Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 08:41 AM

2,253 posts, read 6,970,044 times

Advertisements

One cabin and 2 apartments listed at Places4rent.com.

Aside from the price, hotels are a good short term option. Marriot Residence Inn is listed at $99, Microtel, with AAA, at $59. You can often do better with special offers, many times in person, especially in the winter. Choose too cheap a motel and you'll be penny wise and pound foolish.

You'll find a lot of listings through Google, although many of them are vacation lodging. You might do well enough arranging something short term, just to have a place to go. But if feasible better to look at possible properties in person, preferably even for short term lodging, and certainly for any place actually to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 04:13 PM

4 posts, read 11,250 times
They are building a Costco off of Powers blvd in Colorado Springs. You would have no problem finding mountains allong the front range. If you like hiking you their are alot of trails around the springs. Pikes peak (14110') over looks the Springs and you can hike it, drive it, or take the train to the top. Like somone said you could live in woodland park. That is a nice little town in the mountains. It is not a long commute depending on your idea. Colorado is a great place to live. Try to vist several areas before you decide.

Dean
[ moderator cut ]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-20-2007 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: Realtor advertising not allowed by TOS. See Realtor info in the FAQ Forum.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:30 PM

17 posts, read 49,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Blanchard View Post
They are building a Costco off of Powers blvd in Colorado Springs. You would have no problem finding mountains allong the front range. If you like hiking you their are alot of trails around the springs. Pikes peak (14110') over looks the Springs and you can hike it, drive it, or take the train to the top. Like somone said you could live in woodland park. That is a nice little town in the mountains. It is not a long commute depending on your idea. Colorado is a great place to live. Try to vist several areas before you decide.

Dean
[ moderator cut ]
Thank you for your input. do you know roughly how long the commute is from woodland to the springs?

Old 11-20-2007, 07:19 PM

4 posts, read 11,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daskuppler View Post
Thank you for your input. do you know roughly how long the commute is from woodland to the springs?
To the Springs it should only take about 20 min. depending on traffic. To the location of the costco you are looking at 45 min. The thing about the springs is that if you live close to work then you are close to the mountains.

Before you come out I would sujest to look at home prices. If you are looking to rent let me know I will find out some of the rents in an area that you chose and PM you.

Have you Googled Colorado Springs?

Dean

Last edited by Dean Blanchard; 11-20-2007 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: I wanted more

Old 11-20-2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Blanchard View Post
To the Springs it should only take about 20 min. depending on traffic. To the location of the costco you are looking at 45 min. The thing about the springs is that if you live close to work then you are close to the mountains.

Before you come out I would sujest to look at home prices. If you are looking to rent let me know I will find out some of the rents in an area that you chose and PM you.

Have you Googled Colorado Springs?

Dean
I've been doing a lot of research on towns in Colorado. The one thing that is hard to uncover is commuting times and how far it actually is. It's easy to look at a map and the times and such but it doesn't account for traffic and when rush hour is and road construction. I've already got a few places lined to to live in, in The springs. It seems like there is quite a lot available for about $500/mo. What is the average utility bill there? I'm sure it's considerably more than it is here in Sonoma County since the lows here are maybe in the thirties.....

Thank you,
Andrew

Old 11-22-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingskidsp View Post
I am a RN, will be relocating to Denver in early Jan 08, my son is 14 yrs and would like for him to attend school at Cherry Creek High School. I am looking for an apartment in that area. Does anyone know off an apartment for rent in that area. I am also looking to care for clients in their home. I would appreciate assistance in these areas.Thanks
Try Craigslist.org. I put up and add about a week ago and have already gotten multiple responses. It's a great resource. You can also try rent.com, however I've found craigslist to be much more useful

Andrew
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado