this climate doom and gloom like obama, are the biggest idiots around that don't know a damn thing about anything and they are the last people you would want running your life and especially the worlds climate.

Just to show how misaligned some are with reality take riding your bike compared to driving a car. These days with modern emissions in some cases the cars put cleaner air out the tailpipe than what comes in. Yet here comes the bike rider huffing and puffing along for miles sucking oxygen out of the air and exhaling volumes of CO2.
Okay, so you lost me after the first sentence. I get that you don't like Obama, but come on. The entire scientific community is in agreement about climate change. This isn't just a democratic party agenda!

Are you kidding about the bicycle rider?!?! I mean seriously, you have to be joking!

Old 08-28-2013, 11:21 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,925,448 times
Those damn bicycle riders are the real cause of global warming! Everyone last one of em oughta trade in their bicycles for a brand new Hummer.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:46 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,884,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

DEATH to the bike riders, the hikers, the joggers, and those who would stroll any mountain trail. Only the automobile with its ability to prurify the air should be allowed!

Whatever you're smoking, I'd like a few hits!

Old 08-28-2013, 03:11 PM

148 posts, read 222,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
... The entire scientific community is in agreement about climate change...
Not true. There are plenty of scientific dissenters. You just do not hear them. If you do, they are quickly attacked as being a mouth piece for big oil, or some other political nonsense. Many have even had their funding cut. As a result, others have become "silenced" for fear of losing their funding or being bullied. The best example is that guy who published data showing a high correlation between warming cycles and sun spot cycles. The patterns were almost identical. His findings were rejected by all the prominent journals. Had to publish in some obscure journal. Then, lost funding shortly after. Now the "bullies" have joined forces to squash this idea, calling it a myth. I saw the data. It was solid. You can find it if you look hard enough. I think it was from the Max Planck Institute. The institutions of science have been rolled. Forget about objective thinking. Gone.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:06 PM

2,174 posts, read 4,260,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Those damn bicycle riders are the real cause of global warming!
No, it's the cows. Didn't everyone read that article?
HowStuffWorks "Do cows pollute as much as cars?"

Old 08-28-2013, 04:18 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,884,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewest View Post
Not true. There are plenty of scientific dissenters. You just do not hear them. If you do, they are quickly attacked as being a mouth piece for big oil, or some other political nonsense. Many have even had their funding cut. As a result, others have become "silenced" for fear of losing their funding or being bullied. The best example is that guy who published data showing a high correlation between warming cycles and sun spot cycles. The patterns were almost identical. His findings were rejected by all the prominent journals. Had to publish in some obscure journal. Then, lost funding shortly after. Now the "bullies" have joined forces to squash this idea, calling it a myth. I saw the data. It was solid. You can find it if you look hard enough. I think it was from the Max Planck Institute. The institutions of science have been rolled. Forget about objective thinking. Gone.
Please provide us with the name of "the guy." Second or third hand anecdotal accounts of research done by someone only identified as "the guy" is hardly convincing.

Try again.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:05 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,618,465 times
Here is a good lecture on global warming...

Professor Bob Carter torpedoes the "scientific consensus" on the climate HOAX - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado