Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2007, 07:38 PM

609 posts, read 2,117,487 times

Advertisements

We are considering Colorado or Arizona. Have done lots of research online and have narrowed it down to Pueblo West in Colorado.
In Arizona down to Maricopa or Florence.
Housing acrually seems to be a little less expensive in Arizona now with the housing,mortgage mess.
We are having a problem finding new construction in the Colorado area mentioned under $160,000, but that price range is wide open with options in Arizona.
We have thought about the Az hot, vs the Colorado cold.
Property taxes are about the same, maybe a bit higher in Colorado.
We would appreciate any thoughts and input as far as areas, prices, weather etc.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 07:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Check out this forum. There is a "sticky" weather thread. There are tons of threads about housing, schools, etc. You could search for "Pueblo" using the search function.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:48 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Are you retired? Working? What line of work? Where working? Where are your folks/family? Kids? Ages? Health concerns (in need of medical facilities)? Travel much? Moving from where? Why CO or AZ? Been to either before?

Provide this type of information and you will get some useful replies. Otherwise people will generalize for five pages and you won't get much help. Either that or people will basically tell you what you want to hear.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:20 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times
Aren't you the same person(s) on the Arizona forum choosing between Arkansas and Arizona? So it's really Colorado vs. Arizona vs. Arkansas? And you live in Texas right now, right? My guess is of the three, Arkansas is the most similar to Texas.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:52 AM

609 posts, read 2,117,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Aren't you the same person(s) on the Arizona forum choosing between Arkansas and Arizona? So it's really Colorado vs. Arizona vs. Arkansas? And you live in Texas right now, right? My guess is of the three, Arkansas is the most similar to Texas.
Yes, it has come down to Colorado, Arkansas, or Arizona. It Arkansas is like Texas then it is not for us. We want out of the humidity.
Thanks

Old 12-04-2007, 09:32 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
If 160K is more than you want to go in Pueblo West then I would agree that you're pretty limited. I don't see things getting much better until after the election and they could get worse instead of better. I'm not a real estate expert, but I don't think a real estate expert could guarantee you anything anyway. The housing market is a mess here from what I hear but I think it's a sandwich that everybody will eventually take a bite of.

We got into Pueblo West back in about 2000 and the market was booming then. It was a little too strong. Then in about 03', the sub-prime fiasco was in full swing and homes just kept going up in Pueblo West. There's plenty of empty new homes on every block out near where I live. About the only thing appealing about our home is that it's NOT a McMansion. It's "compact, if you will. Our builder has been winning awards for building the best home for under- 100K, 120K, 150K; that sort of thing. He uses space very efficiently. 5 bedrooms, 2 and 3/4 bathrooms for under 120k including lot and upgrades! But this was back in the day. We've been around for 7 years now. People aren't supposed to live in their home for over 4 or 5 years, right? You're supposed to sell in 4 and use your appreciation to be the down on your next bigger better home, right? Those days are done for a while.

One way or another, Pueblo West is growing. A Walmart Distribution Center was going to be built here, meaning at least 800 jobs, and the Pueblo Commissioners shot it down. I guess it goes against the whole Gov'ment Cheese, wheel chair, cane, and EBT card thing that Pueblo is so accustom to. (Oops! Shut up, inside voices!) Pueblo County is going to grow whether it's a good thing or not. Currently, Pueblo West North is exploding with military people who commute to the south end of El Paso County. That's why I'm not real big on the north side of P-Dub.

I would say buy what you can afford where you can afford and if you have to live somewhere, consider renting a home/apartment for a year or so and try again.

I don't think the experts know anything for sure and it's all speculation. The bottom line is there are people out there trying to make a buck and they will take money out of your pocket to feed their kids! Before you sign any papers ask yourself, "would mom and dad approve of or do this"? This little consideration just might save you $5000.00 + down the road.

Arizona, don't know much about it. I was born there but moved out when I was about 3 months old.

Good luck.

Congratulations, Cyclones! 4A State Champions! Recognize!

Old 12-04-2007, 05:16 PM

8 posts, read 35,902 times
I can't say a whole lot, but I've lived in AZ all my life and am itching to get out. Maricopa is waaaaay out of the way...Will take you 1.5-2hrs to get into central Phoenix any time near rush hour. They built so much out there so quick, they forgot to improve the roads and stuff out there.

Plus, it's hot. If you don't mind the heat and really prefer warmer winters, then I guess it's ok. I hate the heat and prefer cooler temperatures where I don't have to worry about 2nd degree burns from my seatbelt after my car has been parked all day.

just my $0.02
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado