U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 11:44 PM

14,506 posts, read 22,367,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollie Lollie View Post
Actually I'm exactly what your state needs. You probably have at least five alcoholics who drink and drive on your street all the damn time.
Myth: alcoholics are the only ones who drive drunk and wreck cars and get DUIs. This just isn't so. There are hard drinkers and situational drinkers who get DUIs all the time.

Do you really know that much about alcoholics to cast such judgement on them? Do you think alcoholics make bad choices with booze, are moral defectives, are weak-willed, or just don't care how they affect others? Do you think alcoholics became that way because they drank like pigs and that their fate was avoidable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 06:39 AM

599 posts, read 833,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollie Lollie View Post
I ride my bicycle all the time. I take pictures and I am an owner of two fine high browed Chihuahuas, well one is chiweinie so he's a little low brow, but whatever. I'm just a human being that likes to smoke pot for fun and arthritis. And anyone who thinks badly of it for me is apparently having a bad week, cause really, who would be such a jackass if they weren't having a bad week?

Maybe I didn't convey my vision clearly enough. Here's what I see. I'm sitting in my friend Dawn's apartment where we can see the specific table where the tokers hang out... Then Joe and Tom show up out there and look around at the apts... we hear them "If you snooze you lose, get out here or get left out!" And I'm like "hurry Dawn, they're gonna light up without us!" And ten minutes later we're out there laughing our butts off, exchanging true stories from our past, playing dominos... the radio's on..." NOTICE: Not bothering anyone.

I took this picture of a windblown Card on my deck overlooking Table Rock Lake in Missouri back in 2007.

I'm only going to tell you one more time, then you can come here and be disappointed:

Your "vision" is a dream. A fantasy. It ISN'T legal, and it WON'T HAPPEN.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:20 AM

2,493 posts, read 2,188,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalimony View Post
I'm only going to tell you one more time, then you can come here and be disappointed:

Do you promise! Are you really done with your "be afraid, be very afraid" message?
Because we are tired of hearing it.

Lollie, Welcome to Colorado, your dream does exist.
Just last night, I sat with some friends on my front porch, laughing and celebrating Amendment 64.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:02 AM

1,123 posts, read 2,449,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyinyourradio View Post
Especially if we get a conservative republican as president in 2016, consider it done. Just think if Romney got in there this year, legalization would have already been repealed.
Right, because POTUS can just repeal state amendments. I think you need a civics refresher

Old 08-29-2013, 02:00 PM

3,764 posts, read 7,456,374 times
Lollie, are you & your friend planning on being roommates? With $1000-$2000 combined rental payment you can find a 2 bedroom apartment or condo in quite a number of Colorado towns. Some other suggestions are Crested Butte, since you ride a bike, as everyone rides townie bikes around there; Trinidad, which has a lower cost of living & a Walmart; Manitou Springs, next to Colo Springs for medical, shopping, etc.

Probably what would be best is to drive out to tour a number of towns to really get a good handle on it.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:02 PM

30 posts, read 39,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Myth: alcoholics are the only ones who drive drunk and wreck cars and get DUIs. This just isn't so. There are hard drinkers and situational drinkers who get DUIs all the time.

Do you really know that much about alcoholics to cast such judgement on them? Do you think alcoholics make bad choices with booze, are moral defectives, are weak-willed, or just don't care how they affect others? Do you think alcoholics became that way because they drank like pigs and that their fate was avoidable?

Well, let's see... My father that molested me when I was eleven was so drunk he didn't even know who I was or that I had never heard the words molestation or incest... had to learn em the hard way... thanks Alcohol. My beautiful, precious sweet spirited brother became an alcoholic, yeah he's filled with that evil spirit... no one visits him except early in the morning cause that's the only time David is there, the rest of the time, it's just that damn hateful evil spirit. I quit college and bought a bar to study alcohol when I was 22. I had to get to know this monster better. And what I learned there was freaking terrifying. Regular people, just coming in for a beer and a game of pool, NOT alcoholics at all... and in three months time, or six or ten, everyone is different, I saw so many fall like dominos to the will of that evil spirit... yeah I know it pretty well.

I was up for jury duty in a heartbreaking case, two young women in different cars. The drunk one crossed the line and survived while killing the other one, but not quickly, sadly, not quickly. In that room I saw two mothers with eyes nearly swollen shut from crying and one girl, the defendent, the same. The defense attorney was dressed small town but he was the most expensive lawyer out of Oklahoma city for good reason. While picking the jury he was planting the seed that you know how drunk you are better than someone outside yourself..... right... the others were nodding like they were bobble head dolls. I said no, not right. He came at me with all your arrogance asking questions about my qualifications to speak about such things and it boiled down to "so when you had that bar, what kinda sign told you they were too drunk to drive safely?" And I said, "when they reach to put their elbow on the bar and they miss." His eyes telegraphed how sure he was he was about to crush me... "and how did THAT mean they couldn't drive??" "Because it meant their brain had sent a common command to their arm and it was not able to do what it did every day without a problem. When your body can't do what your brain tells it to, you're no qualified to be in control of a 2000 pound weapon. Funny. He got me right outta there.

I think alcohol is an evil spirit. And everyone who is not already an alcoholic thinks it can't get them, it can't get you, it can't get me.... and I'm right. That son of a b can't get me. Wait, that's not true. It molested me, stole my brother, destroyed years of numerous friends lives, taken friend's lives. I have pity for those who are infested with that evil monster.

When they run the statistics in the states a year or two from now, thanks to marijuana you're going to see important statistical numbers drop in Colorado and Washington, traffic fatalities due to alcohol and not raised anywhere close by marijuana, domestic violence, child molestation, other rapes, bar killings.... and that's gonna be beautiful, cause then Marijuana will be legalized from shore to shore. And there will be less alcohol infesting people. The future's so bright... I have to wear shades.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:23 PM

284 posts, read 618,159 times
Lollie Lollie, you're the type of liberal that people want nothing to do with. Stick with the (small) "circle" you have and move your ass to a place where you're disconnected from the real world and stay there.

You can't have you're cake and eat it too.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalimony View Post

Well honey you're absolutely right, IF the laws in Colorado are MORE draconian than they are here, I will be disappointed. And I'll medicate my disappointment with medical grade marijuana. I'm not sure I'm understanding the downside to that. But you can rest assured that you've done your utmost to warn me about how much unhappier I'm going to be in a state where pot is more legal than it is here. As for pulling up roots... I have worked on the internet for thirteen years and during that time I've moved every year or two. I have no roots.

I'm wondering though... all the work you do here for free... don't you think you should get a job with Colorado's welcoming committee? You seem to me to be a man who has missed his calling.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Bound View Post
Lollie Lollie, you're the type of liberal that people want nothing to do with. Stick with the (small) "circle" you have and move your ass to a place where you're disconnected from the real world and stay there.

You can't have you're cake and eat it too.
I love a good debate. If this is the best you've got, go back the drawing board. You're just embarrassing yourself.

I'm the type of liberal that fox fake news believers want nothing to do with? Am I supposed to be hurt by this? lol Chagrined? Aghast? Change my mind and move somewhere else?

You know the one thing the far right needs is a good comedian. YOU my dear, should apply for that job. Cause debate is not your strong suit. But hey, thanks for playing.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:45 PM

95 posts, read 153,307 times
GOOD NEWS.....FINALLY!

Dateline: 8-29-13

"The Department of Justice said today it will not seek to block or substantially alter adult-use marijuana laws in Colorado and Washington State at this time, a major win for the cannabis industry that signals a tipping point in the government’s approach to the drug.

Attorney General Eric Holder told the governors of both states that the DOJ will take a hands-off approach to the new recreational cannabis programs for now and will work closely with them to ensure regulations on the industry address any federal concerns.

The DOJ also issued new guidelines for federal prosecutors when it comes to enforcing marijuana laws, saying they should focus mainly on crimes such as the distribution of marijuana to minors, driving while intoxicated, drug trafficking by gangs and cartels, and marijuana cultivation on public lands".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado