Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 10:37 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,096,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCO5280 View Post
Depending on how wealthy I was I would actually buy a small mountain town and rename it Elcoville... and invite all like minding peeps to live with me and my family... It would be my attempt at an intentional community.
Now that's wealthy. Way to think big.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 12:56 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,998,731 times
Here you go

Just read the description, pretty insane

113 Highlands Way, Telluride CO - Trulia

Old 03-18-2014, 12:58 PM

356 posts, read 623,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Here you go

Dang- I couldn't even afford to click the link!

Old 03-18-2014, 01:19 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Here you go

I just LOVE the internet....with just a snippet of info one may track down all sorts of further info, such as this article on the home.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:58 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
I might also consider another state, I haven't really been here long enough to feel like Colorado is "home." My heart hasn't really put down permanent roots yet.

But sticking to the topic...

I also haven't experienced enough places, but I really adore Manitou Springs. The funky, artsy, vibe, the cute shops, and just the weird feeling in the air when you just sit down and breathe, I can't explain it. If I believed in spirits and new-age voodoo mumbo jumbo, I'd start talking about energies and vibrations, it really feels special up there. I just love it.

I have seen how little side streets seem to wind up into the mountains around the main drag, there. I'd try to find a wee bit of land up one of those steep windy roads and build my own little slice of paradise on it.

Now, it's worth mentioning... Independently wealthy means "I don't have to work." So I'm assuming I have no excruciatingly important reason I would ever have to come down out of the hills in bad weather under these circumstances. And this would also have to be after my kids were grown and gone, because I want them in the schools they are in, for their music programs...

I would also be very happy if I lived in a space in a second floor above businesses in Manitou's downtown strip, if it were big enough to use as a small apartment and a big art space. (This if it were just me, no kids or husband.)

But then, I also like mountain views and not worrying so much about fire. So I'd really have to think about it...

Old 03-18-2014, 03:24 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,121,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I just LOVE the internet....with just a snippet of info one may track down all sorts of further info, such as this article on the home.
Thanks, Mike! That led me to Seinfeld's Telluride home: Let's Take A Look At Jerry Seinfeld's Gorgeous Telluride House In Honor Of His Birthday (PHOTOS)

Old 03-18-2014, 04:28 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,370,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
Now that's wealthy. Way to think big.
Yeah I want to change my answer now.

North of me along the east side of I-70 I spied a lot of land with a big mesa on it and probably a great view of the Larkspur / Perry Park area. I would like to bore a tunnel into it for easy but secret road access to the top where I will put a modest home surrounded by a thousand acres of natural swimming pools, stunning landscaping with artisan stone work, integrated exotic pet habitats, outdoor and indoor sporting facilities, a go kart race track and my own jet runway and helo pad. I will take the helicopter skiing and to my loft in Denver for Rockies games and the jet (with detachable amphibious boat) to the South Pacific when I feel like a swim. But I will still LIVE in CO!

Old 03-18-2014, 07:34 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default Less MOney, more land

Quote:
Here you go
Try this one
http://leadbetterwebsterland.com/Eng..._Gunnison.html

Old 03-18-2014, 07:38 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default I would stay in Denver

Right where I live now.
I love:
1. grocery shopping convenience (Sprouts, King Soopes)
2. easy access to Kaiser (which I actually need now)
3. trivial access to Tennyson Street shops
4. very blue Denver government
5. excellent city services

3968 Vrain Street, Berkeley, Denver, CO 80212-2251 USA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado