Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:12 PM

5 posts, read 28,893 times

Advertisements

Was wondering if anyone had any idea on the quality of child care in/around Castle Rock? I am looking for something less in-house child care and more building/stand alone type of child care (think goddard, kindercare, etc.). What are the costs (roughly)? (I would have a 4 year old and a 1 year old).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 10:43 AM

4 posts, read 28,309 times
Default Moving to Colorado?

Hi, we currently live near Charlotte NC. We love it here but don't have any family here, most of our family is in Colorado. We are contemplating a move in a year to the Castle rock area.
Can anyone give me input on two things:
1. We want to move to a community that is more private, with a swimming pool, work out room and golf course (does anyone know any that are good?)

2. How are the schools in Castle Rock?

Any input is appreciated,
Thanks!

Old 12-02-2007, 11:10 AM

26,338 posts, read 93,407,924 times
What is your price range or rental budget?
What line of work are you in?
Where do you expect to work?
There are government schools in Castle Rock. School age children are required by law to attend school (government or private) or their parents are subject to prosecution which may include jail time and/or fines.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:47 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,008,849 times
In brief...

Castle Rock is a small-town that has morphed into a huge mass of exurban neighborhoods with houses ranging from mid-$100k up to a couple million. Apartments and townhouses are widely available. The public schools are generally good and are a part of the Douglas County School District. If you neighborhood school is unsuitable, charter schools are available on a first-come, first-served basis. You also have the option of open-enrolling your children in any Douglas County public school of your choosing, provided there is space and you can provide transportation.

As far as housing...your description of a private community with a golf course brings to mind Castle Pines or perhaps Plum Creek, but I think we need a bit more information from you to make good suggestions about where you might begin your search.

Last edited by formercalifornian; 12-02-2007 at 01:10 PM..

Old 12-03-2007, 09:59 AM

17 posts, read 51,993 times
I agree. Sounds like Castle Pines or Plum Creek are what you are looking for short of knowing your price range. I live in Castle Rock and it is part of the Douglas County school system which is great. There is a very diverse range of homes with small to high acreage lots, and the price ranges are $100k to multi-million dollar homes.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:59 PM

4 posts, read 28,309 times
Thanks for your input everyone! Our price range is up to 800K. I prefer around 750 though.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:29 AM

17 posts, read 51,993 times
In that range there's a lot to consider. Personally, I'd recommend first driving around the different neighborhoods to get a feel for each one to see which seems comfortable. Once you have narrowed it down a bit, then have a Realtor show you a couple homes in each. If you decide on a particular neighborhood, then a Realtor should know all the homes on the market, soon to come on the market, price ranges, etc. and consistantly provide you this information so that you can purchase not only the home you love, but also at the right price. Another golf course area to consider would be Pradera in Parker. This area has a wide variety range of homes with all amenities and brand new. Please call if you would like help.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:05 PM

49 posts, read 222,572 times
Default Silver Heights (Castle Rock) elevation

I am curious about the elevation around the Siver Heights-Founders area of Castle Rock. Also, was curious about the elevation of the Meadows area in CR too.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:35 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,407,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltagolf View Post
I am curious about the elevation around the Siver Heights-Founders area of Castle Rock. Also, was curious about the elevation of the Meadows area in CR too.
You can get the elevation from Google Earth. Awesome application.

Google Earth

Old 01-16-2008, 02:56 PM

49 posts, read 222,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You can get the elevation from Google Earth. Awesome application.

Google Earth
Yeah, I am aware of it. I just didn't want to have top load the whole program along with the umwelcome googlebar that is packaged with it. I thought it was quicker to ask if anyone knew, guess not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado