Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 03:43 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,407,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arj00 View Post
Even in California you are only outside maybe an hour a day on average - on the weekends. During the week it is maybe 15 minutes per day.

It does matter though. If the 15mins a day and weekends you WANT to spend outside, it's raining, then that sucks. I hate being stuck indoors all fall and most of winter because of the rain. (I live in Ohio). Thats why so many people have seasonal depression where I live. And why a lot of people are fat.
I understand your point, touché. My brother in law lives in Columbus. He said a couple of years ago it was below freezing for several months. Gray and depressing. But still, people in California sit at their desks at lunchtime on 72 degree February days (I was out playing basketball on outdoor courts with coworkers). They totally took the weather for granted. That was the inspiration for my post.

Try Colorado. No SAD. Very active. Very affordable. Lots of jobs. Very sunny, Today I was out on my back deck in shorts and no shirt sweating: Temperature 39F. Sweating.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 03:59 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,594,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Temperature 39F. Sweating.

How in the heck do you sweat in 39f and physically not doing anything but standing around? Are you big as a bear?

Old 11-24-2007, 04:11 PM

26,111 posts, read 48,696,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
How in the heck do you sweat in 39f and physically not doing anything but standing around? Are you big as a bear?

The direct sunlight here is very strong due to the thinner air. You really do feel warm, even at these temps.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:19 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,407,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post

The sun is very intense. My deck faces south. There was no wind. The deck is very windowed so there was lots of reflection too. No kidding. The humidity was around 30%. I was just sitting in the sun and I got too hot. It was too bright to bring my laptop out to work City Data. I need a $10,000 monitor to overcome the bright sun so I can internet outdoors.

It's Colorado.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:21 PM

17,874 posts, read 27,262,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Today I was out on my back deck in shorts and no shirt sweating: Temperature 39F. Sweating.
So tell us a bit about your personal life, Charles!

Seriously though, it's darn right balmy compared to yesterday! The sun is nice and everything today, but it's way too far on the zenith ( you know what I mean ).

I, like Pittnurse, took the test and quit at the end. I didn't think of falsifying my test because I was afraid the CIA and the CBI would break in and steal my computer.

I did find the assortment of questions interesting though. How about this question; how far away do you want the rest of your family/kin to live?
  • Same House
    Same Block
    Same City
    Same State
    Same Country
    Same Galaxy
    Not Same Galaxy

Old 11-24-2007, 04:22 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,594,455 times
Humm, weird. CoS is higher then Denver, right?

I don't remember @ even 40 degree while living in CoS that I consider myself hot.

So I guess if its about 80, then should we say Denver feels like a melting pot?

Old 11-24-2007, 05:26 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,147,178 times
That's the beauty of it! At 80, it feels comfortable! Now at 100, yes, like the melting pot. More like you're inside your oven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado