U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-22-2013, 09:57 AM
 
2,493 posts, read 2,186,249 times
Reputation: 3351

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalimony View Post
Please use common sense. Here are the eight conditions under which the Feds will not shut down the marijuana industry:

Preventing distribution to minors;
Preventing revenue from marijuana sales from going to criminal enterprises, gangs, and cartels;
Preventing diversion of marijuana from states where it is legal to other states;
Preventing state-authorized marijuana activity from being used as a cover or pretext for the trafficking of other illegal drugs or other illegal activity;
Preventing violence and the use of firearms in the cultivation and distribution of marijuana
Preventing drugged driving and the exacerbation of other adverse public health consequences associated with marijuana use;
Preventing the growing of marijuana on public lands and the attendant public safety and environmental dangers posed by marijuana production on public lands;
Preventing marijuana possession on federal property.


Let's say you are the most upstanding, law-abiding pot seller in Colorado. How on earth can you comply with these eight points? You have no control over 1,3,6 and 8. None.

Ask yourself why the DOJ would include those as conditions for allowing "legal" use of marijuana?

By January 1, 2015, there will be no "legal" marijuana being sold anywhere in the US, medicinal or recreational.

Obama and Holder's handlers won't allow it.

Buy it while you can, because it is not going to last long.

I think it is time to put your money where your mouth is. How about a friendly bet?

On Jan 1, 2015, if "recreational" marijuana is NOT available for "legal" purchase in Colorado, I will buy you a case of your favorite micro brew. If it IS legally available, you buy me an eighth ounce of my favorite green.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-22-2013, 12:17 PM
 
463 posts, read 257,779 times
Reputation: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalimony View Post
Ask yourself why the DOJ would include those as conditions for allowing "legal" use of marijuana?
Because those conditions are the politically correct way to try to appease the prohibitionists.

In reality it has nothing to do with those conditions. There are only 2 issues that are in play: Political Correctness and Money.

You appear to still be stuck in the past, where 40 years ago the harder the line you took on drugs the more politically correct you were, so it was easier to get votes. Even if you choose to leave your blinders on you will still not be able to get around the fact that the tide has turned, because now more than 50% of the general public believes that cannabis should be decriminalized. As time goes on more and more politicians will change with this tide because it will get them more votes.

Even more importantly, as sane cannabis users and suppliers prove that society will not crumble in the presence of sane cannabis laws, the large amount of tax money generated will eventually sway even the most stubborn of the unenlightened politicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2013, 12:47 PM
 
20,840 posts, read 39,059,222 times
Reputation: 19074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
Because those conditions are the politically correct way to try to appease the prohibitionists.

In reality it has nothing to do with those conditions. There are only 2 issues that are in play: Political Correctness and Money.

You appear to still be stuck in the past, where 40 years ago the harder the line you took on drugs the more politically correct you were, so it was easier to get votes. Even if you choose to leave your blinders on you will still not be able to get around the fact that the tide has turned, because now more than 50% of the general public believes that cannabis should be decriminalized. As time goes on more and more politicians will change with this tide because it will get them more votes.

Even more importantly, as sane cannabis users and suppliers prove that society will not crumble in the presence of sane cannabis laws, the large amount of tax money generated will eventually sway even the most stubborn of the unenlightened politicians.
As tons of respected GLBTs are coming out of their closets to turn the tide in favor of same sex marriage, so too can we expect well respected people who are MJ users to start coming out of their silence to support legalization, bringing bystanders and undecideds into the ranks of those favoring legalization. Any downsides derived from legalization will be less than the downsides of the war on drugs.

Meanwhile, the FEDs kept their promise to ferret out the bad actors in the MMJ biz by doing some raids this week. Story here. Seems that the places being raided, and the principals, had connection to some cartels and gangs.
__________________
- Please follow our TOS.
- Any Questions about City-Data? See the FAQ list.
- Want some detailed instructions on using the site? See The Guide for plain english explanation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-22-2013 at 12:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2013, 01:51 PM
 
7,281 posts, read 8,835,592 times
Reputation: 11419
Well respected when it comes to same sex and marijuana applies to the former not the later. I guess to support the idea, one has to believe that homosexuality is somehow correlated to use of marijuana. Pretty sure the gays don't see it that way.

Keep smoking, it helps with avoiding reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2013, 09:41 AM
 
3,764 posts, read 7,449,012 times
Reputation: 4022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Well respected when it comes to same sex and marijuana applies to the former not the later. I guess to support the idea, one has to believe that homosexuality is somehow correlated to use of marijuana. Pretty sure the gays don't see it that way.

Keep smoking, it helps with avoiding reality.
It seems you missed Mike's point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2013, 07:20 AM
 
Location: high plains
493 posts, read 701,938 times
Reputation: 455
it is about time to begin more detailed discussions of how cannabis consumers will fare under the "new" Jan regime, especially after Denver's latest restrictions on front-porch/backyard smoking.
rec shops will need to be reviewed. CO visitors will need local information on when and where and how to use with such complicated rules. renters will need information on friendly landlords. no doubt, the state and other authorities will promote their own expensive "information" campaigns, but more informed, unofficial sources of real information will be needed.

the question is - will this City Data Forum be an appropriate place to disseminate such information? it will appear here anyway, but will the moderators allow it to remain? if so, how will they keep the prohibitionist flamers and trolls from taking over? is a "sticky" thread needed? of course, the cops and feds will be lurking....

Last edited by highplainsrus; 12-01-2013 at 07:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2013, 08:11 AM
 
Location: CO
2,591 posts, read 5,987,611 times
Reputation: 3407
Quote:
Originally Posted by highplainsrus View Post
it is about time to begin more detailed discussions of how cannabis consumers will fare. . .
the question is - will this City Data Forum be an appropriate place to disseminate such information?. . . of course, the cops and feds will be lurking....
There surely won't be any lack of discussions anywhere. Our mainstream newspaper, the Denver Post, is already going all out to provide detailed coverage. Marijuana - The Denver Post

They have named Ricardo Baca, who has been the paper's music critic, to be the marijuana editor. Q&A with Ricardo Baca, The Post’s new marijuana editor

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2013, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Western Colorado
11,053 posts, read 12,403,387 times
Reputation: 25951
I wonder if the OP ever found a place to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2013, 10:48 AM
 
20,840 posts, read 39,059,222 times
Reputation: 19074
Quote:
Originally Posted by highplainsrus View Post
it is about time to begin more detailed discussions of how cannabis consumers will fare under the "new" Jan regime, especially after Denver's latest restrictions on front-porch/backyard smoking.
rec shops will need to be reviewed. CO visitors will need local information on when and where and how to use with such complicated rules. renters will need information on friendly landlords. no doubt, the state and other authorities will promote their own expensive "information" campaigns, but more informed, unofficial sources of real information will be needed.

the question is - will this City Data Forum be an appropriate place to disseminate such information? it will appear here anyway, but will the moderators allow it to remain? if so, how will they keep the prohibitionist flamers and trolls from taking over? is a "sticky" thread needed? of course, the cops and feds will be lurking....
This site allows no advertising. Here we can discuss many things about the topic of MJ / MMJ but we cannot let people advertise any sort of MJ business, nor can we allow this site to become the MJ Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau. That's for other sites to do; IIRC there is a local trade group of MMJ dealers who can easily perform such a function.

The local Indy paper has a CannaBiz column and tons of ads; the paper can be read on line for free. They have a place for reader comments but I've no idea how much discussion they would allow on the topic.
__________________
- Please follow our TOS.
- Any Questions about City-Data? See the FAQ list.
- Want some detailed instructions on using the site? See The Guide for plain english explanation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2013, 11:19 AM
 
Location: high plains
493 posts, read 701,938 times
Reputation: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
This site allows no advertising. Here we can discuss many things about the topic of MJ / MMJ but we cannot let people advertise any sort of MJ business, nor can we allow this site to become the MJ Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau. That's for other sites to do; IIRC there is a local trade group of MMJ dealers who can easily perform such a function.

The local Indy paper has a CannaBiz column and tons of ads; the paper can be read on line for free. They have a place for reader comments but I've no idea how much discussion they would allow on the topic.
good synopsis of Forum policy, Mike. thanks.
i'll keep an eye out for other useful forums. most of them so far just degenerate into name-calling and insults or are shamefully over-commercialized or just keyed off of Denver Post articles - not like this one.
i would start one myself, but i've tried moderating before and disliked it (or wasn't good enough at it).

Last edited by highplainsrus; 12-01-2013 at 11:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:42 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top