Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 12:26 AM

388 posts, read 325,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Facts? or Opinions? I am guessing opinions. "Out of control growth," how so?

Everything should look completely different in 5 or 10 years. I hated the teal & peach 1990's. I severely dislike the popcorn ceilings on the 1970's & 1980's. I love the craftsmanship of the 1940-1960's. I love the 90% efficient furnaces that are more common now, and unheard of 10 years ago. Try explaining the small sidewalk of a 1950's brick ranch out back that is 20 or so feet long and just ends. Or that when the house was built no one had a car, let alone a washer & dryer, so they we added, later.

I think those towns that can not sustain basic living have the most risk of being declared abandoned. You need some industry, something besides a diner and a traffic light.

Change happens.
In this case, change is happening for the worse, IMO. Of course, you are a real estate agent so I'm sure you have some bias. I don't know where you've been living, but MANY people in this state are absolutely disgusted with the, yes, out of control growth. This has been an issue for quite a while in CO, and people were talking about this long before it became an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 01:16 AM

11,810 posts, read 34,265,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
... but MANY people in this state are absolutely disgusted with the, yes, out of control growth.
Please elaborate.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:21 AM

10 posts, read 61,065 times
Default Welcome to Colorado

Viva Colorado!
One of the best places in the USA, sure we have some real dangerous places, like Colfax ave in Aurora, or five points in central Denver but is certainly not as bad as the slums in Florida.
Also the Colorado's local government is very hard working in my opinion, very pro business and pro people. They seem honest and well managed.

I like Littleton, Co, in the south west Denver metro area, I know you must be thinking about Columbine high school tragedy in Littleton 1999.
But I must say it could have happened in Manhattan or in the Hawaii?
I am very fortunate to live here across Chatfield reservoir and minutes to the foothills very accessible to highways and mountains. Nice people, nice housing lots of open spaces, nice sports facilities for your kids to enjoy.
There are people still leaving their front door open and saying high to you when you walk by them.
I have lived around the world, speak 4 languages, I believe that Colorado is one of those places that makes me feel at home and offers a great outdoor life and future growth to follow.
I am not sure if you are aware of the importance of the Denver International Airport, or if you heard of the super large Hospital compound in Aurora probably visible from the moon!, All new stuff, Lots going on in a very underestimated place with some huge potential for the future making it a very desirable place to be.
Welcome to Denver Co.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:05 AM

10 posts, read 25,312 times
Check out Golden, a good bridge for the things you're looking for. Close to inner city poo-town Denver, close to hills/events, traffic to and from is less directionally, crime tolerable, still has a bit of cozy small townishment to it and genuine community involvement. Southern surrounding counties, Douglas, unless you're talking Castle Rock, have suburbs like Hylands Ranch and others. If you're looking for bland, yuppie-wannabie, stepford mentality there great. But if you want to open your front door in the morning and feel Colo. think more like Golden or similar communities.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:03 PM

388 posts, read 325,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Please elaborate.
I would assume you would be somewhat knowledgeable about out-of-control growth here in Colorado since you are a real estate agent, but if you need more info, feel free to check out this website: CO Sprawl Action Center

Quote:
Traffic worsens, city services become more thinly spread, water becomes scarce, and, as poll after poll has shown, out-of-control growth becomes something the local citizens come to fear rather than something they welcome.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:55 AM

17 posts, read 51,993 times
I live in Castle Rock which is halfway between Denver and Colorado Springs. It was voted the number one place in the nation to live this year by Family Circle magazine. It is part of the Douglas County school system which has great schools! Smaller town....approx. 40,000 people, very low crime, lots of amenities, great down to earth neighbors, and about 30 minutes to Denver of CS if you want to do larger city activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado