U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2013, 08:30 AM

1,742 posts, read 2,697,806 times

Advertisements

Been in CB for the Al Johnson Memorial. CBer's know how to have a nice time. (daylife)
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 11:33 AM

546 posts, read 1,494,372 times
My favorite snow town is definitely Crested Butte. If you can work out the financials of course because I'm sure it is crazy expensive to live there! I have been to almost all of the ski areas and resort towns in Colorado. I love Crested Butte for a number of different reasons. First and foremost it is absolutely beautiful. It has a great remote feel to it even though you will be able to find everything you need there or in Gunnison. (In the summer time I believe you can actually get over the mountain pass and get to Telluride which is on the other side of the mountain from Crested Butte-but you may want to research that in more depth). I love the way the dogs run around everywhere and the people in general just seem so happy and friendly. I also really appreciate that the the people in the hospitality industry and the locals in general are very kind and seem genuine. I have never been treated like an annoyance. I also love Breckenridge, Dillon, Summit County but I hate the way I am treated by servers in restaurants, the locals, retail workers, etc. Many of my friends have noticed it as well. Just plain RUDE. As if us tourists or the people from Denver are coming up there and raining on their special mountain life parade. It drives me crazy because most of them would not have a job or be living there if it wasn't for tourists!! I guess that is a rant for another post though. Vail is even worse in that regard in my opinion.

Another really great place to check out is Glenwood Springs. There seem to be a lot of families and people who have "real life" type jobs living there. It is beautiful in it's own right and the gateway to several other gorgeous locations--Aspen, closer to Telluride if you can't live there, etc.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:45 AM

1,742 posts, read 2,697,806 times
Winter01, I think you mean Aspen, not Telluride.
For winter fun see: Elk Mountains Grand Traverse | An extraordinary 40-mile backcountry ski race between the towns of Crested Butte and Aspen, CO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado