Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 06:50 PM

12,259 posts, read 24,350,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineZ View Post
I have to say that whether you choose to live in Pueblo West or Pueblo is a matter of personal preference, and that to say Pueblo West is much nicer than other areas of Pueblo is an opinion. My husband and I moved here from another state, where we could walk to the downtown, and this is what we like, so we are centrally located in the Mesa Junction neighborhood. I like the mature trees and old, historic architecture and great walking score that this neighborhood has. Also, I like to garden, and I can grow a lot more here, with less difficulty, than in Pueblo West. I called the police department before we moved here to find out about crime in this neighborhood, and I was told that it was one of the safest neighborhoods in the city. After nearly 4 years here, we have found this to be true. My neighbor on one side, who has lived here for many years and is an older woman, never locks her doors! I wouldn't recommend that, but I'm just saying.....I also like the fact that there is an edgy artist element around here, and we actually have made good friends in this neighborhood.
Welcome to city data! I really like the part of town you live in and you are right about the edgy artist element there. I like Pueblo's goal of making Pueblo the art hub of Colorado and hope they continue to do it as the plans they have laid out for downtown are great in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 02:26 PM

2 posts, read 5,054 times
Default Relocating: Pueblo downtown area...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Welcome to city data! I really like the part of town you live in and you are right about the edgy artist element there. I like Pueblo's goal of making Pueblo the art hub of Colorado and hope they continue to do it as the plans they have laid out for downtown are great in my opinion.
New here and soon to be in Pueblo...trying to make sure of the neighborhoods. My fiance and I are both artists, and have our home for sale at present...we found a few nicer places online(old victorians) in the 13th street area...is this a good area of town? Any replies appreciated.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:39 PM

12,259 posts, read 24,350,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbee View Post
New here and soon to be in Pueblo...trying to make sure of the neighborhoods. My fiance and I are both artists, and have our home for sale at present...we found a few nicer places online(old victorians) in the 13th street area...is this a good area of town? Any replies appreciated.
Welcome to Pueblo! I am always excited when artists move to Pueblo as I think a thriving art community is a key bench mark on how successful a city is. Pueblo is doing a lot to improve out culture scene here and its nice to see more artists moving here to help us.

As far as 13th Street. I work on 13th street and like it. Honestly it depends where on 13th street. If it is east of the fountain river then I would say defiantly not as that is the lower east side and a place I always recommend people avoid. If it is by Parkview Medical Center (near where I work) then it is ok.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:13 PM

2 posts, read 5,054 times
thanks so much...it is west of the hospital...we look forward to getting there. It appears to be exactly the type of arts centered town we'd love to beome involved in.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:16 PM

3 posts, read 22,941 times
Default 13th street west of Parkview

That area, to me looks a bit rough, but we have friends who live in an old, restored Victorian on Conley, above 13th. In spite of the look of some of the homes, my friends feel pretty safe: the rough element seems to keep to itself.

I would encourage you to check out the Mesa Junction Neighborhood. You will be able to walk to anything in the Junction business area (around Colorado and Abriendo), as well as being able to walk to the Historic Union Avenue District. You are also 2 minutes from Pueblo City College and 5-6 minute drive to the lovely City Park, Zoo, and tennis courts. Colorado becomes Union at Abriendo, by the way. There are several art galleries on and around Union, a 5-10 minute walk from the Junction Neighborhood. You should check out "Cup and Bowl" (ceramics, photography) on Midway, just off Abriendo: I believe they are on Facebook. "Cup and Bowl" and the Latka Studios (wonderful sculpture and ceramics) are in a neighborhood called "The Blocks." This is a very old neighborhood, that is in the process of being being slowly revamped. Jean Latka of Latka Studios has created tile sculpture art on the Riverwalk, and she also created the beautiful cascading fountain on the Union side of Vectra Bank, downtown.

If you like old character houses, check out the North Side Neighborhood (Elizabeth, Greenwood and cross streets around there) at and above the Parkview Medical Center. Old homes in the Mesa Junction area (Southside=south of the river, but is actually central) are usually a good deal less expensive, and this is an up and coming neighborhood which will only increase in value, in my opinion, as people continue to move here and restore the old houses.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:26 PM

3 posts, read 22,941 times
By the way, the boundaries of the Mesa Junction Neighborhood are, approximately, Lincoln on the north, Abriendo on the East, Washington on the South, and Adams on the west. As I said, this is approximate, since if you look at a map, the neighborhood stands out, the Junction is actually tilted on a diagonal (so west is really facing southwest, and east is really facing northeast).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado