U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 02:34 PM

493 posts, read 701,760 times

Advertisements

didn't quite work out as hoped. Fremont County banned recreational sales/growing.
Canon City seemed a bit more receptive, but went for a moratorium to buy time to figure it out.
don't know about Trinidad yet. they need the tax money, but mayor solidly against it.

looks like home-grow (where to get seeds,clones?), medical cannabis and generosity of friends/family will be the norm for southern Colorado seniors until the fear/propaganda passes, tax greed kicks in and new elections are held. the black market won't go away until then.

Denver and Nederland might be the only places ready for stores in Jan. who's up for a chartered bus or limo ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highplainsrus View Post
Canon City - the Colorado senior "sweet spot"?

Marijuana a hot topic this week for Fremont County, Canon City Council - Canon City Daily Record

"In a memorandum from Havens to Mayor Tony Greer and the council, he said a consensus of council members who attended the Aug. 21 meeting suggests that the council is likely to permit retail marijuana establishments and to "consider various forms of regulation after careful study of applicable laws and regulations and an analysis of social and financial benefits and impacts that are likely to be associated with allowing retail marijuana establishments to be operated within the city.""

fyi - Trinidad city council is voting on it today - extend their moratorium or go for the green-gold?
http://trinidad.co.gov/pages/governm...3%20Agenda.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 03:37 PM

looks like Salida will allow a couple of retail stores in Jan.

Council approves commercial pot growing in city - TheMountainMail.com: News

Old 09-04-2013, 05:23 PM

7,764 posts, read 16,835,798 times

highplainsrus wrote:
Denver and Nederland might be the only places ready for stores in Jan. who's up for a chartered bus or limo ride?

No need for that in my case anyway. Back in May, I was dealing with a painful case of The Shingles Virus. I didn't want to subject my body to the Percocet pain killer that was prescribed. So, I got a medical mj card. It worked like a charm for the pain. With my very infrequent use, the $70 purchase that I made at the Palisade dispensary, will last me several years. With todays greater potency, a little bit goes a long, long way. I cut a normal tootsie roll like edible dose into quarters, and that's just right for me. The first time I cut it in half, and that was too much for me. A little bit goes a long long way! No need for a trip to the big city.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post

highplainsrus wrote:

No need for that in my case anyway. Back in May, I was dealing with a painful case of The Shingles Virus. I didn't want to subject my body to the Percocet pain killer that was prescribed. So, I got a medical mj card. It worked like a charm for the pain. With my very infrequent use, the $70 purchase that I made at the Palisade dispensary, will last me several years. With todays greater potency, a little bit goes a long, long way. I cut a normal tootsie roll like edible dose into quarters, and that's just right for me. The first time I cut it in half, and that was too much for me. A little bit goes a long long way! No need for a trip to the big city.
i know what you mean. hope the recreational market doesn't disrupt the medical clients too much as the mmj shops convert. and the race to the most potent strains is a bit unnecessary. plenty of us are happy with moderate-to-low thc levels. hard to slow down those young entrepreneurs and the big business that will inevitably follow, though.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:29 AM

of course, pueblo county (outside pueblo city) is also allowing rec mj stores,
as are some of the ski resorts.

the pueblo motels did reduce their rates, about half, after the fair.
pretty reasonable for extended stay now, west of the i25/us50 interchange.
can scout west to canon city and high mountains or up to COS and further north from there.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:55 AM

southern colorado seniors, soothe your munchies in Pueblo Sep. 20-22 at the Chile & Frijoles Festival, while quenching your thirst with the famous Pueblo water. although, if the chiles are hot, milk might be a good option. who among us can resist a nice cold glass of milk?

Loaf 'N Jug Chile & Frijoles Festival in Pueblo, Colorado - An annual festival of food, fun and chile peppers in Pueblo, Colorado

Pueblo's Water System

Old 09-06-2013, 11:02 AM

2,591 posts, read 5,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highplainsrus View Post
. . . soothe your munchies. . .
Speaking of soothing munchies, are any Coloradans producing this?

Wake N' Bacon: Seattle Butcher Sells Pot-Infused Pork
Quote:
Pike Place Market butcher William Von Schneidau calls his latest creation the "pot pig."

And it's exactly what it sounds like: Von Schneidau, owner of BB Ranch Meats, has teamed up with local marijuana grower Top Shelf Organic to raise pigs fed on pot plants.

The so-called "pot-bellied porkers" are then turned into marijuana-infused bacon.

"It just got so popular we ran out of meat," von Schneidau recalled.

Though the weed does produce "redder and more savory" pigs, von Schneidau says the bacon itself won't get you high.

"I ate it and I don't feel a damn difference," von Schneidau told WLS-TV.

It's unclear if von Schneidau plans to make an additional batch of the "baked" bacon, but the man who once pumped a pig full of vodka says he's definitely not done experimenting. . .

Old 09-07-2013, 10:30 AM

14,495 posts, read 22,337,836 times
Quote:
It's unclear if von Schneidau plans to make an additional batch of the "baked" bacon, but the man who once pumped a pig full of vodka says he's definitely not done experimenting.
A man after my own heart... another willing to admit that they'd drink the stuff right out of a pig's ear.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:41 PM

2,591 posts, read 5,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
A man after my own heart... another willing to admit that they'd drink the stuff right out of a pig's ear.
That's quite the way to get "sow"sed.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:12 PM

Trinidad seems to be in the final stages of decisions about medical and recreational cannabis, while it prepares for the upcoming Mayor/City Council election that will likely affect the outcome. Sep. 17 is the next important meeting. Many folks are probably unconcerned about the little "gateway to Colorado", but the issue has regional significance to southern Colorado, New Mexico, and other nearby states.

here are a couple of City Council meeting videos where they fumble around with the issues and related clerical/procedural matters. the voting split is pretty obvious.

Amendment 64 in Trinidad - Around Southern Colorado News, Business, Deals - Around Southern Colorado News, Business, Deals

here is another report on the recent meeting

Trinidad community discusses future of marijuana sales | News - Home

here are the Council meeting agendae and minutes

http://trinidad.co.gov/pages/government/default.html

Last edited by highplainsrus; 09-14-2013 at 01:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado