U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2006, 06:58 PM

19 posts, read 56,006 times

Advertisements

Can't believe my luck, finding this forum!!!

I grew up in Northen California with easy access to the stately Sierra Nevada mountains. Moved to the grey and wet Northwest. Ran to the sunny New Mexican high desert. Now at 50 I am longing for something more reminiscent of my childhood...with just enough differences to keep things exciting. From my all too limited visit to Colorado, I think it just could be the place.

What I find difficult to figure out is where could I build a home that would give me a spectacular view? Craggy, snow capped mountain peaks. Pics on the web can be misleading... maybe those gorgeous photos were taken from some area 30 minutes out of town.

Place that offers comfortable proximity to shopping (at least), Little futher to cultural events, museums,etc. much appreciated. No suburb lot but not way, way isolated either. About a 1/2 to 3/4 acre.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Lily24; 10-18-2006 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: missed a spot when cut & pasting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2006, 10:06 PM

649 posts, read 2,691,756 times
Well- there is many areas where you can get that. Alot depends on your price range and where you will be working. bashep

Old 10-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 21 days ago)

10,885 posts, read 29,317,265 times
Denver is in a bowl, with the surrounding suburbs higher in elevation. Colorado Springs is closer to the mountains than Denver, but we see the front range clearly, depending on the clouds.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:24 PM

220 posts, read 711,928 times
There are some real nice lots available north of 144th and East of Lowell in Broomfield. Went there to watch the sun set and the view was incredible. To the west were the mountains and to the east were city lights. Breathtaking. Lot sizes around 1-5 acres and minutes from civilization. If I had a few hundred extra grand, I would snatch one up and sit on it. Have a look.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:49 AM

827 posts, read 4,631,042 times
Lily24, Montrose has some spectacular views of the San Juans. The craggy, snowy mountains like you are talking about. It can be sort of pricey there but a great place. Also Durango has great mountain views. They have museums and art galleries too. Another city is Colorado Springs, a lot bigger, also you can look west of Colorado Springs and find towns with great mountain views.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:22 PM

19 posts, read 56,006 times
Wink Can't wait!

Thanks folks, for the great suggestions. Yes, of course much depends on price and employment. (though with my profession I have never found the jobs lacking, quite the opposite). It is nice to be getting some input. I won't be able to come up until summer but that's OK. I have much homework to do. I will also be needing an architect to help me with this project. I've never done a custom and want someone well versed in "green homes".

Old 10-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 21 days ago)

10,885 posts, read 29,317,265 times
Most Denver homes are "Built Green" there is a website with some information http://www.builtgreen.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or