U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 07:33 PM

39 posts, read 70,318 times
Default List: Colorado Hotels that allow smoking cannabis

This thread is intended to be a current list of Colorado hotels that allow cannabis smoking.

Please use this thread only to find and discuss cannabis-friendly lodgings, and not to discuss or argue any other aspect of cannabis. Please verify that the hotel allows smoking cannabis before posting it here, and do not include hotels known to disallow it. If a hotel is not listed here, assume that it does NOT allow cannabis smoking. This list will start in areas known to have recreational cannabis retail stores. The consideration of edibles, or other forms of noncombustible cannabis products, is not considered relevant to this thread.

Disclaimer: I am building this list as a private citizen for no profit. I do not represent any business entity, nor am I using this list for any professional marketing purposes. I am purposefully not including contact info on any hotel (such as phone, web link, etc). I am building this list because I believe it to be pertinent to economic and social discussions in this forum, and it is not available anywhere else.
************************************************** ******************************
The following hotels have been directly contacted and confirmed to allow smoking of cannabis. Included are city location of hotel, hotel name, and any stipulations.
************************************************** ******************************
Pueblo:

Microtel Inn & Suites - allowed in smoking rooms only
Super 8 - allowed in smoking rooms only
Days Inn - allowed in smoking rooms only
Ramada Inn - allowed in smoking rooms only
Motel 6 - allowed in smoking rooms only
ValUStay Inn & Suites - allowed in smoking rooms only
Bramble Tree Inn - allowed in all rooms (all rooms are smoking)
Santa Fe Inn & Suites - allowed in smoking rooms only
Kozy Motel - allowed in all rooms (all rooms are smoking)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 07:41 PM

17,206 posts, read 23,829,210 times
I found two others on this listing, which is bound to grow.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:57 PM

Side notes for the Pueblo area:

I called all 31 hotels in the Pueblo area using their official contact number. I asked one basic question "Do you allow the smoking of marijuana in your hotel?". When I received the info, I thanked the person, and ended the call. All conversations lasted less then 30 seconds.

Out of 31 hotels, 22 (71%) did not allow and 9 (29%) did allow (most with stipulations).

I'm already seeing a pattern: none of the 9 hotels that allow smoking cannabis are corporate owned (as opposed to franchised independently owned), and none are run by a professional management company (the owner is directly involved in the business). 5 of the 9 were chain hotels, and the other 4 were of the smaller unaffiliated variety.

Denver is going to be a much bigger task to obtain all data...

Last edited by alostbard; 01-11-2014 at 12:10 AM..

Old 01-11-2014, 11:03 AM

890 posts, read 724,036 times
Good idea for a thread! I'm sure many are going to find it very helpful due to the total lack of legal consumption options for people out of state.

But I just wanted to point out that tourists will have their choice of any hotels if they use edibles and/or infused drinks.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:16 AM

17,206 posts, read 23,829,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Good idea for a thread! I'm sure many are going to find it very helpful due to the total lack of legal consumption options for people out of state.

But I just wanted to point out that tourists will have their choice of any hotels if they use edibles and/or infused drinks.
Maybe someday vaporizers will be provided in hotel rooms as they now do for hair dryers, TVs, etc.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:26 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,144,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post

Good point. Also, when it comes to smoking cannabis I suspect that most hotels/motels which have smoking only rooms will allow the smoking of both pot and tobacco in those rooms. I've worked as a night auditor for a couple of motels here in the Four Corners and the major concern has always been to keep the non-smoking rooms free of the residue of ANY smokable substance while at the same time offering guests the option of indulging in whatever in the privacy of their rooms. I was never required to figure out what guests were smoking in their rooms just so long as they kept a smoke-free room smoke free.

In that spirit, I suggest adding the Aneth Lodge (privately owned) in Cortez to the list for any visiting the Four Corners region. (And no, I no longer have a dog in the fight since I no longer work for them)

Last edited by Colorado Rambler; 01-11-2014 at 11:38 AM..

Old 01-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Status: "Pueblo Canon City CSA 208,000. The 134th largest in the USA!" (set 4 days ago)

10,208 posts, read 11,321,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Maybe someday vaporizers will be provided in hotel rooms as they now do for hair dryers, TVs, etc.
Except they will charge for it. You think hotels will pass up a way to make a buck!

Old 01-11-2014, 11:54 AM

2,183 posts, read 3,416,300 times
Wink Good advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by alostbard View Post
This thread is intended to be a current list of Colorado hotels that allow cannabis smoking.

Please use this thread only to find and discuss cannabis-friendly lodgings, and not to discuss or argue any other aspect of cannabis. Please verify that the hotel allows smoking cannabis before posting it here, and do not include hotels known to disallow it. If a hotel is not listed here, assume that it does NOT allow cannabis smoking. This list will start in areas known to have recreational cannabis retail stores. The consideration of edibles, or other forms of noncombustible cannabis products, is not considered relevant to this thread.

Disclaimer: I am building this list as a private citizen for no profit. I do not represent any business entity, nor am I using this list for any professional marketing purposes. I am purposefully not including contact info on any hotel (such as phone, web link, etc). I am building this list because I believe it to be pertinent to economic and social discussions in this forum, and it is not available anywhere else.
The following hotels have been directly contacted and confirmed to allow smoking of cannabis. Included are city location of hotel, hotel name, and any stipulations.
Pueblo:

Microtel Inn & Suites - allowed in smoking rooms only
Super 8 - allowed in smoking rooms only
Days Inn - allowed in smoking rooms only
Ramada Inn - allowed in smoking rooms only
Motel 6 - allowed in smoking rooms only
ValUStay Inn & Suites - allowed in smoking rooms only
Bramble Tree Inn - allowed in all rooms (all rooms are smoking)
Santa Fe Inn & Suites - allowed in smoking rooms only
Kozy Motel - allowed in all rooms (all rooms are smoking)

Thank you for this helpful public service.

As a side note, hopefully in time more lodging establishments in Colorado will find a way for their guests to enjoy cannabis on the premises. Not every guest may wish to reside within the residues of a smoking allowed room when only wanting a puff or two. It might take a small adjustment to the present statutes, but nice if one had the option of enjoying this in a beer garden of sorts on the premises, either inside or out.

Perhaps in time, as demand and money in the marketplace tend to listened to.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idunn View Post
Not every guest may wish to reside within the residues of a smoking allowed room when only wanting a puff or two.
Unfortunately, this is going to be the industry standard; smoking is smoking, regardless of the material being smoked. Most of the hotels that allowed cannabis smoking viewed it no different than tobacco smoke. Also of note, there were a couple of hotels that allowed tobacco smoking in smoking rooms, but absolutely denied cannabis smoking (IMHO, I contribute this to the preconceived negative notions of cannabis in general by ownership or management).

Hotel managers will react to the perception of the majority of it's clientele. It is very possible that the hotel will surcharge (usually $50-$250) if the guest has cannabis in a non-smoking room, even if no combustion takes place in the room. High grade cannabis can emit a highly pungent smell just being handled, even if it is not combusted, and the smell can linger in the room.

ANYTHING that leaves a smell that could be considered offensive to the next guest may result in an extra charge. I have seen an extra charge for a guest that cooked a highly pungent food in the room; we had to put that room off the market for about a week while an ionizer cleaned the smell, and the guest was charged an extra $100. Because of the overbearing smell, we could not rent that room to another guest, and considered it as lost possible revenue. This is why a lot of higher end hotels require even the housekeeping staff to be nonsmokers; so they can more easily detect what might be offensive to the next guest of that room.

Last edited by alostbard; 01-12-2014 at 01:13 AM..

Old 01-13-2014, 07:10 AM

464 posts, read 319,017 times
It looks like alostbard gave city-data a scoop on this information. Soon somebody will get it onto a website and figure out how to reap advertising revenue from it. Then related businesses (taxicabs, pizza delivery, pueblo tour limos, glass/vape shops) will be able to tap into the revenue and consumers will be able to review them. "pueblocannabis.com" is still available for $10, but maybe not for long. I suggest a ".org" non-profit public service, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado