U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 07:30 AM

7,233 posts, read 6,426,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalimony View Post
I can't believe how many naive people there are around this issue.

Pot is *not* legal in Colorado, Washington, or anywhere else in the US. It is still a prohibited drug on Schedule I of the DEA's list of prohibited drugs, along with ecstacy, LSD, heroin, and peyote.

If you don't like that, I suggest you write your federal elected officials. Until Marijuana is LEGAL, I certainly wouldn't make a life choice to move somewhere based on an illusion that people are going to be sitting around smoking it freely. Obama is going to make sure that doesn't happen. You may be surprised to know that Obama has directed the DEA to raid *many* more pot dispensaries than George Bush or any other president.

Please look closely at the drug classifications. Pot is Schedule I with the highest penalties, theoretically becasue it is extremely dangerous. Oxycontin, cocaine and METH are Schedule II !!! Vicodin is Schedule III and Valium is Schedule IV !!!!

Seriously folks, these are the rules that govern us. YOUR anointed savior, Mr. Obama, could change this with the stroke of his pen, but he refuses. Think about that the next time you hear him speak and think he is "for the people".

Schedule I
Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:
heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote
Schedule II
Schedule II drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a high potential for abuse, less abuse potential than Schedule I drugs, with use potentially leading to severe psychological or physical dependence. These drugs are also considered dangerous. Some examples of Schedule II drugs are:
[CENTER]cocaine, methamphetamine, methadone, hydromorphone (Dilaudid), meperidine (Demerol), oxycodone (OxyContin), fentanyl, Dexedrine, Adderall, and Ritalin
Schedule III
Schedule III drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a moderate to low potential for physical and psychological dependence. Schedule III drugs abuse potential is less than Schedule I and Schedule II drugs but more than Schedule IV. Some examples of Schedule III drugs are:
Combination products with less than 15 milligrams of hydrocodone per dosage unit (Vicodin), Products containing less than 90 milligrams of codeine per dosage unit (Tylenol with codeine), ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone
Schedule IV
Schedule IV drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a low potential for abuse and low risk of dependence. Some examples of Schedule IV drugs are:
Xanax, Soma, Darvon, Darvocet, Valium, Ativan, Talwin, Ambien
Schedule V
Schedule V drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with lower potential for abuse than Schedule IV and consist of preparations containing limited quantities of certain narcotics. Schedule V drugs are generally used for antidiarrheal, antitussive, and analgesic purposes. Some examples of Schedule V drugs are:
cough preparations with less than 200 milligrams of codeine or per 100 milliliters (Robitussin AC), Lomotil, Motofen, Lyrica, Parepectolin
honesty I couldn't care less about the federal government's or any other government's 'drug wars' .. I find it silly that they card anyone who looks under 35 just to buy alcohol or put money into a slot machine.. such a draconian system to have in place to protect people from themselves. If I was in charge all drugs would be decriminalized, and along with gambling their age of use would be set at 18. If I can fight in the military at 18, I better be able to legally drink or light up.

The more people that think like myself the less their laws actually mean.. like jury nullification.. a bunch of old tards out of touch with the average person or just keeping it illegal for various interests that pay them off. Drug use is far higher than the official establishment will ever admit and it's use has been widespread going back well over 30 years, as one of the guys I work with will attest. Drug laws are like gun laws... people will still find a way to get their hands on them. They only really keep the really 'sheltered' types from getting hold of them.

Just because there is a law doesn't mean it has to be followed to the letter. Rules are NOT rules.. everything is NOT black and white. This post is coming from someone who would pass a drug test too. I find it equally silly that one of the girls I work with has to get other people to buy her Claritan D for her because she reached her 'limit' .. again just stupid. Who cares what other people do in their homes.. nobody should. Let's fill up our prisons so we have the highest prison population per capita in the free world instead. Just dumb.

http://www.prisonstudies.org/info/wo...ory=wb_poprate

At least living in European country if you are caught using a 'harder' drug like cocaine you don't have to worry about a ridiculously long prison sentence like in the US, since their prison sentences in general are shorter. Most European countries have a prison rate of 70-100 out of 100,000 people vs the United States 700 out of 100,000. Someone using marijuana to relax after a hard week at work or using cocaine so they can stay awake to work (as another co-worker I'm with has done in the past) harms nobody. Crime would plummet and the black market would dry up, and prison populations would crash, if these two drugs were legalized and sold at grocery stores alongside tobacco instead of being criminalized.

Last edited by stockwiz; 11-03-2013 at 07:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 03:36 PM

1,246 posts, read 919,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
honesty I couldn't care less about the federal government's or any other government's 'drug wars' .. I find it silly that they card anyone who looks under 35 just to buy alcohol or put money into a slot machine.. such a draconian system to have in place to protect people from themselves. If I was in charge all drugs would be decriminalized, and along with gambling their age of use would be set at 18. If I can fight in the military at 18, I better be able to legally drink or light up.

The more people that think like myself the less their laws actually mean.. like jury nullification.. a bunch of old tards out of touch with the average person or just keeping it illegal for various interests that pay them off. Drug use is far higher than the official establishment will ever admit and it's use has been widespread going back well over 30 years, as one of the guys I work with will attest. Drug laws are like gun laws... people will still find a way to get their hands on them. They only really keep the really 'sheltered' types from getting hold of them.

Just because there is a law doesn't mean it has to be followed to the letter. Rules are NOT rules.. everything is NOT black and white. This post is coming from someone who would pass a drug test too. I find it equally silly that one of the girls I work with has to get other people to buy her Claritan D for her because she reached her 'limit' .. again just stupid. Who cares what other people do in their homes.. nobody should. Let's fill up our prisons so we have the highest prison population per capita in the free world instead. Just dumb.

International Centre for Prison Studies

At least living in European country if you are caught using a 'harder' drug like cocaine you don't have to worry about a ridiculously long prison sentence like in the US, since their prison sentences in general are shorter. Most European countries have a prison rate of 70-100 out of 100,000 people vs the United States 700 out of 100,000. Someone using marijuana to relax after a hard week at work or using cocaine so they can stay awake to work (as another co-worker I'm with has done in the past) harms nobody. Crime would plummet and the black market would dry up, and prison populations would crash, if these two drugs were legalized and sold at grocery stores alongside tobacco instead of being criminalized.
Yeah and there would be crappy hippy jam bands everywhere like Pearl street, more hippy bums trying to get cash at every stop light cuz they cant understand why they cant get a real job cuz they're baked all day, tats everywhere, dredds, and gauged ear rings. But Im sure its the man holding them back.

There are plenty of everyday joes that use weed and its fine no affect. However, CO is going to attract every reject from every other state so they can chill out here.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:45 PM

7,764 posts, read 16,838,766 times
sammy87 wrote: CO is going to attract every reject from every other state so they can chill out here.

Not gonna happen!

Old 11-04-2013, 08:21 PM

493 posts, read 701,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Yeah and there would be crappy hippy jam bands everywhere like Pearl street, more hippy bums trying to get cash at every stop light cuz they cant understand why they cant get a real job cuz they're baked all day, tats everywhere, dredds, and gauged ear rings. But Im sure its the man holding them back.

There are plenty of everyday joes that use weed and its fine no affect. However, CO is going to attract every reject from every other state so they can chill out here.
that's kind of humorous. if the net would have been around forty years ago, the same post might have been written about that counter-culture, many of whom now run the world. twenty years before that, it could have described the beat generation and twenty years before that, the jazz generation.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:03 PM

40 posts, read 162,721 times
Back to the original poster's subject...

I'm betting my money (literally) on Pueblo.

- a "wet" cannabis county surrounded by "dry" cannabis counties, all that tourist revenue and almost no competition in almost the entire bottom half of Colorado.
- a lower altitude, much easier for a two-week cannabis vacation for a tourist from lower altitudes.
- more sunlight then anywhere else in the U.S.! Prime property for solar energy. When gas gets past $4/gal again, everyone will scramble for alternative energy solutions just like last time.
- one of the few consistent sources of water for the old dustbowl areas when the ogallala aquifer runs out.
- a very low cost of living and residential property value. With all of the above, that won't last long, neither will the high unemployment rate.

Pueblo is a sleeping giant.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:10 AM

493 posts, read 701,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alostbard View Post
Back to the original poster's subject...

I'm betting my money (literally) on Pueblo.

- a "wet" cannabis county surrounded by "dry" cannabis counties, all that tourist revenue and almost no competition in almost the entire bottom half of Colorado.
- a lower altitude, much easier for a two-week cannabis vacation for a tourist from lower altitudes.
- more sunlight then anywhere else in the U.S.! Prime property for solar energy. When gas gets past $4/gal again, everyone will scramble for alternative energy solutions just like last time.
- one of the few consistent sources of water for the old dustbowl areas when the ogallala aquifer runs out.
- a very low cost of living and residential property value. With all of the above, that won't last long, neither will the high unemployment rate.

Pueblo is a sleeping giant.
Agreed! now we just have to find the good landlords or buy our own places for living, growing and gathering. my current lease has specific clauses prohibiting cannabis anywhere on the property. whether it's enforced is yet to be seen. of course, nobody is advertising lenient leases. if they did, they would be overrun with applications. the good thing is that $100k and under houses are abundant for those willing to take on a mortgage and the county doesn't seem likely to impose the kind of silly restrictions that Denver is trying. not so sure about Pueblo city when they consider the issue in the spring.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:12 PM

336 posts, read 638,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highplainsrus View Post
the final consumer details about oil are yet to be worked out, i think, but as of Jan, you should be able to walk into a rec mj shop and buy a small quantity of bud, oil, concentrate, and/or edibles on a daily basis. must use it up while in CO or risk search/seizure when exiting the state. will always be subject to DUID (with blood testing) everywhere after using. or stay here for a few months, become a resident, and buy larger quantities (and grow your own bud). as a resident, you might qualify for medical mj and buy/grow even larger quantities at lower prices.
Thank you so much....

Old 11-21-2013, 10:15 PM

599 posts, read 832,697 times
I hate to tell you I told you so, but, well, I told you so:

Feds raid Denver-area marijuana dispensaries, grow operations and homes - The Denver Post

Do you believe me now? Pot is not legal, and "legal" pot will not be tolerated by the Feds. It is a bad pipe dream of a generation of stoners. Please remember who is behind this the next time you vote, and vote Libertarian, or continue choking on the lies of the Democrats and Republicans.

I hope the OP hasn't pulled up roots and moved here yet.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:31 AM

463 posts, read 257,779 times
Your analysis is not correct. The folks that are obeying the local laws were not raided, and are applauding the feds for trying to take out the bad guys. Hundreds of cannabis dispensaries were not touched. The experts in the industry agree the raids were a good thing.

You really need to open your eyes and realize the genie is out of the bottle. It is no longer politically correct to bust pot users, or even suppliers if the suppliers are obeying the local laws.

Even Maine has been added to the list of states that has legalized recreational cannabis.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:12 AM

599 posts, read 832,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
Your analysis is not correct. The folks that are obeying the local laws were not raided, and are applauding the feds for trying to take out the bad guys. Hundreds of cannabis dispensaries were not touched. The experts in the industry agree the raids were a good thing.

You really need to open your eyes and realize the genie is out of the bottle. It is no longer politically correct to bust pot users, or even suppliers if the suppliers are obeying the local laws.

Even Maine has been added to the list of states that has legalized recreational cannabis.

Please use common sense. Here are the eight conditions under which the Feds will not shut down the marijuana industry:

Preventing distribution to minors;
Preventing revenue from marijuana sales from going to criminal enterprises, gangs, and cartels;
Preventing diversion of marijuana from states where it is legal to other states;
Preventing state-authorized marijuana activity from being used as a cover or pretext for the trafficking of other illegal drugs or other illegal activity;
Preventing violence and the use of firearms in the cultivation and distribution of marijuana
Preventing drugged driving and the exacerbation of other adverse public health consequences associated with marijuana use;
Preventing the growing of marijuana on public lands and the attendant public safety and environmental dangers posed by marijuana production on public lands;
Preventing marijuana possession on federal property.

Let's say you are the most upstanding, law-abiding pot seller in Colorado. How on earth can you comply with these eight points? You have no control over 1,3,6 and 8. None.

Ask yourself why the DOJ would include those as conditions for allowing "legal" use of marijuana?

By January 1, 2015, there will be no "legal" marijuana being sold anywhere in the US, medicinal or recreational.

Obama and Holder's handlers won't allow it.

Buy it while you can, because it is not going to last long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado