U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 12:38 PM

20,840 posts, read 39,052,603 times

Advertisements

Sooooo, to answer the OP's question, the ideal place would be Boulder, followed by Denver, but truth is there's a ton of pot in every city here, as it is nationwide, only we're increasingly more open about it.

The OP's budget will determine what location fits them best, until they tell us we can only suggest they check padmapper.com for rentals.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 12:49 PM

409 posts, read 581,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalimony View Post
That is a fact, not an assumption.

Obama has directed the DEA to increase their enforcement against "legal" dispensaries. He has NO intention of changing anything.
It's the "YOUR anointed savior" bit. I know a lot of people who voted for Obama, but none that thought he was anointed or a savior. Once you say that, nobody is paying attention to anything else you have to say.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:03 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,008,600 times
Quote:
Anyone pulling up roots and moving to Colorado becasue they think pot is "legal" here is making a stupid life decision, and needs this information. Here, I'll answer her question: NOWHERE in Colorado are you ever going to see pot openly being smoked in pot shops or coffee shops or cafes or anywhere else for more than a short period of time. Pot is a Schedule I controlled substance under Federal Law, and YOUR elected Federal officials have taken an oath to the Constitution to uphold the laws of the United States.

There are over 10,000 DEA agents in the US, and tens of thousands more other Federal enforcement officials. They will send letters to each dispensary telling them they have one week to shut down or be arrested under Federal drug trafficking laws. A week later, they will start arresting those who didn't shut down. It doesn't take an army. They don't need to bust every user to kill the industry, they just bust the dispensaries. Obama is already doing this anyway:

Obama's War on Pot | Politics News | Rolling Stone
Marijuana IS consumed routinely in public in Colorado, guess you don't get out much. Now more than ever. Just a few days back practically got a contact high from THC filled clouds in Aspen in front of the police station. I see people lighting up openly everywhere. Colorado is ground zero for the Kind BUD. Where do live, on the kansas border?

Old 08-24-2013, 01:17 PM

599 posts, read 832,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Marijuana IS consumed routinely in public in Colorado, guess you don't get out much. Now more than ever. Just a few days back practically got a contact high from THC filled clouds in Aspen in front of the police station. I see people lighting up openly everywhere. Colorado is ground zero for the Kind BUD. Where do live, on the kansas border?
Right. Try firing one up in a restaurant or other commercial business and see how long it takes to be thrown out on your ass.

The OP wanted to know where she could hang with her buds (both kinds) in a coffee shop or commercial social setting. The answer is nowhere. Not today, not January 1, 2014. Sure, you can stand on the sidewalk in Aspen and pass around a doob. You can't light up in a public commercial space because ALL smoking is banned in public commercial spaces except for exempt tobacco shops. I went to a concert in Denver recently and they literally had an army of ushers running up and down the aisles warning people to put out their joints and pipes. You *never* saw that in the 70's.

Try firing up in Colorado Springs, Boulder, Grand Junction...hell, you can't even smoke tobacco on the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:37 PM

409 posts, read 581,928 times
Quote:
Right. Try firing one up in a restaurant or other commercial business and see how long it takes to be thrown out on your ass.

The OP wanted to know where she could hang with her buds (both kinds) in a coffee shop or commercial social setting. The answer is nowhere. Not today, not January 1, 2014. Sure, you can stand on the sidewalk in Aspen and pass around a doob. You can't light up in a public commercial space because ALL smoking is banned in public commercial spaces except for exempt tobacco shops. I went to a concert in Denver recently and they literally had an army of ushers running up and down the aisles warning people to put out their joints and pipes. You *never* saw that in the 70's.

Try firing up in Colorado Springs, Boulder, Grand Junction...hell, you can't even smoke tobacco on the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder.
I've only been in Colorado Springs a month, and I've already seen people doing it at sidewalk cafes downtown. *shrug*

Old 08-24-2013, 04:37 PM

9,961 posts, read 6,263,818 times
Nederland

Old 08-24-2013, 07:28 PM

30 posts, read 39,046 times
Lightbulb Care to make a friendly wager on that?

Quote:
I think it is very likely that recreational and MMJ use will be shut down next year. The Feds have been looking for a reason to shut down MMJ for years without looking like meanies. Recreational laws give them a reason. They'll just claim the entire marijuana growing industry is criminal, and it will all be gone.
Now i'm not suggesting any gambling with money or anything illegal.... just... when they don't shut down recreational and MMJ use next year.... can I get you to wear a jack ass costume on a busy street downtown that repeats your quote and you have to bray loudly for like five minutes? And certainly if they do, shut em down, BOOOM just like you 'think' then I will dress as a marijuana cigarette, with my affirmation that you're an idiot for thinking that, and cough loudly for five minutes on a busy street downtown....

Whaddaya say? I'm a woman of my word. I pay my bets, I expect the people I bet with to do the same. You THINK that's whats gonna happen, are you ready to put your jack ass suit where your mouth is? Come on, bet me, bet me!

Old 08-24-2013, 07:40 PM

Talking Trust me, it won't be my first... :)

Quote:
Anyone pulling up roots and moving to Colorado becasue they think pot is "legal" here is making a stupid life decision, and needs this information.

Let me tell you about a stupid decision. A stupid decision is when you finally get an opportunity to socialize with your own kind... and you don't. It won't last forever you say? BFD... neither will I. I am sixty years old. I am still blessed with excellent health. Before that fades, I'm coming to Colorado. I'm going to get high there every freakin day. I'm going to make friends and get high with them. And if I knew where you lived I'd walk by your house every day with a holy pocket full of seeds. I'd skip by like I was Leo DeCaprio and just Laeaaaaaugh!! But I don't know where you live. Awe. So sad. Oh well.... there's still the pot and my new friends so it's all still good.

You don't ever make mistakes? Seriously? Lighten up. Live a little. Make a mistake now and then.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:53 PM

Smile My budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Sooooo, to answer the OP's question, the ideal place would be Boulder, followed by Denver, but truth is there's a ton of pot in every city here, as it is nationwide, only we're increasingly more open about it.

The OP's budget will determine what location fits them best, until they tell us we can only suggest they check padmapper.com for rentals.

Oh thank you, Mike! I'm an online consultant and make a fair living. I like to pay as little as I can to live in a decent, reasonably safe area, where I can keep my two well housebroken chihuahuas, and my treadmill desk. I come from blue collar stock and I'm most comfortable with the same. At the same time, I'm willing to pay an extra hundred or two a month for a complex that has an indoor pool and hot tub. Cause my joints are getting tender enough to pay a little extra to take care of them.

I'll pay what I have to to meet those goals. Does that help? I'd love to find a place for $500. I'd wince like hell at a $1000 but you know, you pay what you have to. Someone told me Pueblo would be reasonably priced.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:00 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,634,820 times
Quote:
If someone can't see *this* handwriting on the wall, and actually moves here thinking they are entering into pot nirvanaland, I simply can't help them.
Your help is about the last thing anyone here needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado